Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Coaching moves 2018

Default Re: Coaching moves 2018

Didn't see an off-topic thread anywhere, so I thought I would just leave this here. I assume most of you denizens of the great white north are Vikings fans, it's good to see you finally got some JMU flavor to a coaching staff up there. Flip is an outstanding guy, hope it works out.

http://www.vikings.com/news/article-...?sf181711877=1

Quote Originally Posted by JMUSteeler View Post
    Didn't see an off-topic thread anywhere, so I thought I would just leave this here. I assume most of you denizens of the great white north are Vikings fans, it's good to see you finally got some JMU flavor to a coaching staff up there. Flip is an outstanding guy, hope it works out.

Where did you find a on topic thread?

Quote Originally Posted by JMUSteeler View Post

Vikes will love Flip.
    Looking forward to Summit & MVFC[SIGPIC]

Back on topic... I was perusing this Department of Education database, and found some interesting stats on average assistant coach salaries. NDSU clearly pays their assistant coaches better than most if not all of the FCS, and may of the G5 schools... though salaries are not the only reason for retention, I believe they play a significant role in retaining our staff.

https://ope.ed.gov/athletics/#/

Here is a screen shot for a query comparing the top four from the Playoffs (NDSU in Column 1, JMU in #2 Column, SHSU in 3 and SDSU in #4)... it's very telling:

assistant coach avg salaries.jpg

edit: sorry... I have not figured out the paper way to insert images... but here is the bottom line:

For average salaries for Men's Assistant Coaches:

NDSU: $92,511
    JMU: $78,616
    SHSU: $58,693
    SDSU: $41,389
    Last edited by NovaBison; 02-12-2018 at 12:24 PM. Reason: unreadable image

Quote Originally Posted by NovaBison View Post
    Back on topic... I was perusing this Department of Education database, and found some interesting stats on average assistant coach salaries. NDSU clearly pays their assistant coaches better than most if not all of the FCS, and may of the G5 schools... though salaries are not the only reason for retention, I believe they play a significant role in retaining our staff.

Here is a screen shot for a query comparing the top four from the Playoffs (NDSU in Column 1, JMU in #2 Column, SHSU in 3 and SDSU in #4)... it's very telling:

edit: sorry... I have not figured out the paper way to insert images... but here is the bottom line:

We should. You pay your coaches like shit and they will leave every year. Anyone remember the D2 days when Montana State would poach our head coaches? Now we poach their assistant coaches. Had we not paid Bohl and Klieman some great salaries and had Bohl not written into his contract that we have to pay assistants in the top 10% we never would have built this dynasty..

The 3-8 2009 season had 1 coach from the 2005 season and the team failure had much to do with the revolving door of coaches and recruiting failures by all the turnover. It was capped of with our new DC Breske ruining our once great Tampa 2 defense by trying to reinvent the wheel

Klieman has only lost 2 coaches in 4 years and if we're lucky it will be 2 in 5 years. That's incredible even at the Power 5 level! These guys are experts in recruiting. This year's team will be 100 percent recruited by this coaching staff and even though some of the seniors were Bohl recruits, they were re-recruited. Although Goeser, Klieman, and Riley recruited many of them when they were with Bohl.

Keep bumping those salaries up every single year. I would like to see donors get the head coach up to the 600-700k range while getting all the assistants in the 120 range
    Last edited by HerdBot; 02-14-2018 at 04:41 AM.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by NovaBison View Post

but, but, but........money isn't everything.....Assistant coaches at SDSU qualify for EBT cards.........so, there's that.

totoinfl is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    but, but, but........money isn't everything.....Assistant coaches at SDSU qualify for EBT cards.........so, there's that.
    Oh SNAP....they will be in line for delivery of a Harvest Box

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    Yea, SDSU pays 44% of what we pay, but they make up for it by getting to live in beautiful Brookings (extreme purple)

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU1980 View Post
    Yea, SDSU pays 44% of what we pay, but they make up for it by getting to live in beautiful Brookings (extreme purple)
    Probably per hour pay is relatively equal it's just that sdsu doesn't play much in December and January.

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison20 View Post
    Probably per hour pay is relatively equal it's just that sdsu doesn't play much in December and January.
    They only have 1-day camps too.