Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Kennedy looks to leave UND

Default Re: Kennedy looks to leave UND

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Their strategy of just plain sucking has been very successful at making them ineligible for the postseason thus far, but if they want to go all "belt AND suspenders", they'd have to cut 4 sports to get down under the 14 required for DI. They currently offer one more sport than we do.
    Looking at Wikipedia, they currently have 17 sports with T&F being counted twice for both Men and Women. To be eligible for DI in the FCS subdivision, they have to have at least 14 with the combo of either 7 teams each for Men and Women or 6 for Men and 8 for Women.

Right now they have the following sports for Men:
    1. Basketball
    2. Cross Country
    3. Football
    4. Golf
    5. Hockey
    6. Tennis
    7. Indoor Track & Field
    8. Outdoor Track & Field

For Women:
    1. Basketball
    2. Cross Country
    3. Golf
    4. Tennis
    5. Indoor Track & Field
    6. Outdoor Track & Field
    7. Soccer
    8. Softball
    9. Volleyball

My guess is if they need to cut sports to the minimum 14 teams, it will be a combo of two Men's teams and Women's team. My wild guess is Golf for both genders (since Men's Golf has already been dropped once) and Men's Tennis.

If money really becomes an issue, they might have to decide between their two most costly sports, Hockey and Football. For a school their size, it's a bit foolish to have expenditures on more than one sport that requires so much resources. Well, technically hockey doesn't need the amount they spend on it, but they are fully invested into it as if they are a Big 10 team.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Looking at Wikipedia, they currently have 17 sports with T&F being counted twice for both Men and Women. To be eligible for DI in the FCS subdivision, they have to have at least 14 with the combo of either 7 teams each for Men and Women or 6 for Men and 8 for Women.

1. Basketball
    2. Cross Country
    3. Football
    4. Golf
    5. Hockey
    6. Tennis
    7. Indoor Track & Field
    8. Outdoor Track & Field

For Women:
    1. Basketball
    2. Cross Country
    3. Golf
    4. Tennis
    5. Indoor Track & Field
    6. Outdoor Track & Field
    7. Soccer
    8. Softball
    9. Volleyball

My guess is if they need to cut sports to the minimum 14 teams, it will be a combo of two Men's teams and Women's team. My wild guess is Golf for both genders (since Men's Golf has already been dropped once) and Men's Tennis.

If money really becomes an issue, they might have to decide between their two most costly sports, Hockey and Football. For a school their size, it's a bit foolish to have expenditures on more than one sport that requires so much resources. Well, technically hockey doesn't need the amount they spend on it, but they are fully invested into it as if they are a Big 10 team.
    Men's golf got cut

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Nel360 View Post
    Men's golf got cut

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    Then reinstated after getting outside funds according to the Wikipedia website I was referring to: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_...Fighting_Hawks
    Hail the BISON!!!

UND students chip in.
    Scroll down to the video.
    http://blogs.und.edu/und-today/2019/...7x7WN-zMXGs7vA
    Looking forward to Summit & MVFC[SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post

1. Basketball
    2. Cross Country
    3. Football
    4. Golf
    5. Hockey
    6. Tennis
    7. Indoor Track & Field
    8. Outdoor Track & Field

For Women:
    1. Basketball
    2. Cross Country
    3. Golf
    4. Tennis
    5. Indoor Track & Field
    6. Outdoor Track & Field
    7. Soccer
    8. Softball
    9. Volleyball

Their deficit is significant and structural.

Cutting a couple, low-cost sports will have next to no impact.

Barring a savior, they are going to continue cutting away at all sports budgets, except for one.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Quote Originally Posted by Bison bison View Post
    Their deficit is significant and structural.

Cutting a couple, low-cost sports will have next to no impact.

Barring a savior, they are going to continue cutting away at all sports budgets, except for one.
    Best option then would be for them to drop back to DII (I'm not sure if that's ever happened). Once they hit the 14 sport limit, the next money saving method would be to cut scholarship money and travel costs.
    Hail the BISON!!!