Page 164 of 455 FirstFirst ... 64114154162163164165166174214264 ... LastLast
Results 1,631 to 1,640 of 4542

Thread: The Easton Stick Mega Thread

Default Re: Easton Stick

So far this receiving crew isn't putting the fear of God in defenses. With the running game we have the receivers should be running wild if they were any good. For anybody that disagree's I simply say "Show Me"!!!! I'll take our QB over our WR's anyday. That brings up an interesting thought: Do you think the Bison WR coaching may be weak? This team has been pretty avg at WR over the past 7 championships. Not saying we didnt have a few good ones but nothing really special for the program.
    Last edited by KNOW IT ALL; 09-20-2018 at 07:16 PM.

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by KNOW IT ALL View Post
    So far this receiving crew isn't putting the fear of God in defenses. With the running game we have the receivers should be running wild if they were any good. For anybody that disagree's I simply say "Show Me"!!!! I'll take our QB over our WR's anyday. That brings up an interesting thought: Do you think the Bison WR coaching may be weak? This team has been pretty avg at WR over the past 7 championships. Not saying we didnt have a few good ones but nothing really special for the program.
    Windows have been small (on WRs & TEs), and QB timing has been late. The combo has not been inspiring.

There's time to get on track.

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    Windows have been small (on WRs & TEs), and QB timing has been late. The combo has not been inspiring.

There's time to get on track.
    Separation, It's on the WR and TE to come up with that.

Defenses are cheating on virtually every down to try and stop the Bison run attack, they have to, it's that good, the Bison can run the ball against most any FBS defense let along FCS. With that, It just amazes me they dont seem to get guys wide open all the time. Opposing DB's have to feel like they are on an island when playing the Bison, seven in the box and LB's cheating up at the snap..... Crazy really!

Stick is still hesitating before he uncorks it. I don't really understand what his hold up is, he is making the right read, he just doesn't trust it always. I remember one play distinctly in the UNA game where he was so late with his actual throw, I had time to say "He's hesitating" before he threw it. He telegraphs that he's thinking about it instead of just actually doing it. I can see his arm tension load up like he's about to throw, the ball might move a little bit or he might actually half-cock it. Then he pulls it down and resets and then usually throws.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

If I was designing the offense in 2018, I would be offsetting the lack of WR experience with designed throws to the TE where there's a lot of talent and experience. After two games, the TE have not been used hardly at all in the passing game. Involving the TE group would help a bunch. The TEs have to itching for some opportunity.

Against a team like UNA that was sitting on the run, I expected the QB to play fast and loose, and let it fly. Instead it was a very conservative approach, and even then there were a couple of throws that nearly went the wrong direction. Time to play fast and cut the passing game loose. Seems like a regression in 2018 so far from 2017.

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    Stick is still hesitating before he uncorks it. I don't really understand what his hold up is, he is making the right read, he just doesn't trust it always. I remember one play distinctly in the UNA game where he was so late with his actual throw, I had time to say "He's hesitating" before he threw it. He telegraphs that he's thinking about it instead of just actually doing it. I can see his arm tension load up like he's about to throw, the ball might move a little bit or he might actually half-cock it. Then he pulls it down and resets and then usually throws.
    This is very true. I remember a throw to Shep crossing the middle of the field against CP. Shep was open if Stick hit him in stride he might have scored but Stick hesitated and threw late giving the DB time to break on it and break it up.

I think once we get to the SDSU game we will start to see our offense pick it up a bit. Mess has been extremely vanilla with our play calling. The TE's and RB's should have way more targets then they do now. Heck we've only had what 26 pass plays in 2 games?

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    This is very true. I remember a throw to Shep crossing the middle of the field against CP. Shep was open if Stick hit him in stride he might have scored but Stick hesitated and threw late giving the DB time to break on it and break it up.

I think once we get to the SDSU game we will start to see our offense pick it up a bit. Mess has been extremely vanilla with our play calling. The TE's and RB's should have way more targets then they do now. Heck we've only had what 26 pass plays in 2 games?

And 3 or 4 to the fullback....
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

The 2nd leading receiver on the team right now has 2 catches for 32 yards on the season. It's not just the TEs that aren't getting utilized.

When there was a thread some weeks ago the receiving corps (and special teams) was mentioned a lot so the problem in the passing game shouldn't come as a surprise.. It is not just Stick, wide open receivers in the UNA game dropped at least two if not three. Recruiting hotshot receivers is difficult when you are not only a run-first team but as Phil said, "The Bison are a running team".
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix