Page 153 of 455 FirstFirst ... 53103143151152153154155163203253 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,530 of 4542

Thread: The Easton Stick Mega Thread

Default Re: Easton Stick

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I don't think the numbers he puts up in his senior season are going to make or break his NFL draft stock. I think it's more important about what he does in practice for his postseason all-star game (assuming he gets invited to one) and how he does at the combine (again assuming he's invited), private workouts, and pro day. Wentz, even after his comeback against JSU, was still only looked at as a 2nd day pick (maybe late 1st round) IIRC. It wasn't until Senior Bowl week that his draft stock really started to shoot up. Hopefully Stick gets those same big time invites and makes the most of it... it will make next offseason quite a bit more interesting than it would be otherwise.
    Much truth here. Stick needs to stay healthy and not have any TC 9 TO meltdown games. Everything else regarding his draft stock will be determined after he is done playing college ball.

Quote Originally Posted by KNOW IT ALL View Post
    Sticks is going to be resting the 2nd half of a lot of games this year. Rest assured the NFL is well aware of him and his talents. He will blow the doors of all the measurable's at the NFL Combine and get picked in next years draft in the first couple rounds. Based on; winning history, grasp of a pro-style offense, football IQ, Carson's success, private workouts. I see a ten year NFL career guy as a 2nd QB at the very least. There are a lot of QB's making millions in the NFL right now that I wouldnt take over Stick.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Much truth here. Stick needs to stay healthy and not have any TC 9 TO meltdown games. Everything else regarding his draft stock will be determined after he is done playing college ball.
    This needs to go on the Periodic Table and the Bisonville Dictionary.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    PST Nominee 2019
    Yep, and I recall a month before Wentz's senior season when I stated he would go in the 1st 2 rounds of the next draft and I was Laughed at, I missed on that as he was taken 2nd overall. I also recall being laughed at when Jensen was a senior and I stated that if Jensen were to get hurt mid-season he may well be replaced by a better QB waiting in the wings!!!!! PST.

His only struggle this year is getting a chance to put up numbers. When the Bison are ahead three scores at the end of quarter one every week, his opportunity for big stats is gonna suffer. He'll shine in his post season workouts as he is on a lot more NFL boards than many care to think.

Yep, and I recall a month before Wentz's senior season when I stated he would go in the 1st 2 rounds of the next draft and I was Laughed at, I missed on that as he was taken 2nd overall. I also recall being laughed at when Jensen was a senior and I stated that if Jensen were to get hurt mid-season he may well be replaced by a better QB waiting in the wings!!!!! PST.

His only struggle this year is getting a chance to put up numbers. When the Bison are ahead three scores at the end of quarter one every week, his opportunity for big stats is gonna suffer. He'll shine in his post season workouts as he is on a lot more NFL boards than many care to think.
    If you were laughed at, it couldn't have been here. First, outside of JohnnyBisonBoy, pretty much everyone was high on Carson here (personally, I had strong hopes my Broncos would be able to Carson late in the first round) before his Senior season. I don't remember who started it, but the biggest argument in regards to Carson prior to the season was whether the coaches were going to try too hard to showcase his skills, which could possibly be a determent to the team overall, in order to strengthen his draft status. Second, you didn't start posting here, at least under your current handle, until October of last year.
    Hail the BISON!!!

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I know the discussion is primarily if Stick will be getting post season awards for statistics or not. But he will be recognized by NFL scouts for what he does on the playing field that a lot of us simple football minds don't see. You know every time you hear Coach K say something like "Easton put us in a better spot there" or "Easton made the protection change at the line", etc. that is Easton doing NFL caliber things in a game that goes unnoticed by those of us that look at yardage numbers and completions. Mankato said that scouts love the intangibles, agreed. I think if gaudy numbers happen it's just icing on the cake. I'd like to see him have a solid completion % and minimal INT's. He comes from the same system as Carson Wentz and he's going to get a ton of attention just because of that. Kid also has character +. So excited for him, his season, and his future.
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 14>1 View Post
    I know the discussion is primarily if Stick will be getting post season awards for statistics or not. But he will be recognized by NFL scouts for what he does on the playing field that a lot of us simple football minds don't see. You know every time you hear Coach K say something like "Easton put us in a better spot there" or "Easton made the protection change at the line", etc. that is Easton doing NFL caliber things in a game that goes unnoticed by those of us that look at yardage numbers and completions. Mankato said that scouts love the intangibles, agreed. I think if gaudy numbers happen it's just icing on the cake. I'd like to see him have a solid completion % and minimal INT's. He comes from the same system as Carson Wentz and he's going to get a ton of attention just because of that. Kid also has character +. So excited for him, his season, and his future.
    Imagine if he is drafted as the heir apparent by a division rival of the Eagles. The future would hold two epic showdowns per year between Carson and Easton.

Quote Originally Posted by 14>1 View Post
    Coming from a college football team that run a NFL-like offense system, and knowing how to audible correct are huge skills that most fans don't understand are needed at the next level. As you alluded, this will help Easton get drafted next Springs. So far, I have him going no later than the fifth, and by season's end, he'll go by the end of the third round. Depending on how he does at the Senior Bowl practices, and NFL Combine, he could be drafted first or second round.

Dom on the Bison Media Zone yesterday said that a Dolphins scout was present during practice. He didn't say what or who he was there for, but we can take our guesses.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HerdistheWord View Post
    Imagine if he is drafted as the heir apparent by a division rival of the Eagles. The future would hold two epic showdowns per year between Carson and Easton.
    That would either be the Giants or Redskins. If it came down between the two, I hope it's the Giants due to the Redskins are poorly organized.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Optimism is one thing, but I will give you a good laugh for this part.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Boy you are on a roll
    Bisonimage2s.jpg
    Looking forward to Summit & MVFC[SIGPIC]