Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Coaching moves 2018

Default Re: Coaching moves 2018

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    It didn't work well because he was a DC, it worked because of Chris Klieman. End of story.
    I guess you told me ... lol

How you separate the two is absolutely astonishing to me.

The defense became what it is under his guidance. This run would never happen without the Bison defense since 2010, which came with Coach K. If he had left with coach Bohl this whole thing would look different than it does now ... ummm ... errr ... oh yeah ... end of story.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Its not till "death do us part"....unless you make another call like that ...you bum!!
    .........good grief..........

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonfanatical View Post
    I guess you told me ... lol

How you separate the two is absolutely astonishing to me.

The defense became what it is under his guidance. This run would never happen without the Bison defense since 2010, which came with Coach K. If he had left with coach Bohl this whole thing would look different than it does now ... ummm ... errr ... oh yeah ... end of story.

Being a good defensive coordinator and a good head coach are two totally different skillsets. Yes, his defensive prowess is a reason why we have been successful, but there is so much more to it. Many great position coaches and coordinators have failed in the head job because it's a different skillset. It's more of a CEO/manager role. There was no guarantee he'd be a great head coach.

I'm not arguing his defensive chops, but that's not what made him a great head coach.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

It didn't work well because he was a DC, it worked because of Chris Klieman. End of story.
    This is true

Being a good defensive coordinator and a good head coach are two totally different skillsets. Yes, his defensive prowess is a reason why we have been successful, but there is so much more to it. Many great position coaches and coordinators have failed in the head job because it's a different skillset. It's more of a CEO/manager role. There was no guarantee he'd be a great head coach.

I'm not arguing his defensive chops, but that's not what made him a great head coach.
    Thank you, this post was expressed in a much better way.
    I agree with your points the way you stated them, I probably should have stated mine better, in my opinion we have a more "reasonable" chance of continuing the run with the DC intact .. coach K also proved to have the skill sets to excel at head coach as well.

Its not till "death do us part"....unless you make another call like that ...you bum!!
    .........good grief..........