Page 13 of 112 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Season Tickets

Default Re: 2018 Season Tickets

Quote Originally Posted by kab1one View Post
    Question to the thread. How interested were you in football games when you went to NDSU? I attended 1984-1988. Bentrim, Stock Year dynasty. Went to 1 game in 3 falls. Later living in Denver, went to two NDSU games in Greeley, and a couple of games at St. Cloud while living in St. Cloud.

Had season tickets going back to the early Bohl Years.

Point being, I go to the games now, would add a couple of more tickets if available, but had very little interest in NDSU while in college.
    Averaged about 4 home games a season.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNeil View Post
    Well, it probably contributed but in reality Bohl’s inability to recruit a QB led to the 3-8 season. He went two consecutive years without signing a QB. At those press conferences the first year he said that they couldn’t put that much scholarship money into one position, the second year he said there were NO Division I QBs in their recruiting area, which was across 8-9 states. It was pure bullshit. The lack of an effective QB group that could compete with each other for the starting job is what ultimately led to a 3-8 season.
    The QB group that season was about reason #19 for the dismal season. This horse really is dead but it is kind of frustrating when when people want to revise history. There are already some very good discussions out there about the reasons. It is also pretty well thought out if there was any other AD on the planet here, Bohl would have not seen the next season. No sort of money would have fixed all of that.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNeil View Post
    Well, it probably contributed but in reality Bohl’s inability to recruit a QB led to the 3-8 season. He went two consecutive years without signing a QB. At those press conferences the first year he said that they couldn’t put that much scholarship money into one position, the second year he said there were NO Division I QBs in their recruiting area, which was across 8-9 states. It was pure bullshit. The lack of an effective QB group that could compete with each other for the starting job is what ultimately led to a 3-8 season.
    Ok your one of the guys that blamed mertens for the loss in Wyoming when wuzindropper and butterhands quist couldn’t catch a cold... and for sure when we lost at Youngstown giving up almost 600 yards... that teams defense was terrible and the reason they lost get a grip

gumby013 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Looking good Billy Ray!

Quote Originally Posted by kab1one View Post
    Question to the thread. How interested were you in football games when you went to NDSU? I attended 1984-1988. Bentrim, Stock Year dynasty. Went to 1 game in 3 falls. Later living in Denver, went to two NDSU games in Greeley, and a couple of games at St. Cloud while living in St. Cloud.Had season tickets going back to the early Bohl Years. Point being, I go to the games now, would add a couple of more tickets if available, but had very little interest in NDSU while in college.
    I went to every game unless I had to work.
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.

Quote Originally Posted by aces1180 View Post
    I went to every game unless I had to work.
    Same. We'd huddle around the back of a SUV with a couple of beers and some hot dogs in the West lot it costs thousands of dollars to be in now. Super low key and nobody cared.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Students have not had that section since the dome opened...Kolpack didn't do his research...

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    Students have not had that section since the dome opened...Kolpack didn't do his research...
    Student Government fought very hard for those seats if I remember correctly. Didn't it get a little nasty and even the threat of withholding student fees from athletics?

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    Student Government fought very hard for those seats if I remember correctly. Didn't it get a little nasty and even the threat of withholding student fees from athletics?
    I don't think they want that fight now. The subsidy is pretty small now compared to what it used to be in the DII days. They could take two more sections and almost cover the whole cost.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    The QB group that season was about reason #19 for the dismal season. This horse really is dead but it is kind of frustrating when when people want to revise history. There are already some very good discussions out there about the reasons. It is also pretty well thought out if there was any other AD on the planet here, Bohl would have not seen the next season. No sort of money would have fixed all of that.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Bad recruiting, high attrition, high coaching turnover, huge list. Much of the bad recruiting was due to turnover as new coaches didn't have the pipelines built. 2007-2008 had some good players but super high attrition
    Last edited by HerdBot; 04-11-2018 at 04:11 PM.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com