Page 86 of 112 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Season Tickets

Default Re: 2018 Season Tickets

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    So who can’t get tickets? Season tickets, yes they are limited. However, getting tickets to any game, home or away, are fairly easy to get. Sometimes it takes a little work and an extra few bucks, but it is still easy to get tickets to every single Bison game.

I’ve traveled to Fargo the past four or five years to attend at least one football game, and have yet to see the FargoDome with every seat filled. Yes, the game is technically sold out, but there are still numerous ways to get in the game. It’s the same issue we have at Mile High Stadium for Broncos games. The place has been sold out consecutively since 1970, but if anyone really wants to go they can get in. This is the twelfth season I’ve bought season tickets, and have rarely seen my section (534) at the 50 yard line at 100% capacity.

If the demand for tickets was as bad as some here claim it to be, the City and FargoDome would be doing something about it. Leaving five to ten thousand tickets per game at premium price would be too much money to pass up on. The reality of the issue is it probably isn’t that bad. I’m guessing the actual demand is around 1,500 tickets per game. That demand might not be big enough to make it cost effective to expand the seating in the FargoDome.

Using my iPhone to Tapatalk-a-tap-dance on the F’Hawking graves of dead feelings from those who worship Nazi-sympathizers.
    For the millionth time, your experiences finding tickets is not the average fan. This isn't about us on bisonville that follow the team religiously. This is about regular people that give up thinking they can't go.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    The Butler game at Target Field next year will be a good case study to see what the ticket demand truly is. They should be able to sell almost 40k tickets to that game if necessary. If they can get near that number for a game 230 miles from Fargo in a baseball stadium against a garbage opponent I think it's safe to say demand is significantly higher than just those who put in season ticket requests this year.
    As long as they market it well. I don't have high hopes about their marketing.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    As long as they market it well. I don't have high hopes about their marketing.
    I'm guessing the Twins will be involved in the marketing of the game. They will most likely make more money on the game than NDSU will.

533 In a row

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    So who can’t get tickets? Season tickets, yes they are limited. However, getting tickets to any game, home or away, are fairly easy to get. Sometimes it takes a little work and an extra few bucks, but it is still easy to get tickets to every single Bison game.

I’ve traveled to Fargo the past four or five years to attend at least one football game, and have yet to see the FargoDome with every seat filled. Yes, the game is technically sold out, but there are still numerous ways to get in the game. It’s the same issue we have at Mile High Stadium for Broncos games. The place has been sold out consecutively since 1970, but if anyone really wants to go they can get in. This is the twelfth season I’ve bought season tickets, and have rarely seen my section (534) at the 50 yard line at 100% capacity.

If the demand for tickets was as bad as some here claim it to be, the City and FargoDome would be doing something about it. Leaving five to ten thousand tickets per game at premium price would be too much money to pass up on. The reality of the issue is it probably isn’t that bad. I’m guessing the actual demand is around 1,500 tickets per game. That demand might not be big enough to make it cost effective to expand the seating in the FargoDome.

Using my iPhone to Tapatalk-a-tap-dance on the F’Hawking graves of dead feelings from those who worship Nazi-sympathizers.
    The fact that it takes extra work and extra dollars proves that its definitely NOT easy to get into a game haha. Easy to get into a game would be on August 1 (or whatever) when single game tickets go on sale, logging on and grabbing tickets for a family of 4-5 to a game of your choice as long as you log in within the first 30 minutes.

A casual fan who wants to get ONE DAMN TICKET cannot do so via single game tickets a majority of the time if its not standing room or scalped off of someone in the lot.

Every year for the last 6 years, I've bought my dad and I tickets to one regular season game each year. Its an absolute disaster, only once since 2012 (in 2012 in fact), was I able to actually log on at box office opening and actually get two tickets together- its outrageous (Its awesome that our fan base is great, but terrible for the casual fans who just want to go to one game).

that being said, I have still been able to get into these games with my dad. Ive had to message a bunch of people on here who have helped me out, Scalped tickets for 200% face value in the tailgate, Borrow a pair of student ID's from friends in the band and sit in the student section- but I would never describe my efforts as EASY haha. This year I became a TM just so I could guarantee that I get into ONE game. I'm not complaining about the TM fee, I'm just saying if the only way you can guarantee that you can get into one of SEVEN home games is to pay an additional 50$ a ticket, by definition, is not "easy"

Logging on to the website and picking a seat is "easy". My office has thought of bringing a group of clients to Bison games all the time, but its actually impossible. IMPOSSIBLE. as in, our office is not going to fork out thousands of dollars in donations just so we can get a group of 20 seats together or a suite. it is anything but "easy".

My friend and his wife wanted to go to the SDSU game two years ago. I told them that they can go a few different routes:
    1. Be lucky caller 7 on Bison1660
    2. Create an account on a chat forum (BV) and ask a bunch of people you don't know to meet you at a gas station and pay extra for their tickets
    3. Get a time machine, donate 100$ 6 months in advance and then you can MAYBE go to this game.
    4. Take the 5 hour drive from Mankato and go to the tailgating lot and HOPE someone magically no longer wants to go to the game and pay literally double for the tickets.

uhhhh yeah, I don't think they described this process as "easy" hahah, my goodness.

I am willing to go through these extra steps. they are anything but "easy". having to donate extra money months in advance or go through back alley scalping is the definition of NOT EASY TO GET TICKETS
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

We should do a one time experiment where students aren't allowed to attend and try to sell those tickets to the general public.

It would be interesting to see how fast they sell and how many get sold.
    http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/1500/gobisoncy9.gif

This may shock people, but the idea of using a secondary market to get Bison tickets is a foreign concept to many, many folks. Thus, pay attention to what Mankato and EZQB are saying; don't dismiss them as this is a very real issue. NDSU would be wise to facilitate a directly linked secondary marketplace considering the situation. (heck, they get to double dip if they do this!) Someone mentioned flashseats, but that is just one option. I think NDSU is leaving serious dough on the table, and could serve their fans better by doing it.

With all this said, I betting the secondary market will be easier this year with the increased inventory provided folks try to unload unused seats.

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    The fact that it takes extra work and extra dollars proves that its definitely NOT easy to get into a game haha. Easy to get into a game would be on August 1 (or whatever) when single game tickets go on sale, logging on and grabbing tickets for a family of 4-5 to a game of your choice as long as you log in within the first 30 minutes.

A casual fan who wants to get ONE DAMN TICKET cannot do so via single game tickets a majority of the time if its not standing room or scalped off of someone in the lot.

Every year for the last 6 years, I've bought my dad and I tickets to one regular season game each year. Its an absolute disaster, only once since 2012 (in 2012 in fact), was I able to actually log on at box office opening and actually get two tickets together- its outrageous (Its awesome that our fan base is great, but terrible for the casual fans who just want to go to one game).

that being said, I have still been able to get into these games with my dad. Ive had to message a bunch of people on here who have helped me out, Scalped tickets for 200% face value in the tailgate, Borrow a pair of student ID's from friends in the band and sit in the student section- but I would never describe my efforts as EASY haha. This year I became a TM just so I could guarantee that I get into ONE game. I'm not complaining about the TM fee, I'm just saying if the only way you can guarantee that you can get into one of SEVEN home games is to pay an additional 50$ a ticket, by definition, is not "easy"

Logging on to the website and picking a seat is "easy". My office has thought of bringing a group of clients to Bison games all the time, but its actually impossible. IMPOSSIBLE. as in, our office is not going to fork out thousands of dollars in donations just so we can get a group of 20 seats together or a suite. it is anything but "easy".

My friend and his wife wanted to go to the SDSU game two years ago. I told them that they can go a few different routes:
    1. Be lucky caller 7 on Bison1660
    2. Create an account on a chat forum (BV) and ask a bunch of people you don't know to meet you at a gas station and pay extra for their tickets
    3. Get a time machine, donate 100$ 6 months in advance and then you can MAYBE go to this game.
    4. Take the 5 hour drive from Mankato and go to the tailgating lot and HOPE someone magically no longer wants to go to the game and pay literally double for the tickets.

uhhhh yeah, I don't think they described this process as "easy" hahah, my goodness.

I am willing to go through these extra steps. they are anything but "easy". having to donate extra money months in advance or go through back alley scalping is the definition of NOT EASY TO GET TICKETS
    While I agree that the process isn't easy the bolded part is actually fairly common and I've taken advantage of it several times myself to get tickets for face value or less during tailgating. I think a lot of folks who manage big groups of tickets "hold" them for people who can't commit and end up with extras on game day because of it. I've seen it advertised plenty of times as I walk around the lot when I haven't been looking for tickets as well. Of course I live in Fargo and have season tickets so if I do get extras it's for others looking to go but it's not that hard to do.

In fact I bet if you walk around the tailgate lot with a sign or t-shirt that says "Will trade beer for tickets" you'd probably not only get tickets but (more) beer, food, and friendly banter as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    While I agree that the process isn't easy the bolded part is actually fairly common and I've taken advantage of it several times myself to get tickets for face value or less during tailgating. I think a lot of folks who manage big groups of tickets "hold" them for people who can't commit and end up with extras on game day because of it. I've seen it advertised plenty of times as I walk around the lot when I haven't been looking for tickets as well. Of course I live in Fargo and have season tickets so these are extras I pick up for others looking to go but it's not that hard to do.

In fact I bet if you walk around the tailgate lot with a sign or t-shirt that says "Will trade beer for tickets" you'd probably not only get tickets but (more) beer, food, and friendly banter as well.
    Absolutely true, haha. I did tell them that no matter what they would have an awesome time in the tailgating lot and would be treated very well, but no guarantee of tix. They didn't end up going of course haha.
    Not a bad idea with the t shirt though..... CAN WE GET A STORE GOING HERE?? FOR REAL THOUGH? I'm starting a new thread....
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

It is an awesome problem to have. Is there another team in the FCS with this issue? Maybe Montana?

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by No_Skill View Post
    We should do a one time experiment where students aren't allowed to attend and try to sell those tickets to the general public.

It would be interesting to see how fast they sell and how many get sold.
    No.

10charac

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    This may shock people, but the idea of using a secondary market to get Bison tickets is a foreign concept to many, many folks. Thus, pay attention to what Mankato and EZQB are saying; don't dismiss them as this is a very real issue. NDSU would be wise to facilitate a directly linked secondary marketplace considering the situation. (heck, they get to double dip if they do this!) Someone mentioned flashseats, but that is just one option. I think NDSU is leaving serious dough on the table, and could serve their fans better by doing it.

With all this said, I betting the secondary market will be easier this year with the increased inventory provided folks try to unload unused seats.
    I agree, NDSU should think seriously about a formal partner in the secondary market.

Buying on the secondary market isn’t any harder than buying direct, but it is another thing that you need to be aware of and learn the process. It’s pretty straightforward but it is a new thing still for many and that’s not nothing. If you want tickets you pay in some combination of money and inconvienece. People complaining about not being able to get tickets are simply saying the cost, whether it’s their time or their money, is too high.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie