Page 137 of 455 FirstFirst ... 3787127135136137138139147187237 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,370 of 4542

Thread: The Easton Stick Mega Thread

Default Re: Easton Stick

Carson had a pretty big jump from his Junior to Senior season, especially in regards to calling audibles. While Easton doesn't haven't the same physical tools in regards to height and arm strength (not many do either in the NFL), I expect a similar jump for Easton. He has been a part of the system for four years now and I think Klieman and Messingham will give Easton more control of the the offense. I expect him to play more minutes in the early part of the year as opposed to pulling him fairly early like they did last season just so he can get more reps at being in more control as the offensive field general. Again, this is my take.
    Hail the BISON!!!

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Really?
    Yes, really. There were a ton of people (maybe most?) saying the exact same nonsense.

From what I can tell, ES already makes great pre-snap reads...which is a big deal at the next level. Most guys in college are just reading signs coming in from the sidelines.
    Insert something clever here...

Stick's issues aren't with seeing the field, it's trusting his instincts. He consistently makes the right read but second guesses himself causing a double clutch. He's thinking too much instead of just letting it rip.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    Stick's issues aren't with seeing the field, it's trusting his instincts. He consistently makes the right read but second guesses himself causing a double clutch. He's thinking too much instead of just letting it rip.
    Agreed. 10 char

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Carson had a pretty big jump from his Junior to Senior season, especially in regards to calling audibles. While Easton doesn't haven't the same physical tools in regards to height and arm strength (not many do either in the NFL), I expect a similar jump for Easton. He has been a part of the system for four years now and I think Klieman and Messingham will give Easton more control of the the offense. I expect him to play more minutes in the early part of the year as opposed to pulling him fairly early like they did last season just so he can get more reps at being in more control as the offensive field general. Again, this is my take.
    Not sure about the big jump by Carson, he hardly played his SR year. I think people are losing track of NDSU Carson and Pro Carson. Probably inevitable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Not sure about the big jump by Carson, he hardly played his SR year. I think people are losing track of NDSU Carson and Pro Carson. Probably inevitable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Just judging by the games I saw live featuring Carson his Junior year (Iowa State, Weber State and Illinois State) versus his Senior year (Montana, North Dakota, Northern Iowa and Jacksonville State), he was on a complete different level between the two seasons in my opinion - including to how much more he yelled "KILL" to audible out of the first play and into the second.
    Hail the BISON!!!

VirginiaBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    ^^^^^^This
    You wanta play football, any school will do; ... You wanta learn football, NDSU is for you!

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    Yes, really. There were a ton of people (maybe most?) saying the exact same nonsense.

From what I can tell, ES already makes great pre-snap reads...which is a big deal at the next level. Most guys in college are just reading signs coming in from the sidelines.
    I don't recall this on Bisonville much at all. Carsons football IQ was a known strength, along with being in a Nfl pro based system. Many outsider and latecomers "scouts" who didn't watch Wentz real time equated FCS level with multiple potential issues - speed of game, reads, etc. For me, I wasn't sure if his tight window decisions would lead to a high number of picks at the NFL level. But that definitely hasn't been the case.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNation11 View Post
    The thing I don't understand with everyone saying he can't make reads is EVERYONE said the same thing about Wentz. Anybody ever bother to think that's the offense they're ASKING the QB's to run? Find one, find two. If they aren't there, get the hell out of the pocket and make something happen. NDSU's offense isn't pass-happy, so your line (while still very good) isn't going to be the absolute best at pass blocking. NDSU also doesn't have as many ponies on the outside that create separation all the time. Perhaps that will change with the incoming classes, but from years past, I'm more willing to say it's a design in the offense.
    If people were saying this, then they didn't watch the UNI game. Carson in the fourth quarter of that game was at a level that no QB at NDSU has touched. That game is where I knew he had a chance to do some special things.

Carson could go into a 2 minute offense and just carve up an opposing defense. That is an area where Easton really needs to improve, our two minute offense has been less than stellar since Carson left.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

So could brock