Page 152 of 455 FirstFirst ... 52102142150151152153154162202252 ... LastLast
Results 1,511 to 1,520 of 4542

Thread: The Easton Stick Mega Thread

BattleBorn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Easton Stick

One could argue Stick did more for his first ring than Carson did for his first Super Bowl ring, but that would be blasphemy.
    Co-founder of the Bluegrass Bison crew, Kev’s bag holder.

BisManBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    They want Jeremiah Briscoes.
    Yep. What is our defense going to give up this year on average, 12 points a game? How many games is he going to go out and throw for more than 200 yards and even 2 touchdowns? It's going to be awfully hard for him to put the numbers up and the voters are going to dismiss him and say its the team, its the systems, "anyone" could do it in his shoes. He'll just have to settle for another ring and being a high draft choice I guess.
    The young in this country do not know enough to be prudent,
    and therefore they attempt the impossible - and achieve it generation after generation - Pearl S. Buck

Quote Originally Posted by BisManBison View Post
    Yep. What is our defense going to give up this year on average, 12 points a game? How many games is he going to go out and throw for more than 200 yards and even 2 touchdowns? It's going to be awfully hard for him to put the numbers up and the voters are going to dismiss him and say its the team, its the systems, "anyone" could do it in his shoes. He'll just have to settle for another ring and being a high draft choice I guess.
    Look at Carson Wentz's numbers, he never even sniffed the Payton but nobody can argue he wasn't one of the most talented FCS quarterbacks of all time.

Our offense will never produce a Payton award winner.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sticks is going to be resting the 2nd half of a lot of games this year. Rest assured the NFL is well aware of him and his talents. He will blow the doors of all the measurable's at the NFL Combine and get picked in next years draft in the first couple rounds. Based on; winning history, grasp of a pro-style offense, football IQ, Carson's success, private workouts. I see a ten year NFL career guy as a 2nd QB at the very least. There are a lot of QB's making millions in the NFL right now that I wouldnt take over Stick.

Quote Originally Posted by KNOW IT ALL View Post
    Sticks is going to be resting the 2nd half of a lot of games this year. Rest assured the NFL is well aware of him and his talents. He will blow the doors of all the measurable's at the NFL Combine and get picked in next years draft in the first couple rounds. Based on; winning history, grasp of a pro-style offense, football IQ, Carson's success, private workouts. I see a ten year NFL career guy as a 2nd QB at the very least. There are a lot of QB's making millions in the NFL right now that I wouldnt take over Stick.
    Know It All, really?
    Looking forward to Summit & MVFC[SIGPIC]

If Stick goes over 35TDs and less than 10 ints and 3000yds he's drafted for sure. The scouts allegedly already love the intangibles, and with a season that "splashes" compared to his other seasons statistically, he could write himself a nice paycheck.

He doesn't need to do Jason Briscoe numbers, he just needs to have his personal best season. Barring an injury or some kind of on field disaster, this kid is going to the NFL
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    If Stick goes over 35TDs and less than 10 ints and 3000yds he's drafted for sure. The scouts allegedly already love the intangibles, and with a season that "splashes" compared to his other seasons statistically, he could write himself a nice paycheck.

He doesn't need to do Jason Briscoe numbers, he just needs to have his personal best season. Barring an injury or some kind of on field disaster, this kid is going to the NFL
    Right, this particular tangent involved the Payton award. Payton =/= NFL
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Right, this particular tangent involved the Payton award. Payton =/= NFL
    Totally agree. 100%
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by KNOW IT ALL View Post
    PST Nominee 2019
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post

I don't think the numbers he puts up in his senior season are going to make or break his NFL draft stock. I think it's more important about what he does in practice for his postseason all-star game (assuming he gets invited to one) and how he does at the combine (again assuming he's invited), private workouts, and pro day. Wentz, even after his comeback against JSU, was still only looked at as a 2nd day pick (maybe late 1st round) IIRC. It wasn't until Senior Bowl week that his draft stock really started to shoot up. Hopefully Stick gets those same big time invites and makes the most of it... it will make next offseason quite a bit more interesting than it would be otherwise.