Page 134 of 455 FirstFirst ... 3484124132133134135136144184234 ... LastLast
Results 1,331 to 1,340 of 4542

Thread: The Easton Stick Mega Thread

Default Re: Easton Stick

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalBison View Post
    I've said it before, Easton showed major progress after working with Carson and the Philly receivers last summer. His arm mechanics were cleaner and faster, his footwork is farther along than Carson's at this point, and he's got more-than-adequate arm strength. If Easton stays healthy, a first round pick is definitely possible.
    To be a first round pick, the following has to happen

1) great senior season
    2) nfl combine invite and he would have to kill it
    3) senior bowl and do well
    4) win

As fast as Easton is, I think he has the potential to kill it at the combine.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

I hope the Bison blow a few teams out early (as they should) and KC plays his backups as much as possible. Its always fun to watch the next QB's in line get quality snaps. Nothing like getting reps against real game competition. Its also nice to see a fresh QB going into the playoffs. The Bison did a nice job harnessing Stick last year thru the season by limiting his play calling to avoid a lot of unnecessary running of the ball. He may well be the best run option on that team when really in need of a big play. A designed QB draw out of the shotgun is the best play call the Bison have, its lethal.

Quote Originally Posted by KNOW IT ALL View Post
    I hope the Bison blow a few teams out early (as they should) and KC plays his backups as much as possible. Its always fun to watch the next QB's in line get quality snaps. Nothing like getting reps against real game competition. Its also nice to see a fresh QB going into the playoffs. The Bison did a nice job harnessing Stick last year thru the season by limiting his play calling to avoid a lot of unnecessary running of the ball. He may well be the best run option on that team when really in need of a big play. A designed QB draw out of the shotgun is the best play call the Bison have, its lethal.
    ^^^^ This.. NDSU never seems to pull the QB quicker when playing these pud teams up 3-4 touchdowns
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by KNOW IT ALL View Post
    Limit his running?? Stick was the second leading rusher on the team with 839 yards

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Honeybooboo View Post
    Limit his running?? Stick was the second leading rusher on the team with 839 yards
    I think there were some changes made a bit to play calling when Cole Davis went down, and the freshman QB got kicked off the team. With Hendricks as the back up, I think they really didn't want to take many chances of Easton getting hurt. Also, how many RB's were healthy enough last year to get into 2nd place in overall rushing? It was a year of adversity on the injury front like no other.
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

Quote Originally Posted by Honeybooboo View Post
    Stick was held back thru mid season and it was even addressed as such to the media by the coaching staff. Once conference play started when a big play was needed for a first down etc.. Stick would take off with the ball on designed plays, however, he was clearly held back as to try and prevent wear and tear coming into playoff season. Again, it was clear to anyone who knew what they were watching up to mid-season, and noted by the coaching staff when asked by the media if they were "limiting Stick a bit". Its why he didn't lead the team in rushing

If anyone thought that Stick going at the 32nd pick in the mock draft, check out this guy...

https://twitter.com/CDonScouting/sta...82614902296577
    Here's to alcohol, the cause of—and solution to—all life's problems. (Homer Simpson)

Quote Originally Posted by bri-dog View Post
    If anyone thought that Stick going at the 32nd pick in the mock draft, check out this guy...

Former Colts GM, Bill Tobin: "Mel Kiper? Who the hell is Mel Kiper"

Quote Originally Posted by bri-dog View Post

Selected #5 overall? I don't think that will happen. But I also don't think it's outside the realm of possibility if the stars are aligned for Easton. Time will tell. I'm sure it's not high on Easton's list of priorities at this time. He seems pretty well grounded.

Quote Originally Posted by thebootfitter View Post
    Selected #5 overall? I don't think that will happen. But I also don't think it's outside the realm of possibility if the stars are aligned for Easton. Time will tell. I'm sure it's not high on Easton's list of priorities at this time. He seems pretty well grounded.
    It is supposed to be a weak QB class. That seems to be said a lot though.

I could see a team like the Saints moving up in the 2019 draft to get him. An eventual Brees to Stick transition could be pretty smooth.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk