Page 174 of 455 FirstFirst ... 74124164172173174175176184224274 ... LastLast
Results 1,731 to 1,740 of 4542

Thread: The Easton Stick Mega Thread

BisonTru is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Easton Stick

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    I think I know what you mean with “not seeing it” with Stick, and I think a lot of Bison fans can relate to wondering how it can be possible to have 2 NFL caliber quaterbacks in a row. I don’t think anyone here is saying he is, or will be, as good as Wentz, but, as others have noted, he has the tools and he has it between the ears. I think there’s some “x-factor” or “it” type things going on that are harder to quantify, too. But the bottom line is, he makes next level plays with his arms and legs, game in, game out... The scouts are seeing it, and I think he will get his shot on an NFL team at some point in the near future.
    His legs will be irrelevant at the next level. Teams rarely run their QB and the exception is Cam Newton and Easton isn't big enough to take the abuse Cam does.

Also be cautious when you hear "scouts" are seeing something. The real scouts don't share their opinions with anyone outside the teams or service they are paid by. There's a bunch of folks with keyboards out there that call themselves "scouts."
    Quote Originally Posted by GOD
    Hail the Bison!

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTru View Post
    I was pretty high on Carson early on (people can look at my posts from then if you want), but I don't see it with Easton. I was listening to 1660 and they were talking about Stick being a legit top 100 pick in the draft. I think Bison fans are going to be disappointed come draft season. It takes a pretty special quarterback to get into the top 100.

At this point, I'm just hoping for a Senior bowl invite (a reasonable expectation, but I don't think a given). He will probably get a Shrine or NFLPA bowl invite if the Senior bowl doesn't offer. Hopefully he can run with one of those.

There's been quite a few FCS quarterbacks that a lot of fans really liked and thought had NFL chances that barely got a sniff. Hell, I remember Vernon Adams had a whole slew of twitter scouts that thought he was better than Wentz and I don't even think he made a training camp (iirc).

Two final points, first, I do think Easton is a great college quarterback regardless of how his NFL hopes turn out. Second, it only takes one GM to make a stab and draft you. I don't think anyone had Tebow as high as the Broncos or Manziel as high as the Browns and nobody including the Patriots had Tom Brady high at all.
    You and this entire message board was high on carson when he was backing up jensen. But were you second overall pick high?

I can say pretty confidently that this QB class doesnt have a goff or wentz in it. Easton has every opportunity like the guy from Oregon or Stidham from Auburn to make a name for himself.

One thing i think most easton homers and "naysayers " can agree on is that easton isnt exactly playing with the deepest or most talented receiving group weve seen at ndsu.

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    One thing i think most easton homers and "naysayers " can agree on is that easton isnt exactly playing with the deepest or most talented receiving group weve seen at ndsu.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

You and this entire message board was high on carson when he was backing up jensen. But were you second overall pick high?
    Well, not the entire board.

"To say he could have started for most of FBS just sounds stupid."
    "Wentz will lose his starting spot as soon as Easton Stick burns his redshirt. Now THAT kid can play."
    "he would be about the 4th best QB in the BigSky...and that's if he even lives up to your hype....lets maybe let him start a season first fellas!" - a Griz fan

The Wentz thread makes for some good reading.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Well, not the entire board.

"To say he could have started for most of FBS just sounds stupid."
    "Wentz will lose his starting spot as soon as Easton Stick burns his redshirt. Now THAT kid can play."
    "he would be about the 4th best QB in the BigSky...and that's if he even lives up to your hype....lets maybe let him start a season first fellas!" - a Griz fan

The Wentz thread makes for some good reading.
    Griz fans and trolls shouldn't count.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Bolded for truth. Darius is the man right now. I also think we are seeing the emergence of TE being used as a serious weapon for NDSU. CAS would be proud.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Bolded for truth. Darius is the man right now. I also think we are seeing the emergence of TE being used as a serious weapon for NDSU. CAS would be proud.
    Darius is the only man right now. He's a slot receiver that we are working TO DEATH. Dallas got loose a couple times last week and Watson is the real deal.

These kids need to learn route running. If there was one thing RJ could do, it was run a tight route and give himself a few inches to catch it.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Twincitybizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Darius is the only man right now. He's a slot receiver that we are working TO DEATH. Dallas got loose a couple times last week and Watson is the real deal.

These kids need to learn route running. If there was one thing RJ could do, it was run a tight route and give himself a few inches to catch it.
    Here here! My motto is "All you need is a few inches"

BisonTru is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I can say pretty confidently that this QB class doesnt have a goff or wentz in it. Easton has every opportunity like the guy from Oregon or Stidham from Auburn to make a name for himself.

I own a Browns Wentz jersey because I didn't think there was anyway they were going to pass on Wentz at 2.

FWIW, I bought that about 5 months before the draft. Prior to his senior season I bet a buddy of mine (gopher fan, but a guy I like to talk NFL draft stuff with) that he would go in the top 2 rounds. At this point in Wentz's draft process I was getting pretty confident he was a first round pick.

I haven't looked at this QB class as hard as I have in the past (life's just been busy), but coming into the season it seemed like a down class.
    Quote Originally Posted by GOD
    Hail the Bison!

After Carson's final season I thought he was a 2nd round pick, Andy Dalton kind of area in the draft then the hype train got rolling and he crushed basically every opportunity he got except for Cleveland's water bottle wet ball simulation which turned out to be a blessing in disguise. The main difference between Carson and Stick is I've seen Carson win games we probably shouldn't win with his arm talent and decision-making. Those things translate at the next level. Stick uses his legs in critical situations, which doesn't translate nearly as well.

Stick has a lot more he needs to improve on, he could go high on the draft or he may not get drafted at all. I really have no clue at this point, I will say that anyone calling him an average FCS QB is a clown. He is a high level FBS talent....Great arm and athleticism, makes so many things happen that win games.....we are very lucky to have him.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.