Page 127 of 455 FirstFirst ... 2777117125126127128129137177227 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,270 of 4542

Thread: The Easton Stick Mega Thread

mtoutfitter is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Easton Stick

I think Stick has the physical tools/mental tools to make it on an NFL roster....will he? I'll say better than a 50% chance. So many variables that go into it Senior Yr/Right NFL team/Health/Timing....guess we'll all have to wait and see. Just my 2 cents.
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post

Draft-ability doesn't always = sustainability in the NFL.

Stick is a great college QB and has been very good for us. I don't doubt he'll get a shot. Will he last? That is the million dollar question.

I fully expect Easton to have a crazy year. I have been watching a few games from the '14/'15 timeframe with CW at the helm, and if you would have told me then that he would have been the #2 pick and an MVP candidate in his second year, I would have you locked away in an insane asylum. Easton, both on paper and per the eye test, looks better than CW did through their Jr. season. Carson had a stronger arm and is taller, but that is about where his advantage ends over Easton at this point. Carson went on to miss over half the season in '15, but still got crazy hype from the scouts and NFL execs. As long as Easton doesn't regress (which I highly doubt), then there is no reason to believe he can't make it in the NFL.

I still can't believe Carson has done what he has. Easton has a real shot at not only making an NFL roster, but being a consistent starter in the league.

Good news for the 2018 QB class, Bison1660 was saying that Cleveland is going to take Josh Allen #1 in the draft.

Pass on Carson, take Allen... Cleveland doing Cleveland things.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Good news for the 2018 QB class, Bison1660 was saying that Cleveland is going to take Josh Allen #1 in the draft.

Poor Josh!!!!!!!!!!

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I bet this does not happen

Easton had a better OC than Carson imho

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by mtoutfitter View Post
    I think Stick has the physical tools/mental tools to make it on an NFL roster....will he? I'll say better than a 50% chance. So many variables that go into it Senior Yr/Right NFL team/Health/Timing....guess we'll all have to wait and see. Just my 2 cents.
    Let's keep in perspective that while I think 50% feels right, that is more like will he ever be on an active NFL roster. Much more likely to start on a practice squad if he does make it.

I watched Allen a few times over the past two years and not one time was I really impressed other than arm strength. He clearly does not read defenses and he doesn't go thru his check downs. His rocket arm allowed him to stare down receivers and still get a tight throw into them. That will not happen in the NFL. Not real accurate either. I would compare that to MLB pitchers trying to get a 100mph fastball with no movement past a Major League hitter. " Won't happen at the next level". He will be the next big QB bust in the NFL. He and Lamar Jackson, however, I don't think Jackson late in Rd 1 will be considered a bust.

BisManBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The young in this country do not know enough to be prudent,
    and therefore they attempt the impossible - and achieve it generation after generation - Pearl S. Buck