Page 140 of 455 FirstFirst ... 4090130138139140141142150190240 ... LastLast
Results 1,391 to 1,400 of 4542

Thread: The Easton Stick Mega Thread

Default Re: Easton Stick

Have not read every post, but there is one thing that is a challenge for Stick to overcome that is the same as Carson is level of competition. Not so much the all FCS is garbage stuff and you only draft FBS players BS, but more that NDSU generally has players that are simply better, more talented, and better coached than their opponents. In other words, NDSU is playing with a lot of FBS talent at the FCS level. I'm convinced that really helps our QBs, but yet, it probably makes some things more challenging when you go NFL which prides itself on parity.

Quote Originally Posted by CentennialBison View Post
    Wonderful. Point being I didn't have to look at many plays. Show me how I am wrong? Instead of just random likelihood of you are wrong. And I've seen most recent year NDSU games multiple times and have noticed it. That's why I brought it up. I don't care to go and map how many times he does it. I swear it's like I am attacking the folks who post here. I am just pointing out what I see; I also vote on AGS and have watched 10+ FCS games a week for 3 years. No need to get passive aggressive.
    I was just trying to get some giggles. I guess my point was that you are making a claim, and when people are challenging you to prove it, the "I saw 10 plays" comment was your evidence/justification. I was just poking fun, not trying to be vicious or empirically mean. I apologize if it came across harsher than intended. Plus, there is almost always a need to get passive aggressive. It is the best kind of aggressive.

NDSUSR is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Joining the squabble. Stick locks on nearly every play. Its not s secret, and he needs to work on it.
    He doesnt read like Wentz did, so no comparison.
    I like Stick for CFB but he will get crushed in the NFL.
    IMO.

Easton has a style of his own. There'll never be another one 'like' him.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

I know that many on BV are incredible judges of NFL talent (including myself) but here a couple of assessments from the outside:

http://www.rotoworld.com/teams/cfb/nds/
    Easton Stick - QB - Bison
    North Dakota State HC Chris Klieman said in March that NFL scouts who've contacted him are "raving about what [senior QB] Easton Stick can do." "One of the biggest reasons is because of what we do offensively. We're not a spread team where he's looking to the sideline being told what the next play is," Klieman said. "He's calling the plays. He's running out of the huddle. He's doing all the things a next-level quarterback is doing." The 6-foot-2, 220-pound Stick isn't the physical specimen that Carson Wentz was, but he's 34-3 as a starter, has shown the ability to make NFL throws and can move fluidly in and out of the pocket. A favorite of our own Thor Nystrom, Stick is also NFLDraftScout.com's No. 1-rated FCS quarterback prospect for the 2019 draft. "Next year at this time, we're going to be talking a lot about Easton Stick," Klieman said, referring to NFL chatter. "I mean a ton about Easton Stick."

http://draftscout.com/ratings/dsprof...2019&genpos=QB
    No scouting assessment on the next one, but if I am reading it correctly Stick is rated 19 out of 129 quarterbacks. If he doesn't at least have some potential I would hate to see the other 110.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by BisonVet View Post

No scouting assessment on the next one, but if I am reading it correctly Stick is rated 19 out of 129 quarterbacks. If he doesn't at least have some potential I would hate to see the other 110.
    You do realize that supports what some Bisonvillers are saying, and you are trying to disagree with. At 19th in the country, that puts him as a great college QB, which we already know (or should) but borderline/3rd day draft pick. My personal guess is around a 5th round pick. I do think he's got the physical attributes/speed to have a great combine and go even higher.

Individual Post: I don't think Easton is quite good enough to make it to the next level
    Bisonville Interpretation: How dare you call him a bad FCS quarterback!!

Individual Post: Easton cannot read defenses as well as Carson...
    Bisonville Reaction: You also ripped on Carson too! (Ummm, no, not really)

Individual Post: Easton seems to lock in on receivers...
    Bisonville: Are you credentialled?

Good stuff, keeps me entertained on a Friday afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by yopaulie View Post
    You do realize that supports what some Bisonvillers are saying, and you are trying to disagree with. At 19th in the country, that puts him as a great college QB, which we already know (or should) but borderline/3rd day draft pick. My personal guess is around a 5th round pick. I do think he's got the physical attributes/speed to have a great combine and go even higher.

Individual Post: I don't think Easton is quite good enough to make it to the next level
    Bisonville Interpretation: How dare you call him a bad FCS quarterback!!

Individual Post: Easton cannot read defenses as well as Carson...
    Bisonville Reaction: You also ripped on Carson too! (Ummm, no, not really)

Individual Post: Easton seems to lock in on receivers...
    Bisonville: Are you credentialled?

Good stuff, keeps me entertained on a Friday afternoon.
    I fully realize what 19th means and I have never disagreed that he needs improvement to make it in the NFL. I purposefully used the word "potential." Part of what I posted earlier (#293) stated, "Yes he has flaws and if he is going to get a shot in the NFL he will need to correct them." Following Wentz has been good for him because of what he had an opportunity to learn and unfortunate for him because of the inevitable comparisons that everyone makes. We will probably not see another one like Wentz for a long time.

Edit: If you think this is entertaining go to the gun thread.
    Last edited by Vet70; 05-25-2018 at 09:59 PM.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by BisonVet View Post
    I know that many on BV are incredible judges of NFL talent (including myself) but here a couple of assessments from the outside:

http://www.rotoworld.com/teams/cfb/nds/
    Easton Stick - QB - Bison
    North Dakota State HC Chris Klieman said in March that NFL scouts who've contacted him are "raving about what [senior QB] Easton Stick can do." "One of the biggest reasons is because of what we do offensively. We're not a spread team where he's looking to the sideline being told what the next play is," Klieman said. "He's calling the plays. He's running out of the huddle. He's doing all the things a next-level quarterback is doing." The 6-foot-2, 220-pound Stick isn't the physical specimen that Carson Wentz was, but he's 34-3 as a starter, has shown the ability to make NFL throws and can move fluidly in and out of the pocket. A favorite of our own Thor Nystrom, Stick is also NFLDraftScout.com's No. 1-rated FCS quarterback prospect for the 2019 draft. "Next year at this time, we're going to be talking a lot about Easton Stick," Klieman said, referring to NFL chatter. "I mean a ton about Easton Stick."

Agreed, Stick definitely has potential and, more importantly, opportunity. That early 2019 draft ranking means Stick is already on the NFL Draft radar. Having an insane winning % as NDSU’s starter, well, just wow on that.

Look at FCS QB Kyle Lauletta in this year’s draft. Plays for Richmond, does the post-season stuff for the NFL Draft, including being the MVP of the Senior Bowl, and has enough prospect helium to rise up to the 4th round.
    It only took one team, with a particular need, and Lauletta was there to fill that need.
    The Giants so far are looking at him as a NFL back-up QB, not a franchise QB. Still a heckuva opportunity.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.nydai...outputType=amp

Easton Stick will have every post-season NFL Draft opportunity to do what Kyle Lauletta did. Will be fun to see if he does better, or does about the same, or perhaps not as well.
    I like that he has that opportunity in front of him......

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I love how you guys are arguing about whether back to back NDSU QB's can make it in the NFL. Just let that sink in for a second.

Quote Originally Posted by stevdock View Post
    I love how you guys are arguing about whether back to back TO BACK NDSU QB's can make it TO the NFL. Just let that sink in for a second.
    edited your post