Page 148 of 455 FirstFirst ... 4898138146147148149150158198248 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,480 of 4542

Thread: The Easton Stick Mega Thread

Default Re: Easton Stick

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    Stick has had a lot of trouble with clock management. And he's not nearly as vocal as Carson. So I'd peg Carson as the better leader. Hell, he's one of the very best leaders in the NFL. Not that Stick is bad. I just think Carson's considerably better.
    As far a college career, I'd put Easton over Carson for leadership. The team played better as a team under Stick. We were sloppy under Carson to start the season...the team did not play up to their ability until Carson got hurt. Stick has shown leadership abilities after committing to the Bison...keeping other recruits for the Bison when Bohl left.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    The bottom line is I think you right. The only problems that I have are: 1. I have a hard time separating out how much of the clock management miscues are Stick"s fault v. the coaches and 2. in all fairness I think we have to discount anything Carson has done in the NFL.

Winners: Both.
    Carson Wentz: A great leader.
    Easton Stick: Team captain as a sophomore.

They might have different styles (or maybe they don't), but one thing is clear:

Winners: NDSU fans.

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    As far a college career, I'd put Easton over Carson for leadership. The team played better as a team under Stick. We were sloppy under Carson to start the season...the team did not play up to their ability until Carson got hurt. Stick has shown leadership abilities after committing to the Bison...keeping other recruits for the Bison when Bohl left.
    This. There was an over-reliance on Carson's abilities. You could tell that when he got hurt and they "simplified" the offense. There is no question that Carson is probably our greatest "product" but Easton has the same thing Brock had.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It was a combo of a very young Easton Sticks leadership and Polasek being forced to run the football more because he suddenly had a freshman QB with no experience. As it turns out, we were better at running the ball than passing, even with Carson

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

True, but Stick's performance had a lot to do with Carson mentoring him on the sidelines and in the film room and as mentioned things were simplified quite a bit for him which by itself is going to reduce mistakes.

Honestly I think the team has gotten a bit sloppier each year since Bohl left regardless of QB. Sheer talent has overcome it.

thebigund is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Chalk that up to human nature of over relying on a stud vs picking up the slack and then some for a fr. I wouldn’t put any of that on leadership.

Quote Originally Posted by thebigund View Post
    Chalk that up to human nature of over relying on a stud vs picking up the slack and then some for a fr. I wouldn’t put any of that on leadership.
    I understand why you feel that way. I disagree due to seeing how he has reacted from the moment he committed to the Bison. The kid is a born leader.

Let me use another example. Wentz is the ultimate competitor...even to the detriment of his team. He played injured on a few occasions...because he HAD to compete...even if he wasn't the best option...specifically the USD game when he broke his wrist...and also Montana. I don't think Wentz would ever admit he shouldn't play. Stick seems to put the team first. I don't think there is much of a difference...and I am not knocking Wentz...just saying from a purely leadership angle I give Stick the nod...just as I'd give Jensen the nod over both of them.

I will also agree with others that everything was sloppy when Wentz started his senior season...the coaches...everybody relied on Wentz. Everybody did their job better after he went down. Maybe it had nothing to do with Stick...he sure didn't do it on his own. But his actions have led me to believe he has "it" and he did a better job as a leader.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

True, but Stick's performance had a lot to do with Carson mentoring him on the sidelines and in the film room and as mentioned things were simplified quite a bit for him which by itself is going to reduce mistakes.
    That's a really unfair assumption to make. I think Stick's performance and success is that of his own. Really shouldn't take away any of his accomplishments and accredit them to someone else.

Honestly I think the team has gotten a bit sloppier each year since Bohl left regardless of QB. Sheer talent has overcome it.
    Interesting observation. I've only been a Bison nut since Klieman's first season. Is his coaching style/demeanor the polar opposite of what Bohl's was? I get the impression that Bohl was not very well liked by his players. What do you lifers think?

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by wisco4 View Post
    Interesting observation. I've only been a Bison nut since Klieman's first season. Is his coaching style/demeanor the polar opposite of what Bohl's was? I get the impression that Bohl was not very well liked by his players. What do you lifers think?
    I would disagree with this.