Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Omaha

Default Re: Omaha

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    I see what you are saying in terms of bringing in a high profile coach etc. but this NDSU team is one of the lousiest teams in D1. We shouldn’t need more money to be better than that. We flat out stink
    Why high profile? How about just a good one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

steelbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Why high profile? How about just a good one?

Exactly. Seems to be working in SD and SDSU

I see what you are saying in terms of bringing in a high profile coach etc. but this NDSU team is one of the lousiest teams in D1. We shouldn’t need more money to be better than that. We flat out stink
    It’s worse then the 2010 or 2011 NDSU teams that laughable at best

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    I’m not following your line of reasoning. What does that have to do with the argument that it doesn’t take more money to not be this bad?

I’m not following your line of reasoning. What does that have to do with the argument that it doesn’t take more money to not be this bad?
    My comments about money are intended for those who have said because of a down year they are not going to buy tickets again

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I strongly disagree with this statement, those teams didn't have a guy like Paul Miller or even guys like Tyson or Deng. This team showed on Saturday that they are capable of being a good team, just like they showed when they beat USD on the road. We have lost 5 league games by a combined 18 points, both Denver & ORU on last second shots....if we get a few different things to go our way in each of those games we are 10-4, the 3 seed and yes, people would still complain. We have the talent to win this tournament, whether or not they have the confidence or the coaching to do so remains to be seen. Saturday was encouraging though, that's the first time they started a game playing well in a very long time.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    I strongly disagree with this statement, those teams didn't have a guy like Paul Miller or even guys like Tyson or Deng. This team showed on Saturday that they are capable of being a good team, just like they showed when they beat USD on the road. We have lost 5 league games by a combined 18 points, both Denver & ORU on last second shots....if we get a few different things to go our way in each of those games we are 10-4, the 3 seed and yes, people would still complain. We have the talent to win this tournament, whether or not they have the confidence or the coaching to do so remains to be seen. Saturday was encouraging though, that's the first time they started a game playing well in a very long time.
    I was saying this team is not as awful as those teams if you read what I was responding to

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I was saying this team is not as awful as those teams if you read what I was responding to
    Sorry, I didn't see quotes and just misread it....rest of the post remains the same, we have the talent, just need to utilize it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Please don't tell me there's always next year.
    COuple of things. THe women's program is an absolute NIGHTMARE. They are not competitive, nobody cares, nobody goes, and her contract is longer than people think....

The Men have been competitive. They were first in the league for a long time last year, but lost when it mattered. Not the finish anyone wanted or expected. This year is about where I expected them. I did not love this team. I knew we lacked some form of leadership. We didn't have that KB or Dex who was a leader by his words and his actions. We aren't that good. I expected us to be able to beat anyone, and to be beat by anyone. Clearly had a bad losing streak to end the year that sucked. Just not a great team, but the compare the two programs is foolish. The Men have been in the summit final several years in a row until last year.

In regards to to saying there is always next year....that is not my comment...My comment was I am excited about next year, as I think we get a lot better. THe incoming guards are clearly an upgrade and I feel there is a need for some new blood in the gym, which can happen a lot.

For example. Tim MIles had his starting Center and Power forward transfer out. He was fine with it, as he needed no blood in the gym. THis year they went from 12 wins to 22, with 13 of them in conference, has never been done before in the history of the program. I still think he was going to get fired last year but football was such a mess they chose to let him hang on. He proved them right and will get extended now.

Quick recap...we aren't good. We also aren't as bad as some of the football only fans want to say we are. New blood is good. I am not asking anyone to share these opinions with me. Just my HO. Is that better Bisonator98?
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

I think we need to stop with this football only fans bullshit. IF they truly are football only fans they wouldn't even bother to post in this forum. Just because you don't like that some posters only point out the negative or that some poster aren't great basketball minds doesn't mean they aren't fans of Bison basketball. If I had to choose football or basketball I would let basketball walk out the door 100 times over and never think twice about it but that doesn't make me a football only fan. This is the first year I can remember that I stopped watching basketball games because I was so disappointed with the team. For me it was beyond frustrating bordering on embarrassing to watch at times. Many times I would remember there was a game, think about turning it on and then choose not to because I didn't want to watch the ineptitude. This is also the first year and a long time I didn't go to any home games. It's not because I love football so much, it's because our basketball team was bad.
    Last edited by TAILG8R; 02-27-2018 at 12:26 AM.