Page 22 of 112 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Season Tickets

Default Re: 2018 Season Tickets

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Some thoughts:

1. People keep implying, likely NOT intentionally, that the students voting down an activity fee increase was bad since they pay less than other valley and Summit schools. I am not sure what planet folks people are from, but in my world that is something to be proud of and a big reason I recommend NDSU. (It should NOT be the students job to subsidize athletics; see USD for a horrible example of that.)
    2. I've said for years the way to work this out is to sell more of the student seats and this is exactly what they are doing. (I had said give them until Wednesday each week, then sell what is left.) I also said the students should demand a cut of that action, and that is exactly what they got.

So this was a very well thought out win/win for all. Heck, say I was going to school now and always sitting in the prime sec 16 tickets every game like I did in the olden days. While I would not be entirely happy, my student fees would be going down and I know my only penalty is moving over one section. Deals don't get much better than that. Plus, NDSU made me proud by further lowering an already relatively low activity fee. Great work Mr. Larson. I've been critical on many issues, but this sure will not be one of them!

So you are now off of "no tickets for you" probation. What on earth are we going to have to give you crap about now????????

I do agree this was done well and should make the Athletic department better. The timing was right as the usage of the seats was down by students and demand was still high for those seats. This is a once in a decade chance for people to move around a bit en mass. It is going to quite a bit of work for the department but will work out.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    So you are now off of "no tickets for you" probation. What on earth are we going to have to give you crap about now????????
    Ye have little faith. As of this hour, I still do not have season tickets, and my current PP ranking is #1620 and couple that with current holder expanding and gobbling up the seats, I am very confident I will be shut out. So, the fun for you should continue....
    Last edited by THEsocalledfan; 04-12-2018 at 07:10 PM.

Ye have little faith. As of this hour, I still do not have season tickets, and my current PP ranking is #1620 and couple that with current holder expanding and gobbling up the seats, I am very confident I will be shut out. So, the fun for you should continue....
    NOOOOOOOOOO We need you to get tickets you have done your penance!!!!!!!

Well, if I do get them, you can make fun all of my typos!

Simple. Convince those milk drinkers in section 21 that it is time to move over to 16 in the big boy seats.

Trickle-down season tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by kab1one View Post
    Question to the thread. How interested were you in football games when you went to NDSU? I attended 1984-1988. Bentrim, Stock Year dynasty. Went to 1 game in 3 falls. Later living in Denver, went to two NDSU games in Greeley, and a couple of games at St. Cloud while living in St. Cloud.

Had season tickets going back to the early Bohl Years.

Point being, I go to the games now, would add a couple of more tickets if available, but had very little interest in NDSU while in college.
    Went to SU from '85 - '90. Rarely missed a home season game. Playoffs were different, thought. Usually too dam cold or a blizzard, so I didn't go to as many of those.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    I'd use the money for other sports. The coaches ndsu football loses currently seems to be about career advancement AND money. 40-50k isn't going to keep a dude here that wants an opportunity at a coordinator job somewhere solid or a position coach spot at a good place.

Could be wrong though.
    Screw the other sports. Why should football subsidize the other sports. They should bring in their own revenue.
    Last edited by LITTLEGUYSINGREEN; 04-12-2018 at 10:27 PM.

Bison Loaf is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    "The football hotbed of the high plains."

Well, he hasn't taken care of all that nasty General Admission Tailgating Lot shrinkage yet, so there is that.

Also, I doubt if he's done anything about making sure The Foo Fighters don't plan their damn concerts anymore during Bison Football home games.

I don't see how he can expect to get season tickets until these two very basic and simple tasks are completed to our general satisfaction.

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    Ok your one of the guys that blamed mertens for the loss in Wyoming when wuzindropper and butterhands quist couldn’t catch a cold... and for sure when we lost at Youngstown giving up almost 600 yards... that teams defense was terrible and the reason they lost get a grip

LOL. Merten's sucked and cost us plenty of games, including the Wyoming loss.
    Last edited by LITTLEGUYSINGREEN; 04-12-2018 at 10:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LITTLEGUYSINGREEN View Post
    Screw the other sports. Why should football subsidize the other sports. They should bring in there own revenue.
    Careful, you're starting to sound like a "teh hockies only" fan at UND.