Quote Originally Posted by DakotaOkie View Post
Here is an interesting result to national signing day and early signing period which makes me certain that December will become the only signing period for all practical purposes. There was a "3-star" receiver in the Tulsa area (Wagoner, OK) allegedly with adequate school grades and recruited by several D1 FBS schools that did not commit to a program in December. He was waiting for a better offer from an Oklahoma/Texas/Arkansas school that did not materialize. Those rosters were filled as well as other recruitment options and he is now headed to junior college for at least a year. He got greedy and is out of major football conversation for at least a year if not forever.
After this past year, the fear factor is going to get most of these kids signing football offers sooner than later.
That's the danger of having the early signing period. I think it's only going to get more pressure packed for the recruits because they're probably going to move the early signing period up earlier in the year eventually. Klieman has mentioned a few times that he expects (of maybe prefers) it to be moved to August. It seems kind of dumb to have an early signing period only 6 weeks before the late signing period. If you're going to allow early signees then make it "early". So these kids could start feeling that pressure so sign before their senior season of high school even starts.

That said I think the benefits of the early signing period far outweigh the downside of it. Based on his comments in the late signing day presser Klieman doesn't expect the early signing period to go away anytime soon based on his interactions with other coaches at their national coach's conference.