Page 115 of 455 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116117125165215 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 4542

Thread: The Easton Stick Mega Thread

Default Re: Easton Stick

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    I think what makes CW stand out is his arm and his ability to process information extremely fast.

I think ES has all the tools to be a pro qb. If he can put them all together consistently .

I don't think BJ had all of the tools needed to be an NFL QB.....arm strength!
    Easton will get plenty of good looks from NFL scouts this coming season. Add in the fact he plays in a NFL-based offense, his stock will rise. Until more NFL teams are willing to accept playing RPO or spread offenses, talented college QBs who can play under center are going to be rare commodity.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Easton will get plenty of good looks from NFL scouts this coming season. Add in the fact he plays in a NFL-based offense, his stock will rise. Until more NFL teams are willing to accept playing RPO or spread offenses, talented college QBs who can play under center are going to be rare commodity.
    Yeah I think that's a huge huge advantage for SU.

I really do hope ES gets looks and drafted I gotta think that would be magor for ndsu

I do agree that the ES is a better pro prospect, his biggest issues are correctable while like you said Brock's arm was what it was. That said it is still up to Easton to fix them and I guess up to him and the coaches to correct the two minute offense issues.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Carson has the prototypical frame and the prototypical arm to play NFL football, on top of that he has the mind and work ethic to match the physical gifts he has been blessed with. I just don't think it is fair to Easton to make the comp to him, like I said he is a great college QB but at the next level it is a very different game.

Stick also doesn't have remotely the command of the offense that Wentz had. Wentz could get the team in a two minute drill and drive down the field with his arm and make it look easy.
    It isn't fair to physically compare a lot of QBs to Wentz. The number of QBs at any level who can flick the ball 60 yards with his wrist is pretty limited. For Stick's sake, comparison's to Wentz won't make it to his draft scouting report. Wentz is the ideal size and has the ideal arm GMs and coaches want in the NFL, but as far as what is the average, with the average being 6-3, 225, it isn't like Stick is all that far off and he is still growing. While you might want to discount that video, what is key about it is how throwing the ball is easier for ES. Last year, he was not making those throws without putting more of his lower body into it. That video shows a couple of darts to the sideline while his feet are still moving. That will get even better as he gets stronger.

CW is going to prove to be once in a generational player even at the pro level. The combination of size, strength, work ethic, and football intelligence is crazy. He shines at the NFL level where receivers should all be able to catch the ball and it is difficult for defenses to double team anyone. He adjusted well to zone coverage from the beginning of his junior year to graduating. He learned to adjust when d-backs fronted receivers. I am willing to bet his numbers were off the charts when it was him, a receiver, and single man coverage at any level he has played at. He knows where to put the ball and he can get it there. Some guys are just built for the pro game and he is one of them. One of his biggest knocks coming out of NDSU was his mechanics. He worked very hard on them when football became his career.

I don't know how ES is going to shake out. I don't think it takes a genius to figure out his ceiling is probably not the same as CW's. I think he will get an honest shot at the next level and it won't surprise me if he makes a roster. A whole year of development away from the draft, a lot of things can happen. As he gets stronger and improves technique, the ball will become easier to throw. This past season, he had a new OC. This was a coach who had been coaching Camaros and Mustangs before. The V6 kind. They look good, but if you ever really need to put the pedal down, there is a limit. Now he has the Challenger with the Hellcat engine. 700+ HP and 700+ lb.-ft. of torque. At what point do you quit being scared you won't see the driveshaft in your rearview mirror? I think everyone is pretty much past the feeling out stage and next season will see the pedal get dropped to the floor a little more often.

Stick is going to get some attention from the NFL. He will be in a camp. How he gets there is really the only question. I look forward to an all sorts of record breaking season and attention thrown the Bison way.

Eagles trade Foles at some point this year and pick up Stick as a UDFA after the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    I'd argue that by any objective measure Easton is already playing as well as Carson, Walker or Brock ever did.
    ahhh pull up the @ SDSU game and you'd change that tune unfortunately
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

If Stick has another great year, I think he has a chance of being a pretty high draft pick. I think 2nd or 3rd round isn't out of the question if he really continues to grow. Not sure how he is behind the scenes, but that is part of what set the Wentz hype train. Big if, though. We'll see how it plays out. Remember Tim Tebow was a 1st rounder, it only takes one team to fall in love with you.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    If Stick has another great year, I think he has a chance of being a pretty high draft pick. I think 2nd or 3rd round isn't out of the question if he really continues to grow. Not sure how he is behind the scenes, but that is part of what set the Wentz hype train. Big if, though. We'll see how it plays out. Remember Tim Tebow was a 1st rounder, it only takes one team to fall in love with you.
    How do you think he compares to Romo/Garopolo/Flacco? Like you said, if Easton keeps improving I think he has a good shot.

i think if ES goes in the top 3 Su is guaranteed to lose some coaches.

first wrold problems

Quote Originally Posted by BadlandsBison View Post
    How do you think he compares to Romo/Garopolo/Flacco? Like you said, if Easton keeps improving I think he has a good shot.
    He's not as much a natural thrower as those at least Garopolo and Flacco. Romo has a weird release, not that Stick does, but I think throwing isn't as natural. Obviously, he doesn't have the big arm that Flacco has either. He's a MUCH better athlete than all 3, which is kind of his x-factor I think. He's a proven winner in a pro-style system, which is a plus. I think the success of Wentz and Garopolo also play to his favor as it makes the FCS pill much easier to swallow for a team. Depending on how next season plays out, he could be that guy that a team likes to sit behind a veteran for a few years...ie Rivers, Brees, Alex Smith. Low pressure situation, not a franchise savior kind of draft pick, but someone they like enough to want to see him with NFL coaching. I have high hopes for him this coming year, I think he is going to take the next step. Don't underestimate the issues we've had at WR either, could be a game changer if we get some real skilled guys on field finally.

The one knock I've always had on Stick is that he thinks too much in the pocket - he's smart, but he still isn't playing as fast as he can. I can see him second guess himself on his reads a LOT, which has caused bad interceptions and missed opportunities. He needs to trust his instincts and just let it rip, I think his play would be significantly elevated. Hopefully the 5th year in the system will give him the confidence to play fast. Maybe finally getting his ring will calm him down too...can you imagine the pressure...and then being the guy to lead the team that broke the streak? Has to be a monkey off of his back.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.