Green1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Easton Stick

Quote Originally Posted by Twincitybizon View Post
    Here here! My motto is "All you need is a few inches"

That's what...... oh, forget it....

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Darius is the only man right now. He's a slot receiver that we are working TO DEATH. Dallas got loose a couple times last week and Watson is the real deal.

These kids need to learn route running. If there was one thing RJ could do, it was run a tight route and give himself a few inches to catch it.
    I think he's the only WR that Easton trusts to go make a play for him. I also think the big emergence of the TE's has more to do with that's who he trusts to make the play also.

Stick has not improved his throwing any to this point from last year which suprises me as a big Stick guy. Other than Shepard his receivers are less than serviceable and a real disappointment to this point in a young season. They get ZERO separation on their routes and Stick has often times stood in the pocket or rolled out comfortably waiting for them to get open. Shepard runs wild over the middle on the same plays. WR is by far the weakest link in the Bison chain. I hope Shepard doesn't get hurt down the stretch!!!! Had #15 for SDSU not dropped an easy TD in the first to go up 14-0, that may have been a different game. SDSU looked as good as NDSU in all phases on Saturday, Bison seemed to lack any fire, which was a big surprise as well.

BisonTru is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Btw, these are the guys I trust the most in draft stuff...

The NFL network guys (Daniel Jeremiah, Mike Mayock, Bucky Brooks) - DJ and BB are ex-real scouts and Mike Mayock is pretty dialed in as well. Unfortunately they don't really get going till post season.

The ESPN guys (Todd McShay, Mel Kiper) - These guys are the most well known and many people have an opinion on their work one way or the other, but honestly they are usually pretty damn tuned in.

Matt Miller from Bleacher Report - He's not as dialed in as the others but he's pretty objective and puts out some big draft boards a lot earlier and longer than the bigger names.

Benjamin Allbright (radio/NFL insider) - He's not necessarily a draft expert, but does a lot of work on the quarterbacks and he has a lot of NFL connections and usually puts out some insider info that generally is pretty accurate.

Inside the Pylon - They do a lot of cool breakdowns and podcasts. I don't think they have much for NFL connections, but they do have a good understanding of the QB position and break it down for their audience.

Josh Buchannon @Joshnfldraft - Josh is bar none the best small school FCS scout I've come across. He's the best resource to get objective draft info on FCS guys in general although I would say I don't think QBs are his speciality.
    Quote Originally Posted by GOD
    Hail the Bison!

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I love Easton. I think he is a slightly more athletic version of Brock Jensen. He is a winner like Brock and I will take him any day of the week as our QB. I was also very high on Carson very early. I even made a comment in his first game to my brother that he looks like he may have a chance someday to play in the NFL if he continues to improve.

I also don't necessarily think Easton is an NFL QB. I can't say this for certain since I am not in the QB room, but his decision making from a fan standpoint seems a lot like Brock as well. Which to me is a step slow. He has an adequate arm to play in the NFL as the pass he threw in SDSU game was in the air 55 yards I believe. Carson actually struggled to throw the deep ball at times and has improved his deep ball passing and even how far he can throw the ball while in NFL camp. Easton doesn't quite have Carson's arm.

To me Easton is similar to Christian Ponder and he will get a shot at the next level. I really hope he gets a shot and becomes a serviceable backup in the NFL. You never know he might improve his processing speed and get his shot in the NFL and become a starter. I sure hope so.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTru View Post
    Btw, these are the guys I trust the most in draft stuff...

The NFL network guys (Daniel Jeremiah, Mike Mayock, Bucky Brooks) - DJ and BB are ex-real scouts and Mike Mayock is pretty dialed in as well. Unfortunately they don't really get going till post season.

The ESPN guys (Todd McShay, Mel Kiper) - These guys are the most well known and many people have an opinion on their work one way or the other, but honestly they are usually pretty damn tuned in.

Matt Miller from Bleacher Report - He's not as dialed in as the others but he's pretty objective and puts out some big draft boards a lot earlier and longer than the bigger names.

Benjamin Allbright (radio/NFL insider) - He's not necessarily a draft expert, but does a lot of work on the quarterbacks and he has a lot of NFL connections and usually puts out some insider info that generally is pretty accurate.

Inside the Pylon - They do a lot of cool breakdowns and podcasts. I don't think they have much for NFL connections, but they do have a good understanding of the QB position and break it down for their audience.

