Page 149 of 455 FirstFirst ... 4999139147148149150151159199249 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,490 of 4542

Thread: The Easton Stick Mega Thread

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Easton Stick

Quote Originally Posted by MrSnuffleupagus View Post
    That's a really unfair assumption to make. I think Stick's performance and success is that of his own. Really shouldn't take away any of his accomplishments and accredit them to someone else.
    Not an assumption. Stick credited Carson himself. We are talking about Stick's performance in 2015. What he is today is his own.

https://youtu.be/LUSnzJ4nwmQ?t=5m44s

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    Not an assumption. Stick credited Carson himself. We are talking about Stick's performance in 2015. What he is today is his own.

https://youtu.be/LUSnzJ4nwmQ?t=5m44s
    To me...that is another example of leadership...passing credit on. Stick is the embodiment of Bison football.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

What a conundrum. Jensen, Wentz, Stick, three quality quarterbacks in a row. in 2019 hopefully, the string of great quarterbacks continues and we will be comparing the next one favorably with these three.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Twincitybizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by wisco4 View Post
    Interesting observation. I've only been a Bison nut since Klieman's first season. Is his coaching style/demeanor the polar opposite of what Bohl's was? I get the impression that Bohl was not very well liked by his players. What do you lifers think?
    I wouldn't say that is the case either. Bohl is a classic CEO type manager while, IMO Klieman is more of a Pete Carrol players coach. I think that made the staff more on point and a more disciplined team under Bohl but a more passionate team with better talent under Klieman. Just different coaches. Also Klieman can't employ a clone of himself and he's a hell of a defensive coach. I think in the playoffs he takes more ownus of the D gameplan and that reflects on the dominance big time.

https://twitter.com/herosportsherd/s...32635967537157

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by wisco4 View Post
    Interesting observation. I've only been a Bison nut since Klieman's first season. Is his coaching style/demeanor the polar opposite of what Bohl's was? I get the impression that Bohl was not very well liked by his players. What do you lifers think?
    Different but equally as effective. Klieman seems to preach family more than Bohl and he seems to recruit good character first more than Bohl, who had way more off the field issues and more coaching and player attrition. People remember Bohl in mostly positive ways because he finished his career here with 3 straight National Championships, but things weren't always rosy. We had some pretty average years in 2008, 2009, and early 2010. But Klieman has better resources than Bohl too. I think Klieman does a lot of the same things Bohl did as far as style of football goes but totally different personalities.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Different but equally as effective. Klieman seems to preach family more than Bohl and he seems to recruit good character first more than Bohl, who had way more off the field issues and more coaching and player attrition. People remember Bohl in mostly positive ways because he finished his career here with 3 straight National Championships, but things weren't always rosy. We had some pretty average years in 2008, 2009, and early 2010. But Klieman has better resources than Bohl too. I think Klieman does a lot of the same things Bohl did as far as style of football goes but totally different personalities.
    I think Bohl and Klieman were each the right coach at the right time.

Quote Originally Posted by Twincitybizon View Post
    I wouldn't say that is the case either. Bohl is a classic CEO type manager while, IMO Klieman is more of a Pete Carrol players coach. I think that made the staff more on point and a more disciplined team under Bohl but a more passionate team with better talent under Klieman. Just different coaches. Also Klieman can't employ a clone of himself and he's a hell of a defensive coach. I think in the playoffs he takes more ownus of the D gameplan and that reflects on the dominance big time.
    That pretty well sums it up. I’ll just add that Bohl is a fantastic special teams coach. I think both our O and D game planning has gotten better under Klieman but most would agree ST has regressed some.

Quote Originally Posted by bison_by_blood View Post
    That pretty well sums it up. I’ll just add that Bohl is a fantastic special teams coach. I think both our O and D game planning has gotten better under Klieman but most would agree ST has regressed some.
    I would generally agree. Although Bohl dropped full ride scholarships on kickers and punters. Seems like Klieman goes the walk on route but I guess our last punter was a juco

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    I would generally agree. Although Bohl dropped full ride scholarships on kickers and punters. Seems like Klieman goes the walk on route but I guess our last punter was a juco
    Transfer from SMU.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix