Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Coaching moves 2018

Default Re: Coaching moves 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    The moment he does that, you would run to BV and complain that they stuffed the run and you don't understand why we would try to pound the rock when we have injured O lineman and the strength of the JMU defense was their DL and front 7.

It is impossible to please everyone. Mess did a terrific job in his first year. Cannot wait for next year.
    I agree, I thought mess did a great job this year and play calling improved the entire season. Look at the shephard play where they were waiting for that coverage and had a perfect play waiting. I hope it keeps improving with a whole year and spring camp.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    He got good recruits for the same reason he got the job - he's a good talker. However, the substance (intelligence) behind the talk wasn't the best.
    And the 15 years coaching in the NFL after leaving ndsu is because he is a good talker too? I think you are discrediting his coaching ability and knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Portlandbison View Post
    And the 15 years coaching in the NFL after leaving ndsu is because he is a good talker too? I think you are discrediting his coaching ability and knowledge.
    If you have friends in the right places in the NFL, you’re nearly guaranteed employment as some type of coach. There’s a reason why these guys get recycled through out the league.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hail the BISON!!!

If you have friends in the right places in the NFL, you’re nearly guaranteed employment as some type of coach. There’s a reason why these guys get recycled through out the league.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'll give you that but Messingham wouldn't be our offensive coordinator if he didnt have a relationship with klieman. Life is all about who you know, but theres no way you stay in the NFL for that long without something to offer other than friendship.

Never said he was a great coach but to say he lacks football intelligence is a different story.

I'll give you that but Messingham wouldn't be our offensive coordinator if he didnt have a relationship with klieman. Life is all about who you know, but theres no way you stay in the NFL for that long without something to offer other than friendship.

Never said he was a great coach but to say he lacks football intelligence is a different story.
    I base my judgements on him from the conversations we had. He showed nothing of intelligence.

Gus Bradley, on the other hand, could talk you into running through a wall.
    Hail the BISON!!!

I base my judgements on him from the conversations we had. He showed nothing of intelligence.

Gus Bradley, on the other hand, could talk you into running through a wall.
    Bradley could talk you into running through a wall isnt an indicator of football intelligence but he might be a better motivator. And I like bradley, especially when the chargers play the broncos twice a year.

I just think Babich took a lot of shit that was out of his control. He probably wasnt ready when he got the ndsu job but that doesnt mean he lacks football intelligence. In fact this article has two highly regarded people amongst bisonvillers contradicting your thoughts that he was stupid about football.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2...hing-instincts

Don Morton, the former Wisconsin head coach who was Babich's first boss at Tulsa, recalled being so impressed with his coaching instincts that he created a spot for Babich even if it meant he had to coach tight ends.

"Bob didn't want yes men around him," Mark Mauer said. "His forte was X's and O's, and he felt comfortable enough to hear us out. And if something went wrong, he'd take responsibility. He wouldn't sell players or coaches out."

Bradley could talk you into running through a wall isnt an indicator of football intelligence but he might be a better motivator. And I like bradley, especially when the chargers play the broncos twice a year.

I just think Babich took a lot of shit that was out of his control. He probably wasnt ready when he got the ndsu job but that doesnt mean he lacks football intelligence. In fact this article has two highly regarded people amongst bisonvillers contradicting your thoughts that he was stupid about football.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2...hing-instincts

Don Morton, the former Wisconsin head coach who was Babich's first boss at Tulsa, recalled being so impressed with his coaching instincts that he created a spot for Babich even if it meant he had to coach tight ends.

"Bob didn't want yes men around him," Mark Mauer said. "His forte was X's and O's, and he felt comfortable enough to hear us out. And if something went wrong, he'd take responsibility. He wouldn't sell players or coaches out."
    Again, I'll base my judgements of a person's intelligence based off the conversations I have with them. Bradley has it while Babich, not so much.

In regards to being an Xs and Os guru, why hasn't Babich's teams been successful? I still don't believe he's in the NFL if it wasn't for his friendship with Lovie Smith, and later on, Bradley.
    Last edited by Christopher Moen; 02-07-2018 at 05:37 AM.
    Hail the BISON!!!

IndyBison is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

How about Josh McDaniel changing his mind on the Colts? Bad enough he stiffs them but the assistants he recruited to join him already have signed contracts! He will never get another NFL job outside of New England.

With character like that I'm glad he's not coming to Indy. The Colts may have dodged a bullet!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    How about Josh McDaniel changing his mind on the Colts? Bad enough he stiffs them but the assistants he recruited to join him already have signed contracts! He will never get another NFL job outside of New England.

With character like that I'm glad he's not coming to Indy. The Colts may have dodged a bullet!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    The Colts are better off in my opinion. If it wasn't for drafting Von Miller in 2011 and Peyton Manning arriving a year later, the Broncos might still be suffering from his strange shenanigans.

My guess why he backed out is that Belichick is moving on in the near future.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Again, I'll base my judgements of a person's intelligence based off the conversations I have with them. Bradley has it while Babich, not so much.

In regards to being an Xs and Os guru, why hasn't Babich's teams been successful? I still don't believe he's in the NFL if it wasn't for his friendship with Lovie Smith, and later on, Bradley.
    I know you're judging babich based on your personal interactions with him, i'm saying your argument is flawed.
    In terms of evaluating a persons football intelligence your opinion doesnt hold a candle to Morton's, mauer, bradley, and Urlachers (who's considering babich to induct him in canton) opinion of babich and his football knowledge. That's not a knock on you just the way it is.

If bradley has it like you said in your interactions with him why does he have the second worst winning percentage in NFL history?