Page 194 of 201 FirstFirst ... 94144184192193194195196 ... LastLast
Results 1,931 to 1,940 of 2003

Thread: The Easton Stick Mega Thread

Default Re: Easton Stick

Quote Originally Posted by G_Funky View Post
    Or like how they locked down Darius during the natty last year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Too bad Shep hasn't improved this year.
    "NDSU: CHEATING AT FOOTBALL SINCE 1965."
    "WARNING: I LIKE SARCASM, BUT RARELY USE PURPLE.
    I SHOULD USE IT MORE, BUT I CAN'T HELP MYSELF."

Blog Entries

Easton Stick has completed 85 passes this year. All to Darrius Shepherd apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Easton Stick has completed 85 passes this year. All to Darrius Shepherd apparently.
    No, but pretty darn close!!! I thought the guys take was pretty fair and accurate. Im amazed teams arent playing double coverage on Shep with one over the top. Until this receiving core proves its more than one target its a legitimate take on how to "possibly" slow down Bison scoring, or, a simple pulled hamstring and things could get interesting. The TE's are open every time they look for them between the hash marks but they still only account for 2-3 catches a game, maybe getting a few more looks lately.? 10-12 looks a game would really open up this offense. Again, maybe it will come in the playoffs, we will see!

Blog Entries

Darrius Shepherd has 31 receptions of 85 of Stick's completions - 36.4%

Riley Stapleton has 43 receptions of Ben Denucci's 135 completions - 31.8%

Wow, we have a #1 receiver, just like everyone else.

Nine different Bison players caught at least one pass against USD, all from Stick.

458 In a row

Blog Entries

I combined four Easton Stick threads into one Mega Stick thread. Read all posts in Voltron's voice, please.
    Get your entries into the Bisonville dictionary: http://www.bisonville.com/fanguide/dictionary

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    Nine different Bison players caught at least one pass against USD, all from Stick.
    Let me know when Stick completes a first down pass to Stick. Only then will the apprentice become the master.

Seems to me they are making some use of the tight ends in the red zone---Ellefson has 4 of Sticks 13 TD passes (Shep has 5).
    "NDSU: CHEATING AT FOOTBALL SINCE 1965."
    "WARNING: I LIKE SARCASM, BUT RARELY USE PURPLE.
    I SHOULD USE IT MORE, BUT I CAN'T HELP MYSELF."

"Mega" thread sounds better anyways given who we are discussing.

Easton is one of the best leaders that NDSU has ever had, if not the best. He is a servant leader evidenced by handing the keys back over to the big redhead against JSU. He can be a fiery, inspirational leader circa his sideline demeanor before the last drive against Iowa, and getting in the face of UNI after his 1 yd 4th qtr TD run this year. He is mentally tough demonstrated after his bad three game stretch in 2017, including outperforming Schorr in the Natty game. He models the way in the classroom, film room, practice field and press room. His off the field work is both quiet yet impactful and long-lasting. You want your son to become more like him; and you want your daughter to marry him or someone like him. He is a winner on the field, but more importantly, a winner off the field.

Oh, he can also run like a deer (or Deere if you grew up on a JD farm). His arm strength continues to improve and his release quicken. And he has lost a total of 3 games while deftly handling the biggest pressure seat in FCS football. And, there are many more chapters to be written.....