Page 97 of 112 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Season Tickets

Default Re: 2018 Season Tickets

As HerdBot said, it is hard to predict the future. When the Dome was first built it wasn't more than about 57% full on average for football and didn't start to be a problem until, surprise, 2007 when it was still 95.5%. It was more than adequate for 15 years. The only games that it reached 18,000 were every other year when you know who came to town.
    Average attendance :
    1992--10,893
    1993--14988
    1994--14,105
    1995--11,871
    1996--14,745
    1997--12,511
    1998--11,589
    1999--11,393
    2000--12,723
    2001--12,115
    2002--10,,620
    2003--11,567
    2004--13,269
    2005--14,160
    2006--16,377
    2007--18,141
    2008--18,032
    Last edited by Vet70; 07-15-2018 at 08:31 PM.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

How much money is being left on the table is debatable. The cost for prime seating right now is above many P5 programs.

The lower seats in section 16 (Rows A-Z) took a while to sell because many of those people desiring season tickets recoiled from paying almost $2,000 a pop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    As HerdBot said, it is hard to predict the future. When the Dome was first built it wasn't more than about 57% full on average for football and didn't start to be a problem until, surprise, 2007 when it was still 95.5%. It was more than adequate for 15 years. The only games that it reached 18,000 were every other year when you know who came to town.
    Average attendance :
    1992--10,893
    1993--14988
    1994--14,105
    1995--11,871
    1996--14,745
    1997--12,511
    1998--11,589
    1999--11,393
    2000--12,723
    2001--12,115
    2002--10,,620
    2003--11,567
    2004--13,269
    2005--14,160
    2006--16,377
    2007--18,141
    2008--18,032
    We weren't D1 in 1988 when the dome was proposed and we hadn't seriously explored the idea. Had we had the D1 vision back then, I guarantee people would have thought bigger and there wouldn't have been any negativity toward a huge 25k seat stadium. Instead Bob Entzion exaggerates the attendance which created animosity and blow back.

Unfortunately Gene Taylor didnt come along until 2001. Had he been around in the late 80s, the dome would have been much bigger.

If we ever want to sell the people/ public on a bigger stadium, we sure as hell shouldn't make the same mistake we made back then. Tell the public "we want to move up" and that will change everything.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

DakotaOkie is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    FYI, the FargoDome was built as “100 year” building.
    I've never heard that statement before, but it slightly ridiculous. It might have been "sold" as a 100 year building, but just how many buildings remain viable for 100 years in an era of lowest bid contracting. Or put another way, how many 100 year old civic buildings remain viable without major remodeling or complete repurposing. Civil projects such as bridges are built for 50-75 year lives, dams upward of 100 years. I will stand by my unsubstantiated comment (aka "opinion") that this was built as ~30 year building. It will get stretched well beyond that but roofs fail, foundations move, and maintenance needs get out of hand. The updates that are needed over time get so expensive that starting over is the more viable option.
    Ironically, the very arguments made about seating needs supports the idea the building is reaching its obsolescence date. Not necessarliy because the building is worn out but is inadequately serving its purpose.
    Aren't off-season topics fun!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DakotaOkie View Post
    I've never heard that statement before, but it slightly ridiculous. It might have been "sold" as a 100 year building, but just how many buildings remain viable for 100 years in an era of lowest bid contracting.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

I've never heard that statement before, but it slightly ridiculous. It might have been "sold" as a 100 year building, but just how many buildings remain viable for 100 years in an era of lowest bid contracting. Or put another way, how many 100 year old civic buildings remain viable without major remodeling or complete repurposing. Civil projects such as bridges are built for 50-75 year lives, dams upward of 100 years. I will stand by my unsubstantiated comment (aka "opinion") that this was built as ~30 year building. It will get stretched well beyond that but roofs fail, foundations move, and maintenance needs get out of hand. The updates that are needed over time get so expensive that starting over is the more viable option.
    Ironically, the very arguments made about seating needs supports the idea the building is reaching its obsolescence date. Not necessarliy because the building is worn out but is inadequately serving its purpose.
    Nope, the 100 year thing has been used repeatedly over the years. In fact, it was only a few years ago that a FD leader mentioned that the FD shows no structural wear at the moment, and that the 100 year lifespan is just a starting point. With regular maintenance, the engineers that did the recent evaluation said its current lifespan is indefinite(the place is seriously overbuilt compared to most stadiums). But when FD people have talked about it, I seem to recall them always making a point of differentiating structural longevity from functional longevity, and that the FD will reach functional obsolescence many, many decades before it reaches structural obsolescence.

Anyway, incremental updates for the next twenty years. Once flood control is complete and the metro approaches 300k, then a major rebuild or replacement will be considered. So we've got a couple dozen more off-seasons of this to be looking forward to. Yay.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post
    Nope, the 100 year thing has been used repeatedly over the years. In fact, it was only a few years ago that a FD leader mentioned that the FD shows no structural wear at the moment, and that the 100 year lifespan is just a starting point. With regular maintenance, the engineers that did the recent evaluation said its current lifespan is indefinite(the place is seriously overbuilt compared to most stadiums). But when FD people have talked about it, I seem to recall them always making a point of differentiating structural longevity from functional longevity, and that the FD will reach functional obsolescence many, many decades before it reaches structural obsolescence.

Anyway, incremental updates for the next twenty years. Once flood control is complete and the metro approaches 300k, then a major rebuild or replacement will be considered. So we've got a couple dozen more off-seasons of this to be looking forward to. Yay.
    Yes, the phrase "100 year" building is something I got from a conversation I had with someone from the FargoDome.
    Hail the BISON!!!

With a bigger conference with bigger colleges on the schedule. NDSU easily could hit 40,000/game.

Upper deck seats for $20. (No fees) would sell like hot cakes. You got your 25-30k base we have now...then add $20 seats??

NDSU builds it and keeps all the revenue !!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

The Fargodome is built on 250 5 foot wide steel pilons dug 100 feet into the ground and reinforced with concrete. The building is pretty much all brick, steel, and concrete and it actually is built into the ground like a basement. Notice it's not ground level when you walk in and the field is lower. It's not extraordinary tall like a skyscraper either so the weight is evenly distributed so it's not going to tip over if a few of the 250 pilons fail.

And there are plenty of 100 year old buildings in Fargo. The Woodrow Wilson building is 101 years old and they just remodeled it. Roosevelt School was built in 1906 so that's what 112 years old? Jefferson School was built in 1922.
    Last edited by HerdBot; 07-16-2018 at 05:04 AM.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

You are under the false assumption that the FD was built for the NDSU football team. It was not. They used the football team as a selling point. It is serving its original function-purpose very well and will for many many more years.

(30yrs????? pfftttt)
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."