Page 28 of 112 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Season Tickets

Default Re: 2018 Season Tickets

250 points puts you about 875 in priority point rank I think

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    If it development ranking pretty good. If its 150 points. Not good. [emoji3]
    Eeh.

Thought he meant development ranking.

Yeah. 150 points won't do it. I'd assume somewhere close to 290-310 will be the requirement.

Remember. Put in for season and single game tickets.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

GOB1SON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by IBleedYellow View Post
    Eeh.

Thought he meant development ranking.

Yeah. 150 points won't do it. I'd assume somewhere close to 290-310 will be the requirement.

Remember. Put in for season and single game tickets.

I don't need tickets. Was just wondering if a $7500 donation would get someone in the mix and had no idea where that would rank.

And I don't believe that there will be a huge demand for the new seats. I'm sorry, I just don't. I think I posted this before, but our accountant told us that several of his clients are dropping at least a portion of their seats. No tax-benefit. Rising prices. Been there, done that attitude. I bet there aren't a ton of folks that put in for lower 16... unless you are looking to move out of lower 17, 18, etc... to save some money which will then open up those seats and some of those seats are going to open up anyway due to the price increase.
    The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft-living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life...

Quote Originally Posted by GOB1SON View Post
    I don't need tickets. Was just wondering if a $7500 donation would get someone in the mix and had no idea where that would rank.

And I don't believe that there will be a huge demand for the new seats. I'm sorry, I just don't. I think I posted this before, but our accountant told us that several of his clients are dropping at least a portion of their seats. No tax-benefit. Rising prices. Been there, done that attitude. I bet there aren't a ton of folks that put in for lower 16... unless you are looking to move out of lower 17, 18, etc... to save some money which will then open up those seats and some of those seats are going to open up anyway due to the price increase.
    Awesome.

Glad to hear it. Hopefully I can finally get season tickets.

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I think your underestimating demand, there is a wait list that will fill half the new section or more

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    Yes football they have to claim a student ticket ($0 cost to student) during the week, which started about the time they expanded to the south end zone sections.

Sent by my phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

It seems like it is very much to the advantage of the students who come to have the cost buried in student fees, particularly of so many students who don't go to games. it will be interesting to see what happens when the student sections are full. Iowa State significantly oversells student general admission season tickets, so occasionally, they have gotten close to the point of turning students away.
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016

perthbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Honeybooboo View Post
    I think your underestimating demand, there is a wait list that will fill half the new section or more
    Wether I land tickets or not this will be fun to watch play out. Your assment isn’t wrong but but I’m thinking like Gobison on this one.. without the tax benefit some of the high ticket holders will likely reduce their holdings or aren’t looking for more. No doubt some on the wait list are thinking they can always sell any they don’t want to use but you’ll lose money on them unless they are in the end zone with smaller TM fees.

stevdock is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by perthbison View Post
    Wether I land tickets or not this will be fun to watch play out. Your assment isn’t wrong but but I’m thinking like Gobison on this one.. without the tax benefit some of the high ticket holders will likely reduce their holdings or aren’t looking for more. No doubt some on the wait list are thinking they can always sell any they don’t want to use but you’ll lose money on them unless they are in the end zone with smaller TM fees.
    I hope you guys are right and I do believe you are right. I just put in a request for tickets for the first time in a few years because at least this year there is hope of getting season tickets. I wonder how many people like me how had given up hope but are now interested because there is actually a chance to get in the door.

The athletic department will at least get a good idea of the actual demand out there.

I don't know any individuals that buy tickets simply for the charity tax deductions; rather, it is just a nice perk for most. Thus, IMPO I don't think that it matters all that much to the individual. Now, where I do think it matters is when it comes to businesses. In 2018, businesses will no longer be able to use tickets as a tax write off for business promotional purposes, schmoosing cleints, or claiming the game as a business meeting etc.....this is where it will matter. I can see some of the business owned seats giving them up cuz now they are on the hook for the full price.