Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Coaching moves 2018

Default Re: Coaching moves 2018

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    Babich is what concerns me. Guy could recruit good players, but didn't do much with them.
    He got good recruits for the same reason he got the job - he's a good talker. However, the substance (intelligence) behind the talk wasn't the best.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wagsabison View Post
    Just as long as we don't go to a Bob Stitt type guy where the identity completely changes. Messingham threw in some of his own things into the offense but I don't think we went too far away from our identity.
    Agreed. No reason Easton needs to be in the gun as much as he is. Still bugs me we were crushing JMU at end of the game with classic power, then we go into gun and have a big loss on a read option.......he needed to be like Tim P against SHSU when he was pounding on the glass "run it again!."

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Agreed. No reason Easton needs to be in the gun as much as he is. Still bugs me we were crushing JMU at end of the game with classic power, then we go into gun and have a big loss on a read option.......he needed to be like Tim P against SHSU when he was pounding on the glass "run it again!."
    The moment he does that, you would run to BV and complain that they stuffed the run and you don't understand why we would try to pound the rock when we have injured O lineman and the strength of the JMU defense was their DL and front 7.

It is impossible to please everyone. Mess did a terrific job in his first year. Cannot wait for next year.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    The moment he does that, you would run to BV and complain that they stuffed the run and you don't understand why we would try to pound the rock when we have injured O lineman and the strength of the JMU defense was their DL and front 7.

It is impossible to please everyone. Mess did a terrific job in his first year. Cannot wait for next year.
    I would have complained about trying to "pound the rock" after what happened last year. JMU stacked the crap out of the box when Easton was under center.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Staff should be intact for next season, most likely. Coaches' convention has come and gone, lots of interviews happen at that time with hirings immediately following. If you follow Football Scoop you can watch the random remaining jobs get filled.

Things might get crazy in the MVFC over the next couple years. Klieman more than deserves a BIG job. Farley's sons have all come and gone, not sure how long he wants to put up with NDSU drinking his milkshake. Stig just bounced off of the glass ceiling. Nielson is no spring chicken and I'm surprised he didn't take the MAC job this offseason (you'd have to think Nielson bolts after next season). The guy at Missouri State was supposedly the next big thing but he can't seem to get any traction. Who else? They could ALL be gone next year!

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BadlandsBison View Post
    Staff should be intact for next season, most likely. Coaches' convention has come and gone, lots of interviews happen at that time with hirings immediately following. If you follow Football Scoop you can watch the random remaining jobs get filled.

Things might get crazy in the MVFC over the next couple years. Klieman more than deserves a BIG job. Farley's sons have all come and gone, not sure how long he wants to put up with NDSU drinking his milkshake. Stig just bounced off of the glass ceiling. Nielson is no spring chicken and I'm surprised he didn't take the MAC job this offseason (you'd have to think Nielson bolts after next season). The guy at Missouri State was supposedly the next big thing but he can't seem to get any traction. Who else? They could ALL be gone next year!
    Bub...?????

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    I would have complained about trying to "pound the rock" after what happened last year. JMU stacked the crap out of the box when Easton was under center.
    I'd encourage folks to watch that last drive; it did not matter; NDSU was imposing their will.

Hey, no coach is ever perfect. Like any great staff, I am sure they are self-evaluating and deciding what went well and what did not and trying to improve. Yes, many are going to criticize moves they make, but remember, I still realize we won the game and more than happy to provide comments ripping the JMU coach who made one of the worst clock management blunders I've seen and very well may have lost him the game.

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I'd encourage folks to watch that last drive; it did not matter; NDSU was imposing their will.

Hey, no coach is ever perfect. Like any great staff, I am sure they are self-evaluating and deciding what went well and what did not and trying to improve. Yes, many are going to criticize moves they make, but remember, I still realize we won the game and more than happy to provide comments ripping the JMU coach who made one of the worst clock management blunders I've seen and very well may have lost him the game.
    That drive resulted in zero points and added to our special team blunders but it ate up the clock & was by far my favorite drive of the game! JMU was on their heels most of the drive.

Lance Dunn's outside run was the main play on that drive. Everything else was short run/pass plays.

1st and 10 at NDSU 34
    (8:46 - 4th) Bruce Anderson run for 3 yds to the NDkSt 37

2nd and 7 at NDSU 37
    (8:13 - 4th) Bruce Anderson run for 5 yds to the NDkSt 42

3rd and 2 at NDSU 42
    (7:48 - 4th) Easton Stick pass complete to Darrius Shepherd for 5 yds to the NDkSt 47 for a 1ST down

1st and 10 at NDSU 47
    (7:14 - 4th) Lance Dunn run for 6 yds to the JMads 47

2nd and 4 at JMU 47
    (6:33 - 4th) Lance Dunn run for 21 yds to the JMads 26 for a 1ST down

1st and 10 at JMU 26
    (6:03 - 4th) Lance Dunn run for 3 yds to the JMads 23

2nd and 7 at JMU 23
    (5:24 - 4th) Bruce Anderson run for 2 yds to the JMads 21

3rd and 5 at JMU 21
    (4:42 - 4th) Easton Stick pass incomplete to Connor Wentz

4th and 5 at JMU 21
    (4:37 - 4th) Cam Pedersen 38 yd FG BLOCKED blocked by Simeyon Robinson
    Hail the BISON!!!

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

If memory serves me correctly didn’t TP leave for Iowa right after the Feb signing period? Maybe my memory is incorrect but I think there is a chance for some assistant coaches to still potentially leave at this point.