Page 123 of 455 FirstFirst ... 2373113121122123124125133173223 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,230 of 4542

Thread: The Easton Stick Mega Thread

Default Re: Easton Stick

For starters, if you don’t think Carson>Easton>Brock from an NFL standpoint, go away. Your opinion is wrong. Brock barely made a UDFA and was in camp for a cup of coffee. Stick will be at worst a preferred UDFA but certainly could be drafted. And Carson is Carson.

From a skill set standpoint best comp I can think of is Andy Dalton. Average arm strength, good athletes although both prefer to pass than run when scrambling, tendencies to only read half the field can lead to shaky decisions. Ultimately can do everything on the field but nothing exceptional. However intelligence and leadership are what make them stand out.

VirginiaBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Stick needs to improve his read progression, situational awareness and trust his reads better to have an NFL shot. Too often he holds the ball a split second rather then trusting his read and getting the ball out quicker. He also took a really bad sack in the championship game rather then just throwing the ball out of bounds. Also needs to use his eyes to move defenders and help his receivers get open. Definitely things he can improve on but those are the types of things that separate good college QB's from NFL QB's.
    Are not these the very things that Coach H said were a priority for Stick to work on this spring? Sounded like faster release, better read progressing, situational awareness, etc. were to be points of emphasis with stick this year. Plus they wanted to get him more involve in game planning; and play selection during the game. They also want him to learn every players' position and responsibilities. One would have thought Stick knew every players' position and responsibilities by now, but maybe not.
    You wanta play football, any school will do; ... You wanta learn football, NDSU is for you!

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Stick needs to improve his read progression, situational awareness and trust his reads better to have an NFL shot. Too often he holds the ball a split second rather then trusting his read and getting the ball out quicker. He also took a really bad sack in the championship game rather then just throwing the ball out of bounds. Also needs to use his eyes to move defenders and help his receivers get open. Definitely things he can improve on but those are the types of things that separate good college QB's from NFL QB's.
    I'd be willing to bet that all college qb's need that and most NFL ones too.
    Best DI Football Team in the Tri-State Area - AGAIN

NDSUSR is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I like Stick, but he is not going to make a NFL team.

Facts is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUSR View Post
    I like Stick, but he is not going to make a NFL team.
    Are you saying your opinion is he’ll never be on an NFL roster?
    Go Bison.

Quote Originally Posted by Facts View Post
    Are you saying your opinion is he’ll never be on an NFL roster?
    Yes. That is my opinion.

Yes. That is my opinion.
    Assuming you're talking about the 53 man roster?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    Assuming you're talking about the 53 man roster?

I would love to see him make a practice squad, but I just don't see it happening.
    Carson's success is a mixed blessing for Easton. The chance of lightning striking twice with FCS QBs is very minute.
    I hope I am wrong and he rubs my face in it one day though.

I would love to see him make a practice squad, but I just don't see it happening.
    Carson's success is a mixed blessing for Easton. The chance of lightning striking twice with FCS QBs is very minute.
    I think it's a long shot he makes a 53 man roster but I won't totally rule it out yet. One more season to see if he grows his akillset properly. But I would be shocked if he doesn't get to camp and if dropped get picked up by one or two more teams who kick the tires. As long as he doesn't regress this season that is.

Easton's chances are not dependent on anything that happened to Wentz. While he might get more exposure because of NDSU, once teams start putting real money on the line, the only benefit of the doubt he gets is solely based on draft position. A second rounder is going to be given more opportunities than a UFA.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk