Page 46 of 73 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast
Results 451 to 460 of 727

Thread: Easton Stick

  1. #451
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Fargo
    Posts
    1,730

    Default Re: Easton Stick

    Quote Originally Posted by Sioux27 View Post
    The Bison will crush everybody this year. Other than JMU no other team has a realistic shot.
    JMU lost a lot of talent this year. I don't think they are going to be this powerhouse like people think they are.

  2. #452
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    4,541

    Default Re: Easton Stick

    Quote Originally Posted by MrSnuffleupagus View Post
    JMU lost a lot of talent this year. I don't think they are going to be this powerhouse like people think they are.
    And the Bison lose a lot next year. Are you saying NDSU won’t be a powerhouse next year? JMU reloaded with transfers, I suspect they will be much better than you think.

  3. #453
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    4,541

    Default Re: Easton Stick

    Quote Originally Posted by Sioux27 View Post
    The Bison will crush everybody this year. Other than JMU no other team has a realistic shot.
    Even the greatest team in IAA/FCS history that went undefeated in 2013 struggled to beat UNI and Kansas State. So “only” 13 of 15 teams were technically crushed.

  4. #454
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    880
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Easton Stick

    Quote Originally Posted by BisonNeil View Post
    And the Bison lose a lot next year. Are you saying NDSU won’t be a powerhouse next year? JMU reloaded with transfers, I suspect they will be much better than you think.
    I think 2019 we see a pretty big drop off and a 8-3 type season.

    2014 we brought back a ton of experience. That team was still loaded.

  5. #455
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    6,737
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Easton Stick

    Quote Originally Posted by 2011BisonAlumni View Post
    I think 2019 we see a pretty big drop off and a 8-3 type season.

    2014 we brought back a ton of experience. That team was still loaded.
    Recent recruiting classes have a ton of potential though. 2019 will be an interesting year to see how that plays out, especially at QB.

  6. #456
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    469

    Default Re: Easton Stick

    Wonder if the redshirt rule will allow us to have more experience coming back next year along with a large 2019 recruiting class of true freshmen given the big senior class this year.

  7. #457
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    880
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Easton Stick

    Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Recent recruiting classes have a ton of potential though. 2019 will be an interesting year to see how that plays out, especially at QB.
    Yep NDSU’s success has largely been predicated off QB play.....but I guess that is how football goes.

  8. #458
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    3,201

    Default Re: Easton Stick

    Quote Originally Posted by 2011BisonAlumni View Post
    I think 2019 we see a pretty big drop off and a 8-3 type season.

    2014 we brought back a ton of experience. That team was still loaded.
    The 2019 senior class is big also. 19 juniors on the roster this year including some big contributors and multi-year starters: Z Johnson, Ellefson, Robbins, Brooks, Karcz, Darnell, D Tuszka, Mercadel, J Brown, D Davis, Hendricks, and Bridges all on the two deep. I'm sure some others will emerge this year but I think 2019 will be pretty similar to 2014 in that there's plenty of key losses but a big senior class to still hold it together.

  9. #459
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Fargo
    Posts
    1,730

    Default Re: Easton Stick

    Quote Originally Posted by BisonNeil View Post
    And the Bison lose a lot next year. Are you saying NDSU won’t be a powerhouse next year? JMU reloaded with transfers, I suspect they will be much better than you think.
    It's the same talk year after year with transfers. Sure, you have some great players among them, but they don't bring a lot to the table other than a temporary 'fix' for the most part. ISUr is a perfect example. Remember how great they were a few years ago and how they were the team to watch out for/beat the Bison for the next few years. They have transfers when Potrich left; what happened there?

    I am not saying JMU is a scrub school by any means. But they are not some dynasty in the making; pretty clear.

  10. #460
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    3,201

    Default Re: Easton Stick

    Quote Originally Posted by MrSnuffleupagus View Post
    It's the same talk year after year with transfers. Sure, you have some great players among them, but they don't bring a lot to the table other than a temporary 'fix' for the most part. ISUr is a perfect example. Remember how great they were a few years ago and how they were the team to watch out for/beat the Bison for the next few years. They have transfers when Potrich left; what happened there?

    I am not saying JMU is a scrub school by any means. But they are not some dynasty in the making; pretty clear.
    You may be right but it's definitely not clear from my point of view. Since Mike Houston got there they're 28-2 (NDSU is 26-3 in that time) with 1 FCS loss (NDSU has 3 over the same span). They were one game away from pretty clearly establishing themselves as the new gold standard of FCS programs back last January. Obviously we all know how that turned out but I wouldn't expect them to fall off much... they still seem like the #1 contender to me.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •