Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: 2/10 @ Denver

Default Re: 2/10 @ Denver

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    I can’t give him a pass his passing is awful he is a dvision1 basketball player
    I'm not sure how anyone can look objectively at any bison basketball game this year and see Paul Miller as the problem. Unless he is a locker room cancer which is something we can't see behind closed doors.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTeacher View Post
    I'm not sure how anyone can look objectively at any bison basketball game this year and see Paul Miller as the problem. Unless he is a locker room cancer which is something we can't see behind closed doors.
    We miss Dex this year, we will miss Paul Miller twice as much next year. Paul is a solid player on both ends of the court.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Did you watch the usd game? Six turnovers in the first half... this from the guy who was at one time gonna run our offense... watch his horrible passing great shooter no doubt plays hard... but passing wow... I’m not blaming him totally but... usd and the end of this game forcing shots when he couldn’t score his shot was not falling... I mean the kid couldn’t have scored in a whore house with a fistful of fifties yesterday... and he was forcing shots at the end and making a couple of his trademark passes

Did you watch the usd game? Six turnovers in the first half... this from the guy who was at one time gonna run our offense... watch his horrible passing great shooter no doubt plays hard... but passing wow... I’m not blaming him totally but... usd and the end of this game forcing shots when he couldn’t score his shot was not falling... I mean the kid couldn’t have scored in a whore house with a fistful of fifties yesterday... and he was forcing shots at the end and making a couple of his trademark passes
    I did... you know I did. Im pretty sure that was the one we were arguing whether we were a 3 point shooting team or not. Paul hasnt played well the last few games. I agree. But If Im looking for answers on why this team isnt playing well...I sure aint starting with him. Wow. Just wow.

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

#buttfootball...

I hate what has happened to the m&w basketball programs. I think that there is still hope for men's basketball in the future, with this coach or the next. However, it is likely curtains for the woman's program for the foreseeable future as SDSU has a strangle hold on that like we have with football. There just isn't enough DI athletes in Minn. and the Dakotas to go around. Maybe we should be like Velva and go all in on wrestling and football, at least we can realistically be national champs in those sports.

bisoneer is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    #buttfootball...

I hate what has happened to the m&w basketball programs. I think that there is still hope for men's basketball in the future, with this coach or the next. However, it is likely curtains for the woman's program for the foreseeable future as SDSU has a strangle hold on that like we have with football. There just isn't enough DI athletes in Minn. and the Dakotas to go around. Maybe we should be like Velva and go all in on wrestling and football, at least we can realistically be national champs in those sports.

Historically this is a winning program, take a look at these numbers from past and current coaches:

Stan Borleske 1919–1922 42–14
    8 George Dewey 1922–1925 56–15
    9 Ion Cortright 1925–1926 22–3
    10 Leonard Saalwaechter 1926–1933 71–68
    11 Bob Lowe 1933–1946 141–102
    12 C.P. Reed 1946–1949 32–41
    13 B.C. "Chuck" Bentson 1949–1965 169–207
    14 Doug Cowman 1965–1968 33–41
    15 Lyle "Bud" Belk 1968–1972 50–55
    16 Marv Skaar 1972–1978 93–69
    17 Erv Inniger 1978–1992 244–150
    18 Tom Billeter 1992–1997 97–50
    19 Ray Giacoletti 1997–2000 48–33
    20 Greg McDermott 2000–2001 15–11
    21 Tim Miles 2001–2007 99–71
    22 Saul Phillips 2007–2014 134–84
    23 David Richman 2014–present 62–34
    Let's Go Bison!!!

I did... you know I did. Im pretty sure that was the one we were arguing whether we were a 3 point shooting team or not. Paul hasnt played well the last few games. I agree. But If Im looking for answers on why this team isnt playing well...I sure aint starting with him. Wow. Just wow.
    Your the one that said I’m starting there... everyone on this team has been picked at for losses Paul can be as well... I said he is a awful passer... it’s like winkleman dribbling.... now they were both good players but had that one glaring problem

Your the one that said I’m starting there... everyone on this team has been picked at for losses Paul can be as well... I said he is a awful passer... it’s like winkleman dribbling.... now they were both good players but had that one glaring problem
    So...paul is a bad passer. ok. What else you got? The team has much bigger fish to fry me thinks.

Again...I dont disagree. But on the pass you are referring to everyone was standing on the arc. Nobody moving. I think it goes back to what seems to be our offensive focus on threes, and that goes back to the coach.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BISONFAN4LIFE View Post
    And I am still a fan and will continue to hope for the best. Although the hope is fading fast.
    This is where I'm at, I love this team and we have the talent to win this league but the more and more I watch them play the more and more it comes back to coaching and it concerns me. Amigo goes out with 2 fouls in the game and they bring in a guy who is 6'6" to play center and we don't change a thing. Get Spencer on that block and feed him the ball! If he can't get it done get Deng in at the 5 and let him work those guys over, good things happen when the ball can be scored from the post, how we don't attack it when their tallest guy on the floor is 6'6" absolutely floors me.

In general it seems as though we are going to go as far as Paul Miller takes us, he's had 4 rough games in a row and we've lost them all. Tyson played an awesome game but it still wasn't enough. I actually think the Mayville game is coming at a good time, looks like the guys could use a little boost of confidence in their shooting, hopefully they can see the ball go through the hoop a few more times than usual Tuesday night and get them back on track for another road trip before the tourney. We win out with Paul Miller playing well we have a shot in SF. The craziest part of this is we've played some very bad basketball in the last 3 games and have lost them by a total of 7 points and had a shot to win them all, we don't have to improve by a lot to get to where we want to go, we just have to play the 20 minutes of basketball we do well for a full 40 minutes at a time which we have maybe only done a couple times all year.

So...paul is a bad passer. ok. What else you got? The team has much bigger fish to fry me thinks.

Again...I dont disagree. But on the pass you are referring to everyone was standing on the arc. Nobody moving. I think it goes back to what seems to be our offensive focus on threes, and that goes back to the coach.
    The biggest problem is lack of movement without the ball and has been since last year