Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Easton Stick

Default Re: Easton Stick

It's pretty amazing that NDSU has had 3 consecutive QB's with solid NFL interest. That is pretty much unheard-of for any football program outside of USC/Notredame.

If Stick gets drafts in any round it will even further solidify NDSU in the college football landscape. How often does any school get two quarterbacks drafted back to back let alone an FCS school. Also even if he ends up a career backup to say two NDSU quarterbacks are currently playing in the NFL would be crazy. One more thing that NO ONE saw coming with the move to DI.

That said, we are a long way from next years draft and any of that happening. But it is fun to think about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think Marshall had Pennington and another QB who made it to the NFL in their 1-AA days but I could be wrong.
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by mtoutfitter View Post
    I think Marshall had Pennington and another QB who made it to the NFL in their 1-AA days but I could be wrong.
    Close. Byron Leftwich started in 1998. Marshall moved up in 1997. I think that's correct, anyway...
    Here's to alcohol, the cause of—and solution to—all life's problems. (Homer Simpson)

I'm sure you're right but I was referring to a different guy in the program the same time as Pennington....want to say he was a SEC transfer. Don't think he got drafted but still made a team at QB.
    Edit.....found the name Eric Kresser.

Ah, gotcha. I didn't remember him.
    Here's to alcohol, the cause of—and solution to—all life's problems. (Homer Simpson)

Quote Originally Posted by bri-dog View Post
    Ah, gotcha. I didn't remember him.
    The only reason I half assed remember him is because I was working for Leachman Cattle Co near Billings in those days. Happened to be in town drinking beer the day of the championship against the Grizzled Bears and all TVs were tuned to that game. I shouldn't say it but I hate the Griz as much as I hate Fhawkers!