Page 138 of 455 FirstFirst ... 3888128136137138139140148188238 ... LastLast
Results 1,371 to 1,380 of 4542

Thread: The Easton Stick Mega Thread

Default Re: Easton Stick

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    If people were saying this, then they didn't watch the UNI game. Carson in the fourth quarter of that game was at a level that no QB at NDSU has touched. That game is where I knew he had a chance to do some special things.

Carson could go into a 2 minute offense and just carve up an opposing defense. That is an area where Easton really needs to improve, our two minute offense has been less than stellar since Carson left.
    Our staff is pretty conservative. Not a bad thing but how many times have we needed to push the envelope?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    Our staff is pretty conservative. Not a bad thing but how many times have we needed to push the envelope?

How many times has the end of a half been a complete WTF moment the last few years? Read and decision making will be what I will look for out of Easton this year. It is going to be fun to watch

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNation11 View Post
    The thing I don't understand with everyone saying he can't make reads is EVERYONE said the same thing about Wentz. Anybody ever bother to think that's the offense they're ASKING the QB's to run? Find one, find two. If they aren't there, get the hell out of the pocket and make something happen. NDSU's offense isn't pass-happy, so your line (while still very good) isn't going to be the absolute best at pass blocking. NDSU also doesn't have as many ponies on the outside that create separation all the time. Perhaps that will change with the incoming classes, but from years past, I'm more willing to say it's a design in the offense.
    It's not that at all. Wentz had NFL reading abilities, yes he would sometimes lock on but he had plenty of snaps that he would read the whole field in a second, eye manipulate a player or 2 then send a missile. Not seen that from Stick anywhere as much.

Locks eyes on RJ almost gets picked off. On the bottom of the screen 2 WR's have only 1 guy to defend them.

Again eyes set on RJ. Looks no where else. The bottom WR slips by, it could've been a sure TD. Instead only looks one way and throws to a well covered RJ. RB is free as well.

Against UNI. Again just looking at one WR. TE slips by, with almost a sure TD. Just never even looks.

Against JMU 3 defenders read his eyes. WR in the middle was less defended, WR on top slips by and could have caught a TD.

34-3 as a starting quarterback and instrumental in helping to win two national championships. That is all.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    If people were saying this, then they didn't watch the UNI game. Carson in the fourth quarter of that game was at a level that no QB at NDSU has touched. That game is where I knew he had a chance to do some special things.

Carson could go into a 2 minute offense and just carve up an opposing defense. That is an area where Easton really needs to improve, our two minute offense has been less than stellar since Carson left.
    Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    How many times has the end of a half been a complete WTF moment the last few years? Read and decision making will be what I will look for out of Easton this year. It is going to be fun to watch
    This is one of the few gripes I've ever had with Klieman and staff. Clock management and running the hurry up offense have been a big struggle. It's true that this is partially because they don't have a lot of opportunities at the end of half/game since they don't play a lot of close games but it's not against the rules to pick up the offensive pace just randomly in the middle of the half. It doesn't even need to be a pass happy sequence but just getting some game reps where they get into and out of the huddle quickly or don't huddle at all would make a lot of sense IMO. Everyone remembers how fun it was to watch them utterly manhandle SHSU's defense in that "same play" hurry up sequence in the 2014 semis. I'd think that strategy could really pay dividends if pulled out once every game or two given the physical style of the NDSU offense.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    it's not against the rules to pick up the offensive pace just randomly in the middle of the half. .
    Not to mention the fact that when other teams do a hurry-up offense on us randomly; they usually gain 1/2 the field it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonVet View Post
    34-3 as a starting quarterback and instrumental in helping to win two national championships. That is all.
    And? So? Are we talking about NDSU winning or Easton as a player? Remember when Brock Jensen was replaced by some Northern Colorado quarterback? Anyway we are talking about a NFL career. If a casual fan like me can pick this stuff up, so can NFL scouts.

It takes 15 minutes to see tape from Carson and Easton. As things stand right now, Brock used to better at reading the field. Easton has more physical gifts.

Most of you don't realize that NDSU is heavily masking Easton's flaws by being a much stronger team. It also helps Easton is a excellent runner. But NDSU could be much better with a QB that looks around. I didn't even watch many snaps, it's everywhere on his tape.

No doubt Easton can improve. He probably doesn't look around downfield like he should, but if we are talking about potential NFL career; he definitely can be caught and change that habit. Look how far he's come since his first start (even thought Easton has been a good player since day 1)

I feel like Easton could be a really solid backup QB under Mariota or Watson. Seems like his skill set would fit into those offenses too. Of course I would prefer him to eviscerate everybody in the fcs this year and become an nfl star but there wouldn’t be any shame in being a high caliber backup either.