Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2/22 @ wiu

Default Re: 2/22 @ wiu

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Bison crumbling down the stretch...WIU back in control...up by 8.
    As per usual ��

Bison crumbling down the stretch...WIU back in control...up by 8.
    Jfc this team could fuck up a K cup

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

WIU 82
    NDSU 74 FINAL

Miller's 27 points not good enough, the free fall continues. NDSU hasn't held a lead in over 2 games, is 0-5 in the second half of Summit League play.

SL Standings...
    1. SDSU 12-1
    2. USD 11-3
    3. Fort Wayne 7-6
    3. Denver 7-6
    5. ORU 5-9
    6. NDSU 4-9
    6. Omaha 4-9
    8. WIU 3-10

The Omaha game will decide if NDSU plays USD or Denver/IPFW
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

WIU 82
    NDSU 74 FINAL

Miller's 27 points not good enough, the free fall continues. NDSU hasn't held a lead in over 2 games, is 0-5 in the second half of Summit League play.

SL Standings...
    1. SDSU 11-1
    2. USD 11-2
    3. Fort Wayne 7-6
    3. Denver 7-6
    5. ORU 5-9
    6. NDSU 4-9
    6. Omaha 4-9
    8. WIU 3-10

The Omaha game will decide if NDSU plays USD or Denver/IPFW
    At least USD or SDSU will put us out of our misery quickly. How come 2 years in a row we shit the bed late in the year? Starting to become a trend

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    At least USD or SDSU will put us out of our misery quickly. How come 2 years in a row we shit the bed late in the year? Starting to become a trend
    Poor defense, turnovers, poor rotations....back to back years of being a dumpster fire when the team should be getting better. A lot of that is on coaching.

We lose and WIU wins are we 8 seed since WIU has a win over IPFW? lol.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    We lose and WIU wins are we 8 seed since WIU has a win over IPFW? lol.
    Our USD win breaks every tiebreaker since we split with everyone in 5th-8th. So we'll either be #5 or #7 depending on how the last game goes.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I don't know what to say anymore except our guys battled back, swung the momentum in our favor and were ready to take the lead and finish the game and the refs took the game away from us. There were 4 or 5 fouls where we didn't even touch the guy, the charge Eliason took gets called a block and on the other end our guys get their arms raked over trying to drive to the lane and nothing gets called. We played the 2nd half of that game 5 on 8, could we have done a little more to get the W, sure but we had it in our hands and had it taken away by the stripes.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    I don't know what to say anymore except our guys battled back, swung the momentum in our favor and were ready to take the lead and finish the game and the refs took the game away from us. There were 4 or 5 fouls where we didn't even touch the guy, the charge Eliason took gets called a block and on the other end our guys get their arms raked over trying to drive to the lane and nothing gets called. We played the 2nd half of that game 5 on 8, could we have done a little more to get the W, sure but we had it in our hands and had it taken away by the stripes.
    I did not watch the game, But the stat line had WIU 33-41 from the line and 19 fouls. NDSU was 18-23 from the line with 29 fouls. 10 more fouls lead to 18 more free throw attempts and in the end 15 more points. I know we do not always drive enough to create fouls and get to the line. But we have done better this year with doing it. But to me it seems like we foul a lot more on shooting attempts vs just the run of the mill reach in or block type fouls. Not sure if that is what happened last night.
    I noticed this year (maybe we never did last year either) that our team does not come over and fist bump or shake the refs hands before the game as most teams do. Do you think that rubs refs the wrong way before the game even starts? Is there a reason we do not do this?
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    I did not watch the game, But the stat line had WIU 33-41 from the line and 19 fouls. NDSU was 18-23 from the line with 29 fouls. 10 more fouls lead to 18 more free throw attempts and in the end 15 more points. I know we do not always drive enough to create fouls and get to the line. But we have done better this year with doing it. But to me it seems like we foul a lot more on shooting attempts vs just the run of the mill reach in or block type fouls. Not sure if that is what happened last night.
    I noticed this year (maybe we never did last year either) that our team does not come over and fist bump or shake the refs hands before the game as most teams do. Do you think that rubs refs the wrong way before the game even starts? Is there a reason we do not do this?
    It wasn't just shot attempts, WIU was in the bonus with like 12 minutes left and double bonus with 8 minutes left, everything was a foul, it was ridiculous. And I don't remember us ever going and giving the refs a fist bump, they are Division 1 paid officials, they are paid to call a fair game not get butt hurt over a few college players not giving them a fist bump before the game, no reason that should have any impact whatsoever.