Page 177 of 455 FirstFirst ... 77127167175176177178179187227277 ... LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,770 of 4542

Thread: The Easton Stick Mega Thread

Default Re: Easton Stick

I’m forgetting that one. Gotta re-watch the game.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    I don't know. To my eye, Easton is clearly the better athlete and clearly has a better arm than Brock ever had. Not a knock on Brock but just saying something about Easton Stick. Brock was definitely cool under pressure, particularly by his last season but Easton has also occasionally put the team on his shoulders and won games. Remember, Brock had better receivers for his career.

I don't really have any doubt that he will be drafted in the mid to early rounds.
    He will not be drafted. There are so many better passers in the FBS and only a hand ful get an NFL roster... Stick is a nice college Qb that can run but the NFL is all based on passing accuracy. WE all love him but time to realistic.

Stick will be invited to the senior bowl and NFL combine. His performance there will determine his draft stock.

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Easton made several impressive passes over the middle last week, and others were real head-scratchers. He certainly looks better than last year, although with three full years under his belt I had higher expectations for him. He doesn't seem to be able to recognize quickly enough when a receiver will come open, and when he does too often he either hesitates or doesn't trust his instincts, which, after three years should be finely tuned. Does his hesitation/risk aversion affect the confidence his receivers have in him to find them when open? The NFL won't come after him for his running ability, and that part of his game was on full glorious display Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by TwinCityBison View Post
    He will not be drafted. There are so many better passers in the FBS and only a hand ful get an NFL roster... Stick is a nice college Qb that can run but the NFL is all based on passing accuracy. WE all love him but time to realistic.
    I'm looking for the hysterical laughing button like on Facebook to respond to this one. I think folks who know much more about football and the NFL and draft possibilities than you or I do are being quite realistic when they say he's got a shot at being drafted. Time to get your head out of your small time nether-cheeks.

Oh... and here's the emoticon instead of the button. That will have to work.

Let me settle this once and for all. I am almost positive one of these is correct.
    https://makeagif.com/i/AwTTNa
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

My prediction: He will not be drafted. But will get invited to shrine or senior bowl etc.

What I WANT to happen and HOPE happens: He lights it up and kicks ass and gets drafted top 100 picks. Awesome, awesome guy- Bison Legend in every possible way.
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by 89MTBISON View Post
    Easton made several impressive passes over the middle last week, and others were real head-scratchers. He certainly looks better than last year, although with three full years under his belt I had higher expectations for him. He doesn't seem to be able to recognize quickly enough when a receiver will come open, and when he does too often he either hesitates or doesn't trust his instincts, which, after three years should be finely tuned. Does his hesitation/risk aversion affect the confidence his receivers have in him to find them when open? The NFL won't come after him for his running ability, and that part of his game was on full glorious display Saturday.
    Does anybody ever consider the fact he hesitates because even he's unsure if his receiver is going to actually create separation? Look, a QB can make a WR look good and a WR can make a QB look good. Which way do you think that argument falls for NDSU? I guarantee if you watched a practice or summer drills with no defenders, you'd see a much more confident, accurate and decisive Stick. He will get his shot and will make the most of it.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

Quote Originally Posted by TwinCityBison View Post
    I understand saying something like, "Hey, I'm no expert, but I just don't see it. I hope he gets drafted, but... etc..." (see Mankato's comment)...

When you say, "HE WILL NOT BE DRAFTED!!!" ...i mean... you're just trying to start something. And you look like an idiot.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNation11 View Post
    Does anybody ever consider the fact he hesitates because even he's unsure if his receiver is going to actually create separation? Look, a QB can make a WR look good and a WR can make a QB look good. Which way do you think that argument falls for NDSU? I guarantee if you watched a practice or summer drills with no defenders, you'd see a much more confident, accurate and decisive Stick. He will get his shot and will make the most of it.
    The difference is great QB's throw the ball and give their receivers a chance to make a play. They don't hesitate, they trust their instincts and abilities. Go back and rewatch that 2015 UNI/NDSU game and you tell me if Shep is open or has separation on that game winning TD. Easton has to learn to trust his instincts and get the ball out faster. I don't see him getting drafted but it's possible. I also don't see him making an NFL roster but that's entirely up to him at this point.