Page 118 of 455 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120128168218 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 4542

Thread: The Easton Stick Mega Thread

Default Re: Easton Stick

Klieman's comments in his presser yesterday gave the impression that he's already getting heavy interest from NFL scouts on Easton. Sounds like it's partially the "Wentz effect" but also the "NDSU effect" in that the NFL guys like how NDSU's offensive system prepares QBs for the mental aspect of the game at the next level.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Klieman's comments in his presser yesterday gave the impression that he's already getting heavy interest from NFL scouts on Easton. Sounds like it's partially the "Wentz effect" but also the "NDSU effect" in that the NFL guys like how NDSU's offensive system prepares QBs for the mental aspect of the game at the next level.
    Yeah I guess NFL coaches would rather not deal with guys who need flash cards. I can't imagine the "McVay/Goff hurry up so I can call the audibles for you" offensive scheme is going to be overly successful in time.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    If Easton gets legitimate interest, and he probably will, that will be the third QB in a row. If that happens, a lot of credit should go to Randy Hedberg, the QB coach. A former NFL QB, he has done a tremendous job grooming the QBs even if he does not get a lot of mentions.

Given all the QB shuffling going on in the NFL, I will admit I still wish Brock would have gotten a closer look. It would be great to have both Brock and Carson playing. I ain't no expert and I might be out to lunch, but my gut says he would have been as good as a lot of the backup QBs in the league and possibly as good as some of the starters. His execution against Kansas State and some of the championship games was impressive - he knows how to manage the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo.Rider View Post
    If Easton gets legitimate interest, and he probably will, that will be the third QB in a row. If that happens, a lot of credit should go to Randy Hedberg, the QB coach. A former NFL QB, he has done a tremendous job grooming the QBs even if he does not get a lot of mentions.

Given all the QB shuffling going on in the NFL, I will admit I still wish Brock would have gotten a closer look. It would be great to have both Brock and Carson playing. I ain't no expert and I might be out to lunch, but my gut says he would have been as good as a lot of the backup QBs in the league and possibly as good as some of the starters. His execution against Kansas State and some of the championship games was impressive - he knows how to manage the game.
    If Trevor Siemian can make it to the NFL as a back-up QB, then I believe Brock could have also done it had he been given a sincere chance. I don't feel Brock was as good as a passer as Trevor is, but I definitely believe Brock could run and lead better and had a ton more moxie.

In regards Easton, he will get a solid chance.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Easton should get interest - he's a very good QB.

Also, I think Hedberg deserves a lot of praise too. I keep thinking that while I really appreciate the last staff, all the talk about them being QB whisperers makes me wonder why Carson didn't get any meaningful snaps until they left.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post

Also, I think Hedberg deserves a lot of praise too. I keep thinking that while I really appreciate the last staff, all the talk about them being QB whisperers makes me wonder why Carson didn't get any meaningful snaps until they left.
    They are getting way more credit then they deserve for Wentz.

Hedberg shouldn't get any credit, these 3 QB's are talented and amazing, don't need some old guy from small town ND helping them. they pretty much coach themselves.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post

We may still be the only FCS program with strictly a Quarterback coach. Critical in QB recruiting. Large advantage. Randy is a calm and classy man. Knows everyone. Huge in area recruiting.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    If Trevor Siemian can make it to the NFL as a back-up QB, then I believe Brock could have also done it had he been given a sincere chance. I don't feel Brock was as good as a passer as Trevor is, but I definitely believe Brock could run and lead better and had a ton more moxie.

In regards Easton, he will get a solid chance.
    There are a lot of guys who got a chance simply because they could throw from one hashmark to the opposite sideline on a frozen rope. Brock was not one of those guys. There aren't a lot of guys given the time of day if they can make 9 out of 10 NFL throws. Brock was probably sitting around 7. He was a winner but then so was Gino Toretta.

I loved Brock and he was perfect for Bison football. He just was missing some top level ability to play in the NFL.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Kansas State isn't the NFL. Windows are a LOT smaller, players way quicker, smarter, etc. Brock was a great college QB, end of story.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.