Page 19 of 112 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Season Tickets

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Default Re: 2018 Season Tickets

Tis the season to donate.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    Did you not read everything so far? They did work with the students. Student fees were negotiated, SRO was negotiated, and for a student body who does not consistently show up, they were very well taken care of. In terms of total numbers, not a single loss for the students.

I am all about the students when it comes to college events, but this is a win/win. Not only was this communicated with the students, the students participated in this every step of the way.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    This is a win/win? Talk about blinders. In no way is this a win for the students. How much do you think that 100k changes the per semester fee to an individual student? My guess is $3. As somebody who occupied the lower rows of section 16 throughout college, this is a huge loss to the students...the rabid ones...the important ones. Student government "participated" yes...but to think they had any power in those negotiations is silly. I understand the different sides on this...but to say this is a win for the students irritates me.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    This is a win/win? Talk about blinders. In no way is this a win for the students. How much do you think that 100k changes the per semester fee to an individual student? My guess is $3. As somebody who occupied the lower rows of section 16 throughout college, this is a huge loss to the students...the rabid ones...the important ones. Student government "participated" yes...but to think they had any power in those negotiations is silly. I understand the different sides on this...but to say this is a win for the students irritates me.
    People are self serving if you had not noticed .... if these people still don’t get season tickets watch them say how terrible it was for students

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    People are self serving if you had not noticed .... if these people still don’t get season tickets watch them say how terrible it was for students
    So much truth there. I understand people wanting tickets...but the comment that it was a win/win just blows my mind. Funny how people can justify things.

Now td577 please don't take this as a personal attack. You are good guy...never would say otherwise. My comment was in response to you...but my response was to the overall opinion.

I won't go so far as to say it was a great deal for the students, but I won't say it was a bad deal, either.

If anything this is a great deal for Teammakers because I can only imagine the amount of meetings, emails and calls that Pat and others had to have on a monthly basis from donors who are giving large amounts of $$$$ each year without even really getting anything more than single game tickets.

Something had to give to attempt to appease those donors - this hopefully accomplishes that.

The students losing their prime section sucks....but they still can be right next door to it.

Would have preferred that the students been able to keep the better seats. Rush seating is ok would also like to see them investigate ticketing the student section.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Quote Originally Posted by IBleedYellow View Post
    I won't go so far as to say it was a great deal for the students, but I won't say it was a bad deal, either.

If anything this is a great deal for Teammakers because I can only imagine the amount of meetings, emails and calls that Pat and others had to have on a monthly basis from donors who are giving large amounts of $$$$ each year without even really getting anything more than single game tickets.

Something had to give to attempt to appease those donors - this hopefully accomplishes that.

The students losing their prime section sucks....but they still can be right next door to it.
    That would be like saying you can't have your dream car, but you can park next to it.

For what it's worth, I emailed Matt Larsen asking him to reconsider the lower 16 rows staying with the students. I know it will do no good...but at least I did something rather than just complaining on here. I probably should have called.

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    Has attendance for students been an issue for the last few years or was last season the first?

It seems like there are 3 main factors in getting student attendance:

1. A good product. Check.
    2. Peer pressure (having a critical mass of students going). Check.
    3. Limited supply (having a risk that you will miss out). Check.

Seems like you have had #1 and #2, but now you have #3.
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016

RedRiver is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    The students have no one to blame but their own student government. They agreed to this so from the outside it looks like it should be a win for the students.

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Alot of those people already have 12 tickets. Plus I dont think many will be as piggy as you think. I know people who are only going to request 2 more because they wanted others to have a shot at tickets. But 567 tickets isnt really that many to start with.
    Is there much of a scalper mentality among season ticket holders, especially the top ones? Maybe it isn't so much to maximize profits, but to barter among themselves (or through the Ticket Office) in order to get more tickets to certain games (and dispose of tickets for other games)?
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016