Page 116 of 455 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117118126166216 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,160 of 4542

Thread: The Easton Stick Mega Thread

Default Re: Easton Stick

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    The one knock I've always had on Stick is that he thinks too much in the pocket - he's smart, but he still isn't playing as fast as he can. I can see him second guess himself on his reads a LOT, which has caused bad interceptions and missed opportunities. He needs to trust his instincts and just let it rip, I think his play would be significantly elevated. Hopefully the 5th year in the system will give him the confidence to play fast. Maybe finally getting his ring will calm him down too...can you imagine the pressure...and then being the guy to lead the team that broke the streak? Has to be a monkey off of his back.
    This is spot on and one thing he needs to improve.

He will be a pretty hot topic all next season as the draft experts like to be the ones that find the 'diamond in the rough'. However, I think he really takes a leap on draft boards in the Senior bowl type games and combine workouts. His physical numbers will be off the charts for a QB. He will definitely get his shot and at the very least I see him as a sure fire #2 for many years in the NFL (smart, well coached, Pro style background, always ready etc....) . NOW That's a GREAT Gig! Once your in the sky is the limit.

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    A whole year of development...As he gets stronger and improves technique, the ball will become easier to throw.
    Thread drift apology...this reminded me of a conversation I had last night.

There is a college freshman that graduated from the school my kids go to. He was an above-average baseball player and a pretty darn good QB in HS. This past summer he was clocked at 73-74 mph with his fastball. He signed to play football over baseball in college. Now, with all the football throwing he did everyday in practice this fall plus lifting weights, his fastball was clocked in the upper 80's. He will now also be playing baseball this spring.

I know, cool story bro.
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

Is it possible that a team would take him and make him into a WR? I personally don't think that the idea is too far fetched. He defiantly could be that Julian Edelman type player for the right team.
    Keep your expectations low enough and you will always be happy with the results

Quote Originally Posted by SUBISON247 View Post
    Is it possible that a team would take him and make him into a WR? I personally don't think that the idea is too far fetched. He defiantly could be that Julian Edelman type player for the right team.
    I think he's too good of a passer for that to be the case. I won't rule it out, but I just think his value is higher as a QB at this point.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    He's not as much a natural thrower as those at least Garopolo and Flacco. Romo has a weird release, not that Stick does, but I think throwing isn't as natural. Obviously, he doesn't have the big arm that Flacco has either. He's a MUCH better athlete than all 3, which is kind of his x-factor I think. He's a proven winner in a pro-style system, which is a plus. I think the success of Wentz and Garopolo also play to his favor as it makes the FCS pill much easier to swallow for a team. Depending on how next season plays out, he could be that guy that a team likes to sit behind a veteran for a few years...ie Rivers, Brees, Alex Smith. Low pressure situation, not a franchise savior kind of draft pick, but someone they like enough to want to see him with NFL coaching. I have high hopes for him this coming year, I think he is going to take the next step. Don't underestimate the issues we've had at WR either, could be a game changer if we get some real skilled guys on field finally.

The one knock I've always had on Stick is that he thinks too much in the pocket - he's smart, but he still isn't playing as fast as he can. I can see him second guess himself on his reads a LOT, which has caused bad interceptions and missed opportunities. He needs to trust his instincts and just let it rip, I think his play would be significantly elevated. Hopefully the 5th year in the system will give him the confidence to play fast. Maybe finally getting his ring will calm him down too...can you imagine the pressure...and then being the guy to lead the team that broke the streak? Has to be a monkey off of his back.
    If he's lucky enough to get a chance to run at the combine, his speed and experience running the same pro style offense as Wentz is what will make him an intriguing prospect. He doesn't have the big arm but it's good enough. If he doesn't have that NFL prototypical height, he's gonna have to have a big senior year and kill it with his speed. Sticks way bigger than a guy like Vernon Adams (5-11) but I think Vernon killed his shot when had a mediocre combine. Everyone talked about how great of an athlete he was and Wentz smoked him in pretty every category. I think Stick is very similar to Brock Jensen going into his senior year except Easton is obviously way faster than Brock. Brock got a shot but he really didn't have the speed or the big arm.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by SUBISON247 View Post
    That is a really interesting thought. I could see that happening. Not sure about his pass catching, but you would think he would have good hands and coordination being a QB.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

It's pretty amazing that NDSU has had 3 consecutive QB's with solid NFL interest. That is pretty much unheard-of for any football program outside of USC/Notredame.

If Stick gets drafts in any round it will even further solidify NDSU in the college football landscape. How often does any school get two quarterbacks drafted back to back let alone an FCS school. Also even if he ends up a career backup to say two NDSU quarterbacks are currently playing in the NFL would be crazy. One more thing that NO ONE saw coming with the move to DI.

That said, we are a long way from next years draft and any of that happening. But it is fun to think about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtoutfitter is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I think Marshall had Pennington and another QB who made it to the NFL in their 1-AA days but I could be wrong.
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!