Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: 2/8 @ oru

Default Re: 2/8 @ oru

When we were up by 2 near end of regulation and shot a 3, missed...oru comes down and ties. Did we really need a 3 there? Why not just get 2?
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

Maybe I am overly optimistic, but I really thought we would run the table to close out the season.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    I hope we win, so this is 3 pages long, and not a loss where it is 11 pages when the football fans come out and root against our basketball program......haha/sort of.

GO BISON! #cantwealljustgetalong #plentyofroomforhoopsandfootballfans
    I won't root against our team but Richman sucks. I feel bad for the players and fans watching this mess unfold. This starts at the top.

Just got done watching replay. That was brutal.

NDSU will prolly make SVPs show tonight as we were 1.5 favs
    Last edited by ndsubison1; 02-09-2018 at 03:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    Then dont watch. Dont be a fan of all our programs. Be like a hockey only und fan and only cheer for 1 sport. I will stand by and cheer for this team and every Bison team no matter what. Thats what a true fan does, which you clearly arent. Losing on a last second three sucks but it wont cause me not to be a fan of this team.
    Who said he wasn't a true fan? What are true fans supposed to say? It will be ok...this is just a rough patch....we are getting better.....saving our best plays and offense for the tournament......we lost to a really good team on the road....this is an really good team but the record doesn't show it. I am an avid NDSU basketball fan and am grossly disappointed in this team and staff the way they are performing. I would really like to know what the true fans think of this team? If the football team was sub .500 what do you think the TRUE FANS would say? C'mon man...fans do have the right to voice their opinion good, bad, or indifferent the last time I checked.

ORAL ROBERTS threw a 1 3 1 zone at NDSU.

while in said zone, NDSU did nothing... at least 8 minutes of 0 points versus it.

then but horrible play by NDSU on that long ORU pass with 2.8 secs left .. let the guy catch it and get a turnaround 30 footer * cmon man no way they make it
    all this did was give oru a chance to set up the 3.

I was on oru board. they have checked out. said worst ORU team in 20 years.. whoa.

PS. NDSU is 6-12 now (3 NAIA wins and 3 wins vs 300+ RPI teams with maybe 1 quality win (at USD by 2 shooting 50% from 3 and Missouri St by 1 when they were 1-15 from 3)

seriously this legit should be a 3-15 basketball team plus ending last year with 2 embarassing losses... ARGH

khy kabellis was smart to leave... https://www.instagram.com/p/BejoD1xgRmI/

who transfers out this year?
    Tyson Ward could goto any Florida college outside FSU/IF.
    Cam Hunter can goto anywhere back home
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by slips View Post
    Who said he wasn't a true fan? What are true fans supposed to say? It will be ok...this is just a rough patch....we are getting better.....saving our best plays and offense for the tournament......we lost to a really good team on the road....this is an really good team but the record doesn't show it. I am an avid NDSU basketball fan and am grossly disappointed in this team and staff the way they are performing. I would really like to know what the true fans think of this team? If the football team was sub .500 what do you think the TRUE FANS would say? C'mon man...fans do have the right to voice their opinion good, bad, or indifferent the last time I checked.
    Completely agree. Probably doesn’t understand the difference between frustration and apathy. Frustration after a loss shows passion for a program, not the opposite. UND hockey only fans don’t care how the other programs do which is completely different.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTeacher View Post
    When we were up by 2 near end of regulation and shot a 3, missed...oru comes down and ties. Did we really need a 3 there? Why not just get 2?
    You don't want a low percentage shot when you are going for a win.

Also Tyson Ward made a three with 2 seconds left but once again why take low percentage shots?

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by whorepsthelurker View Post
    out played in an empty stadium in a one-bid league. Who gives a sh*t anymore. This is bad basketball. A fish rots from the head down. I learned that when i was 7. This fish stinks …
    going fbs would work wonders for the basketball program!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTeacher View Post
    The shot clock was getting low and NOBODY wanted the ball in their hands. AJ had to shoot it.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    You don't want a low percentage shot when you are going for a win.

Also Tyson Ward made a three with 2 seconds left but once again why take low percentage shots?
    This is a completely different situation than the end of regulation. Different play. Hunter drove the lane and opened up a shot for Ward. It wasn't a shot NDSU settled for. NDSU knew ORU would be eager to go for the block down low and ran a perfect play to set up an open shot.

I get that they were bigger than us, but once we were in the bonus, it baffles me that the mindset doesn't turn to driving to the lane and looking to get fouls. I'm not talking out of control, just going in there and throwing up anything hoping for a foul. But something along the lines of what Hunter did to set up Ward. It either opens up shots outside or we make an athletic play with the possibility of shooting free throws. We got in the bonus and played perimeter passing from there on out. Ward is the only one on the team that has any inkling of a "killer instinct", meaning he wants the ball come crunch time. But I think he was deferring to Miller, who for some reason, wanted nothing to do with it.

I could be way out of line with this, but how do we not go for the block on the final 3 point play? Ward was in great position to go up and attempt a block. If he fouls, kid still has to make 3 pressure packed free throws to win. 2 to tie. Or, how do we not foul someone away from the ball so they're only shooting in a 1 & 1 situation? If they make both, we have a timeout to use and we're still playing for double ot. If they miss, they're hoping for a low percentage tip back. Odds are we win but harder for us to lose. I also thought the ball out of bounds to bring it to 2.2 seconds was off ORU. Looked pretty obvious to me. Really tough loss to swallow. Wish they would have left AJ in longer at the beginning of the game when he was hot. I'd like to hear the reasoning for not using Dylan Miller last night. About the only big on the team that can put up with and dish out a beating down low. He played well against USD and should have been rewarded. We also need to learn how to defend the high ball screen without switching. It's killing us.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.