Page 84 of 112 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Season Tickets

Default Re: 2018 Season Tickets

Quote Originally Posted by DakotaOkie View Post
    There is a huge difference in dropping what you are doing to watch a game on TV versus dropping the day or weekend plus several thousand dollars for tickets, lodging, food, etc over the course of a season. I really enjoy Bison football but have zero chance of buying/using tickets for Fargo at any price. Believe me when I say that once TV coverage disappears for one reason or another there will be other things to do.
    TV coverage will disappear?

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    I don't think tv coverage will disappear. Not sure if that's what he meant. The way it's viewed might change, (online vs open air tv) but we are a long ways from the coverage going away.

DakotaOkie is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    No, did not mean that literally, but it could essentially happen once the inevitable conference realignments come about (P5, G5, etc) and the resulting costs to view exceed the desires to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    [/B]

Considering how low they went down the list I dont think the season ticket group requests is as big as one thinks. I also think that a certain number of people couldnt afford the expensive tickets so the opted out which moved the list lower. Now it you are talking about the fans that want to come to a game every now and then and wont come because tickets just arent readily available then I will agree with you.

To be truthful I dont know if we would sell out if we had an additional 5k seats.
    It is possible that you have another issue going on that people have just quit trying to get tickets because the perception is that they are impossible to get. That perception maybe artificially suppressing the market, or at least skewing the metric downward.
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

Quote Originally Posted by JMB View Post
    It is possible that you have another issue going on that people have just quit trying to get tickets because the perception is that they are impossible to get. That perception maybe artificially suppressing the market, or at least skewing the metric downward.
    No question in my mind that is, at the very least, PART of the issue.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    No question in my mind that is, at the very least, PART of the issue.
    That, and ticket prices(including TM dues) are pricing people out. Not that this is necessarily a bad thing. If you've got limited supply, the target(if your goal is to maximize revenue) is to increase prices until everyone who is willing to pay for a ticket, has one. (Yes, there are negatives to this approach.)

The funny thing is, you can actually lose revenue if you expand seating to the wrong level. Not that I think we'll have to face that decision anytime soon.

Don’t tickets usually get mailed out about now? Always the best day of the year.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Most ignorant decision ever to stay at same capacity for next 15 plus years. Those with decision making power are pussies who have no balls. Our current AD Matt Larson has no balls.

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Most ignorant decision ever to stay at same capacity for next 15 plus years. Those with decision making power are pussies who have no balls. Our current AD Matt Larson has no balls.
    SD right again

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

...but... no one at NDSU has the authority to make Fargodome capacity decisions.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk