Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Spencer Eliason leaving after this season

Default Re: Spencer Eliason leaving after this season

You don't improve as a team by losing seniors who are poised to play their best basketball but who am I to judge him wanting to commit to medical school.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Kujava23 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

He had improved with his physicality---better on ball defender---he looked to score---better rebounder

If he wants to start medical school---GREAT FOR HIM--Spencer certainly is a smart kid!

From everything I have heard this is a outstanding young man.... to spin it into a team problem that he wants to begin medical school is just sad and undeserved..this is the ignorant shit that got lakes in trouble... just sayin

Good luck to Spencer!

Hopefully Rocky can step up his game. Will be interesting to see how Meidinger develops. We desperately need an inside presence.

VERY impressive young man. Came in and went to work. Slowly developed, got healthy, and is going to be very successful. A true Bison! Thank you!
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

some of you guys are misconstruing my post. Going to med school is a great career move. Doing so a year early is obviously the best decision for him. I just regret there was less incentive for him to stay than to leave. That isn’t a controversial statement. And it isn’t an unremarkable development. Anytime someone voluntarily leaves a D-1 basketball team is newsworthy.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    some of you guys are misconstruing my post. Going to med school is a great career move. Doing so a year early is obviously the best decision for him. I just regret there was less incentive for him to stay than to leave. That isn’t a controversial statement. And it isn’t an unremarkable development. Anytime someone voluntarily leaves a D-1 basketball team is newsworthy.
    You made it controversial by trying to tie his leaving in to team problems. My bet is he chose Med school over a lack of playing time and realized he needed to commit to med school.
    A reserve player leaving a team is hardly news worthy. Leaving for med school is.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    if your hypothesis were true it would be the worst possible finance decision one could make.....shave off a year plus of potential salary. you look at long term saving and investment and idc what job one finally decides on a years salary adds up to a lot.
    Yep. And when your a doctor, your income earning potential takes a while to get to. Residents make pretty pedestrian salaries but the faster that happens, the sooner they can make the real income. Heck it can take up to 15 years to be a fully fledged practicing medical doctor then you need several years of income just to pay back student loans if you took them. So I totally get that.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Yep. And when your a doctor, your income earning potential takes a while to get to. Residents make pretty pedestrian salaries but the faster that happens, the sooner they can make the real income. Heck it can take up to 15 years to be a fully fledged practicing medical doctor then you need several years of income just to pay back student loans if you took them. So I totally get that.
    Sure, that's true. He's getting 1-year's head start on his career and path to earning. And that is probably a major factor in his thinking. I mean, you want to be a doctor, you get accepted to medical school--who wouldn't want to get after that as quick as possible.

But being a division 1 scholarship basketball player is pretty special too. I simply was making the point that it's too bad he didn't see more of an upside to stay. It isn't necessarily anyone's fault (his, or DR's or the team's). It just is what it is. That is NOT the same thing as saying the team issues drove him away, as some are saying I said. I'm saying that, in his calculation, the situation wasn't attractive enough to stay at NDSU and finish out his college basketball career.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

To the extent it matters (or not), he is enrolling in dental school at Nebraska. Maybe he'll ask Miles for a scholly.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.