Josh Buchannon @Joshnfldraft - Josh is bar none the best small school FCS scout I've come across. He's the best resource to get objective draft info on FCS guys in general although I would say I don't think QBs are his speciality.
    Good information.

One thing to keep in mind in this conversation... Something I need to consistently remind myself: Every Bison fan here, critical of Easton or not, WANTS him to succeed and get drafted and be the next Tom Brady. Just because they're critical or doubt his viability at the next level, doesn't mean they don't like him or want him to succeed, they're just trying to be realists.

Anyway, carry on...
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Obviously Stick is a top 3 FCS QB. Possibly even the best playing at this level right now. Those who disagree with that point, have some sort of bias or just aren't very smart football minds. Where/if Stick gets drafted is a big question. My humble opinion is he is a late rounder to undrafted free agent. I just don't think his accuracy is good enough and in the NFL, that is priority number 1. Am I way off on this? possibly, but one persons opinion. Also, hear a lot of blame put on wide receivers. Great quarterbacks will throw their receivers open. So, I agree some of the blame can go to the wide outs, but the QB can also help out by putting the ball in the right spot where a play can be made, back shoulder, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    Good information.

One thing to keep in mind in this conversation... Something I need to consistently remind myself: Every Bison fan here, critical of Easton or not, WANTS him to succeed and get drafted and be the next Tom Brady. Just because they're critical or doubt his viability at the next level, doesn't mean they don't like him or want him to succeed, they're just trying to be realists.

Anyway, carry on...
    Well Said!!!! I actually had Easton much higher rated a year ago than I do now after four games this year. With that said, because of his background at NDSU, winning history, and IF he wins another title, he will get invited to the combine where his interviews and workouts will be off the chart. I see him getting drafted, possibly much higher than could be expected. He has as much game as a lot of 2nd stringers in the NFL and I think he makes millions in that role. Im sure he would be all in for that. And, once your on a roster who knows where it goes from there? Again, his WR's this year wont make him appear any better than he actually is. In four games this year the WR crew is well below average.

Quote Originally Posted by KNOW IT ALL View Post
    Stick has not improved his throwing any to this point from last year which suprises me as a big Stick guy. Other than Shepard his receivers are less than serviceable and a real disappointment to this point in a young season. They get ZERO separation on their routes and Stick has often times stood in the pocket or rolled out comfortably waiting for them to get open. Shepard runs wild over the middle on the same plays. WR is by far the weakest link in the Bison chain. I hope Shepard doesn't get hurt down the stretch!!!! Had #15 for SDSU not dropped an easy TD in the first to go up 14-0, that may have been a different game. SDSU looked as good as NDSU in all phases on Saturday, Bison seemed to lack any fire, which was a big surprise as well.
    Idk... I thought receivers were getting open Stick just either didn't see them or didn't have time. I'm sure there are examples on both sides but this was a good still frame that Ross Uglem posted on twitter:

Btw, Stick scrambled for a first down on that play.

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Snowgoose View Post
    I love Easton. I think he is a slightly more athletic version of Brock Jensen. He is a winner like Brock and I will take him any day of the week as our QB. I was also very high on Carson very early. I even made a comment in his first game to my brother that he looks like he may have a chance someday to play in the NFL if he continues to improve.

I also don't necessarily think Easton is an NFL QB. I can't say this for certain since I am not in the QB room, but his decision making from a fan standpoint seems a lot like Brock as well. Which to me is a step slow. He has an adequate arm to play in the NFL as the pass he threw in SDSU game was in the air 55 yards I believe. Carson actually struggled to throw the deep ball at times and has improved his deep ball passing and even how far he can throw the ball while in NFL camp. Easton doesn't quite have Carson's arm.

To me Easton is similar to Christian Ponder and he will get a shot at the next level. I really hope he gets a shot and becomes a serviceable backup in the NFL. You never know he might improve his processing speed and get his shot in the NFL and become a starter. I sure hope so.
    I don't know. To my eye, Easton is clearly the better athlete and clearly has a better arm than Brock ever had. Not a knock on Brock but just saying something about Easton Stick. Brock was definitely cool under pressure, particularly by his last season but Easton has also occasionally put the team on his shoulders and won games. Remember, Brock had better receivers for his career.

I don't really have any doubt that he will be drafted in the mid to early rounds.
    Insert something clever here...