Page 124 of 455 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124125126134174224 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,240 of 4542

Thread: The Easton Stick Mega Thread

Default Re: Easton Stick

Easton can help himself by having a great season year and leading the team to a title again.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Wasn't there a thread with this exact same argument earlier this season or last off-season? Is there really any new evidence either for or against Stick playing in the NFL as there was last year at this time? Someone a little less lazy than me could find that thread, copy, paste and save some time.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Stick needs to improve his read progression, situational awareness and trust his reads better to have an NFL shot. Too often he holds the ball a split second rather then trusting his read and getting the ball out quicker. He also took a really bad sack in the championship game rather then just throwing the ball out of bounds. Also needs to use his eyes to move defenders and help his receivers get open. Definitely things he can improve on but those are the types of things that separate good college QB's from NFL QB's.
    Agreed.
    Stick played great in the playoffs. Even the coach of JMU said during the post-game that he was surprised. He thought they could rattle Easton and by this win the game, like they did with SDSU's Christian in the playoffs, but Easton did not get rattled and did not make mistakes. Great job by Easton. But there were games during the regular season where Easton missed many opportunities, like throwing to his main receiver (who was double-covered), while the secondary receiver was wide open. Fortunately he got it together for the playoffs. Did he just get better, learn from mistakes? Or was his playoff run a lucky streak?

Quote Originally Posted by bisontown View Post
    Wasn't there a thread with this exact same argument earlier this season or last off-season? Is there really any new evidence either for or against Stick playing in the NFL as there was last year at this time? Someone a little less lazy than me could find that thread, copy, paste and save some time.
    I’m sure there was but it was a CK comment in the presser that started this back up. Why would he mention NFL scouts and hype him this much if he was a fringe roster player? Either you think coach is just blowing smoke or it’s because those scouts told him he has legit NFL potential.

Quote Originally Posted by bison_by_blood View Post
    I’m sure there was but it was a CK comment in the presser that started this back up. Why would he mention NFL scouts and hype him this much if he was a fringe roster player? Either you think coach is just blowing smoke or it’s because those scouts told him he has legit NFL potential.
    Have to agree. CK put an emphasis on the interest in Stick. Stick had a good year last year...looking forward to seeing him take the next step. His senior year will hopefully be pretty fun to watch.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

No the NFL scouts are all wrong and these posters are spot on...Nothing to see here.
    Best DI Football Team in the Tri-State Area - AGAIN

Quote Originally Posted by bisontown View Post
    Yeah, thanks for reminding me. I may as well say the same thing I said in the last thread: Stick has a good chance of having a 10 year NFL career as a backup, and once your in the league, who knows? He runs a pro style offense, getting better each year at reading his check downs, has good velocity on his throws and has been very accurate at times and appears to be getting better. From what I see on many NFL rosters each year at QB, he definitely has the tools to play up a level. Start listing 2nd string NFL QB's and ask yourself if he has a chance to be better??? OH YEAH, save this thread for a year from today.

The kid can make the NFL throws, can run and hasn't been missed a game because of injury.. He will play at next level.

Quote Originally Posted by scbison91 View Post
    The kid can make the NFL throws, can run and hasn't been missed a game because of injury.. He will play at next level.
    I agree with this. He is also very dedicated, hard working, and competitive.

I'd place his chances at the next level between that of Wetnz and Jensen. That means between a first year starter, second year league MVP candidate and a UDFA who made preseason training camp but missed final roster cuts.

I expect him to be closer to Jensen than Wentz, but it doesn't take much to do a little better than Jensen and make it past the final roster cut.

I hope to see him on an NFL sideline in a couple of years and I don't think that is too wide eyed a proposition considering the comparisons mentioned above. He has the physical tools which I think is an absolute must to make it to the NFL, and I think that's where Jensen fell short. Stick can make the throws and that's what opens that first door.
    Last edited by EC8CH; 03-29-2018 at 03:47 PM.