Page 139 of 455 FirstFirst ... 3989129137138139140141149189239 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,390 of 4542

Thread: The Easton Stick Mega Thread

Default Re: Easton Stick

Quote Originally Posted by CentennialBison View Post
    And? So? Are we talking about NDSU winning or Easton as a player? Remember when Brock Jensen was replaced by some Northern Colorado quarterback? Anyway we are talking about a NFL career. If a casual fan like me can pick this stuff up, so can NFL scouts.

It takes 15 minutes to see tape from Carson and Easton. As things stand right now, Brock used to better at reading the field. Easton has more physical gifts.

Most of you don't realize that NDSU is heavily masking Easton's flaws by being a much stronger team. It also helps Easton is a excellent runner. But NDSU could be much better with a QB that looks around. I didn't even watch many snaps, it's everywhere on his tape.
    The "And" and "So" is that in spite of his flaws he is a proven winner and has got the job done. And that is talking about Stick as a player. Yes he has flaws and if he is going to get a shot in the NFL he will need to correct them
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

And? So? Are we talking about NDSU winning or Easton as a player? Remember when Brock Jensen was replaced by some Northern Colorado quarterback? Anyway we are talking about a NFL career. If a casual fan like me can pick this stuff up, so can NFL scouts.

It takes 15 minutes to see tape from Carson and Easton. As things stand right now, Brock used to better at reading the field. Easton has more physical gifts.

Most of you don't realize that NDSU is heavily masking Easton's flaws by being a much stronger team. It also helps Easton is a excellent runner. But NDSU could be much better with a QB that looks around. I didn't even watch many snaps, it's everywhere on his tape.
    This is your opinion but that doesn't make it so. Why are the pro's high on him then? Because they know if they provide him with great receivers it makes all the difference in the world.
    Best DI Football Team in the Tri-State Area - AGAIN

Locks eyes on RJ almost gets picked off. On the bottom of the screen 2 WR's have only 1 guy to defend them.

Again eyes set on RJ. Looks no where else. The bottom WR slips by, it could've been a sure TD. Instead only looks one way and throws to a well covered RJ. RB is free as well.

Against UNI. Again just looking at one WR. TE slips by, with almost a sure TD. Just never even looks.

Against JMU 3 defenders read his eyes. WR in the middle was less defended, WR on top slips by and could have caught a TD.

Are these examples the norm or the exception in regards to Easton? There are plenty of examples of Easton to counter your argument. Just look at the semifinal game against SHSU last year where he was throwing next-level throws all game.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Are these examples the norm or the exception in regards to Easton? There are plenty of examples of Easton to counter your argument. Just look at the semifinal game against SHSU last year where he was throwing next-level throws all game.
    The TD to Shep in Natty game was a 3 WR/safety read. Pretty sure he got that right, along with a nearly perfect throw ... and there are more examples of that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    The TD to Shep in Natty game was a 3 WR/safety read. Pretty sure he got that right, along with a nearly perfect throw ... and there are more examples of that.

That pass was also amazing in that JMU actually allowed one of our receivers open. They're coverage on our receivers was pretty much stink on crap all day long.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    I looked at 10ish snaps where he throws and came up with 4 examples; 2 are one after the other. Randomly skipping NDSU games on Youtube. Sometimes he will do half field reads. If I had the patience to do GIFs these would look worst because his head just gets stuck looking at the receiver. Maybe I got "lucky" finding these. But in my looking at snaps this was a common theme.

Also a high level throw (good velocity, touch etc) is not what I am talking about. I am talking about the ability to go through a progression. I have seen a multitude of these in illustrations and videos every year from the NFL talking heads and PFF, so I got okay at understanding what those folks look for. Like I said I am a casual fan, so maybe I'm wrong. Then I went and watched Wentz going through a full progression. I can do a couple from Eagles or NDSU which shows how Carson was different if people want.

I looked at 10ish snaps where he throws and came up with 4 examples; 2 are one after the other. Randomly skipping NDSU games on Youtube. Sometimes he will do half field reads. If I had the patience to do GIFs these would look worst because his head just gets stuck looking at the receiver. Maybe I got "lucky" finding these. But in my looking at snaps this was a common theme.

Also a high level throw (good velocity, touch etc) is not what I am talking about. I am talking about the ability to go through a progression. I have seen a multitude of these in illustrations and videos every year from the NFL talking heads and PFF, so I got okay at understanding what those folks look for. Like I said I am a casual fan, so maybe I'm wrong. Then I went and watched Wentz going through a full progression. I can do a couple from Eagles or NDSU which shows how Carson was different if people want.
    I am going to go with the likelihood that you are wrong. But I do appreciate the 10ish snaps you looked at. Anyone who deals with statistics would tell you that 10 is probably too many to look at though. Next time just look at 3, possibly 4, snaps and make a generalized judgment based off of those plays. That is likely what the NFL scouts do as well.

Quote Originally Posted by TinyBisonFan View Post
    I am going to go with the likelihood that you are wrong. But I do appreciate the 10ish snaps you looked at. Anyone who deals with statistics would tell you that 10 is probably too many to look at though. Next time just look at 3, possibly 4, snaps and make a generalized judgment based off of those plays. That is likely what the NFL scouts do as well.
    Lol! Not to mention that many of our pass plays aren’t designed for progressive reads. To technical to layout when on phone.

Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by TinyBisonFan View Post
    Wonderful. Point being I didn't have to look at many plays. Show me how I am wrong? Instead of just random likelihood of you are wrong. And I've seen most recent year NDSU games multiple times and have noticed it. That's why I brought it up. I don't care to go and map how many times he does it. I swear it's like I am attacking the folks who post here. I am just pointing out what I see; I also vote on AGS and have watched 10+ FCS games a week for 3 years. No need to get passive aggressive.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Lol! Not to mention that many of our pass plays aren’t designed for progressive reads. To technical to layout when on phone.

It was fine when Carson was at NDSU? I saw him going through a progression. So did Brock Jensen and Steve Walker (although they weren't anywhere as good as Carson).

Wonderful. Point being I didn't have to look at many plays. Show me how I am wrong? Instead of just random likelihood of you are wrong. And I've seen most recent year NDSU games multiple times and have noticed it. That's why I brought it up. I don't care to go and map how many times he does it. I swear it's like I am attacking the folks who post here. I am just pointing out what I see; I also vote on AGS and have watched 10+ FCS games a week for 3 years. No need to get passive aggressive.

It was fine when Carson was at NDSU? I saw him going through a progression. So did Brock Jensen and Steve Walker (although they weren't anywhere as good as Carson).
    Did you? Because a knock on Carson was he didn't go through his progressions. Granted, a lot of his presnap reads were correct so he ended up locking on and essentially waiting.

With that said, I'll bite.

Locks eyes on RJ almost gets picked off. On the bottom of the screen 2 WR's have only 1 guy to defend them.

The read for Stick is correct on the first play pictured, especially if that is his first or hot read. This is my amateur take on it, but if you notice the coverage of the corner, it appears they are running cover 3(or three deep, whatever). His keys would be to see if that corner bails out into cover 3(it appears both corners are bailing out) and to see where the OLB is covering. While Stick should have looked over towards the middle of the field to prevent the above situation, he made the correct read presnap. It appears the OLB doesn't jump right out to cover the flat either. The corner makes a heads up play and drives on the route seeing Sticks head turned there. There are possibilities of different theories here, but there is a good chance the DB read the play, because Stick looking that side does not telegraph where the WR is going to end up. Even if Stick is looking his way, it could be a double move OR it could be a straight go route. In Cover 3/3 deep, he IS the over the top help(in theory).

Edit: Fairly certain this is Cover 4, I lost one of the safeties that goes really high off the screen. Regardless, it's still zone.

Again eyes set on RJ. Looks no where else. The bottom WR slips by, it could've been a sure TD. Instead only looks one way and throws to a well covered RJ. RB is free as well.

Second play: If you see the alignment prior to the snap, it appears they are running cover 1...or single high safety with man elsewhere. I obviously don't have the video in front of me, but there was likely motion to determine man or zone. From there, I'm guessing there was play action as their safety's first steps were towards the line of scrimmage. I can't say for sure Stick saw this from your images, but there is a good chance he might have seen it out of the corner of his eye. At this point, he gives his WR a chance to win 1 on 1. I would definitely not say this is a bad read. Is there a better one? Pretty common for that to happen, but if you think you have a good shot on your 1st read, that's why it's your first read. Plus, this was the SDSU game, he was clearly pressing the entire game.

Against UNI. Again just looking at one WR. TE slips by, with almost a sure TD. Just never even looks.

Third play: This has the possibility to be man coverage, with the safety covering up in the inside receiver. I can't see the outside receiver or what route they run from the pictures provided. Just for sake of explanation, it appears as tho the inside receiver has an outside breaking route. Assuming the outside receiver clears the area, this, again, is the one on one opportunity that you want your WRs to be able to exploit, especially if the defenders immediate response after the snap is to take a step or two backwards. You should like your chances on hitting an outside breaking route against a safety 8 yards off the ball. Think game winner against UNI in 2015 regular season. Probably same or similar play.

Against JMU 3 defenders read his eyes. WR in the middle was less defended, WR on top slips by and could have caught a TD.

Fourth play: This appears to be a 3 high or cover 3 look, or maybe cover 4, I can't tell what the middle safety is doing exactly, as he is already breaking to cover inside. The inside corner turns into a rusher and comes at the RT. If you notice the top WR clears out and drags the outside corner with him over the top, allowing the underneath players some room to work against the defense. There is a good chance there might have been a better read on the play, especially if he pumps. The read WAS open, however, so it's not necessarily a bad play. You said the WR on top slips by, yet on your second pic, he is clearly covered over the top by the defender. It's not until Stick has thrown the ball does that defender actively peel off the top WR.

In short, while Stick is far from perfect, saying he made bad reads or locked on to covered receivers is a little disingenuous. He can certainly learn more of the nuances of the position going forward, like looking off a safety, or making the presnap read and not going back to your target until right before you let it rip. This is sort of what I saw with Wentz in college as well - he was so sure his read would be open that he'd "lock on" to it.

Just my humble opinion based on the above basic images. I'm probably wrong on some of the coverages based on the still images of the TV copy.
    Last edited by EndZoneQB; 05-24-2018 at 08:58 PM.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.