Page 151 of 455 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151152153161201251 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,510 of 4542

Thread: The Easton Stick Mega Thread

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Easton Stick

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonfanatical View Post
    A lot of truth to this in my opinion, I believe Easton controls his destiny this season. If they go 15-0 and he stays healthy, both with the Carson connection and the hype by these scouts, the stats that will be hard to ignore will entail more than have been used in the past years with QB's. .... Easton is in a very unique situation.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    I’m too lazy too look up the detailed stats myself. How does Stick compare to the Briscoes and the Strevelers of the world? Other than 34-3 and a fat championship ring, that is.

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreThePride View Post
    I’m too lazy too look up the detailed stats myself. How does Stick compare to the Briscoes and the Strevelers of the world? Other than 34-3 and a fat championship ring, that is.
    I agree that I also have no intention of looking up the details that have worked in the past.

Mainly, he has the eyes of the fcs and nfl on him right now which is possibly the best stat out there... imo

Easton has a situation that definately gives him a leg up from others. BUT, this year has to be a good one for him and he has to stay healthy.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Its not till "death do us part"....unless you make another call like that ...you bum!!
    .........good grief..........

reformedUNDfan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Unless there is a surprise unknown QB out there, the competition for Stick isn't that great, including statistically speaking, compared to previous seasons. His biggest competition is probably going to Lance Dunn.
    FYP. NDSU is going to have 2 valid player of the years candidates so neither will win

Quote Originally Posted by reformedUNDfan View Post
    FYP. NDSU is going to have 2 valid player of the years candidates so neither will win
    While Lance definitely has the skills and tools to be a possible candidate, he has the same issue that Bruce Anderson has - lots of stud RBs in the Bison backfield and only so many touches to dole out in the season.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Unless there is a surprise unknown QB out there, the competition for Stick isn't that great, including statistically speaking, compared to previous seasons. His biggest competition is probably going to a RB or WR.
    Hodges, Gubrud and Christion all had several hundred more passing yards last year than Easton. Not sure how he beats them out for an award largely based on stats.

I’m too lazy too look up the detailed stats myself. How does Stick compare to the Briscoes and the Strevelers of the world? Other than 34-3 and fat championship rings, that is.
    Had to fix a minor detail.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    Had to fix a minor detail.
    I think there’s no doubt that a starter’s ring is more meaningful than a backup’s ring.

I think there’s no doubt that a starter’s ring is more meaningful than a backup’s ring.
    I'd hope Stick is pretty damn proud of that 2015 ring also. I don't think it's a stretch to say that that year he played the most instrumental role any backup has played in any of the 6 title years. The team rallied around him but to step in for a guy like Wentz in mid-October when the team was reeling by their standards and not lose a game en route to the title game will always be the epitome of the "next man up" mentality.

You almost make it sound like Stick just came in that season to mop up a few games. The "back-up" started and was the winning quarterback as a R-FR in 8 out of the 15 games. I don't understand how that ring is any less meaningful. Does Carson's ring have any less value because he only started 7 games?
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    You almost make it sound like Stick just came in that season to mop up a few games. The "back-up" started and was the winning quarterback as a R-FR in 8 out of the 15 games. I don't understand how that ring is any less meaningful. Does Carson's ring have any less value because he only started 7 games?
    Absolutely. That championship season is as much Stick's as it is Wentz's. Honestly with the way the Bison were playing under Wentz until he got hurt, I don't know if we would have made the championship game.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]