Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 2/17 vs IPFW

Default Re: 2/17 vs IPFW

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Well then booking 2-1 with some better teams will help. But we have to be better before other teams will want to play us.
    Incorrect scheduling usually happens 3 or 4 years out ... so where were we then?
    And the budget was 1.3 million according to this
    https://www.ndsu.edu/fileadmin/vpfa/...get_FY2017.pdf
    So I’d guess that list is fairly accurate....

Our budget is fine...we could buy a few more home games I guess but we have come a long way from what Tim and Saul had to work with. We are paying our coaches next to nothing...bottom tier of the Summit...bottom of DI.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Our budget is fine...we could buy a few more home games I guess but we have come a long way from what Tim and Saul had to work with. We are paying our coaches next to nothing...bottom tier of the Summit...bottom of DI.

It’s not fine you want to win
    You want a better schedule
    You want
    You want
    You want
    That costs

I'm not sure we can buy a lot of games...it would help if our conference would get to 10 teams so this wouldn't be as big if an issue.

Also I rarely bitch about the schedule...I get why it is what it is. What I want is better coaching.

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    It’s not fine you want to win
    You want a better schedule
    You want
    You want
    You want
    That costs
    Look where SDSU and USD are and explain why we need to spend more money? Money isn't why this year's team sucks. Money isn't why we won a tourney game 4 years ago. I agree we need to increase the BB budget but that's not the reason we suck right now. It's an excuse that isn't going to fly.

I do think the people that demand a better schedule, do have to realize for MBB scheduling is very difficult. To Dave's credit he has worked in a home and home with Missouri State and the league has also created a deal with the Big Sky so things are getting better. Plus IUPUI left the entire league in a bad spot when they bailed at the last second.

With that said, I do think that basketball is kind of at where football was at in 2009. At a crossroads, the culture isn't good and the team has lost its identity. Bohl figured it out, I guess the big question is can Richman do the same? I think he needs to be willing to make some real changes because what is going on right now, definitely can't continue.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTeacher View Post
    I'm not sure it's about 'we'. It's about NDSU. I will watch anyways. Good or bad. But I am not a ticket holder. I do think a long conversation between Dave and Matt needs to take place.
    When I say "we" I mean NDSU, the fans, and community. I will also continue to watch and cheer win or lose. Alli have said is DR seems unwilling to adjust to what we have and seems lost. I was a ticket holder until they effed up the seating. I now buy seating upstairs when I can go. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    I do think the people that demand a better schedule, do have to realize for MBB scheduling is very difficult. To Dave's credit he has worked in a home and home with Missouri State and the league has also created a deal with the Big Sky so things are getting better. Plus IUPUI left the entire league in a bad spot when they bailed at the last second.

With that said, I do think that basketball is kind of at where football was at in 2009. At a crossroads, the culture isn't good and the team has lost its identity. Bohl figured it out, I guess the big question is can Richman do the same? I think he needs to be willing to make some real changes because what is going on right now, definitely can't continue.
    That's why a lot of us were hoping that we could somehow get into the MVC. And frankly, as a basketball-first fan, that's why I'd love to see football move into an FBS conference. Doing so isn't just about football. The basketball schedule improves when the quality of the conference we're in improves.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.