Page 14 of 112 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Season Tickets

Default Re: 2018 Season Tickets

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    Student Government fought very hard for those seats if I remember correctly. Didn't it get a little nasty and even the threat of withholding student fees from athletics?
    Yeah, I believe that is right. They were fighting for 50 yard line, but dealt for the 35. I understand taking a section away if they aren't filling them up consistently...but taking their best section isn't right either.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

A comprehensive article would include asking Josh exactly how many student tickets were used for each of the nine home games last season.

533 In a row

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    Yeah, I believe that is right. They were fighting for 50 yard line, but dealt for the 35. I understand taking a section away if they aren't filling them up consistently...but taking their best section isn't right either.
    As a student, Section 16 was the only section worth being in.

Now as an alum, if I can get into Section 16 for less than 2k/year I'm going to be excited about it.

perthbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Has anyone computed the approximate per seat per game cost on these new seats including all fees?

Quote Originally Posted by perthbison View Post
    Has anyone computed the approximate per seat per game cost on these new seats including all fees?
    1682 / 7 ~ 240
    732/ 7 ~ 104
    557 /7 ~ 79

I attended NDSU from 1986 to 1991 and probably went to at least 95% of the home games along with some games when I was still in High school. I bought a pair of season tickets in 1995 when they had some that didn't require you to be a Team Maker and then we moved out of state the next year.

Quote Originally Posted by kab1one View Post
    Question to the thread. How interested were you in football games when you went to NDSU? I attended 1984-1988. Bentrim, Stock Year dynasty. Went to 1 game in 3 falls. Later living in Denver, went to two NDSU games in Greeley, and a couple of games at St. Cloud while living in St. Cloud.

Had season tickets going back to the early Bohl Years.

Point being, I go to the games now, would add a couple of more tickets if available, but had very little interest in NDSU while in college.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I added this in the Teamakers thread also:

Mcfeeley talking about the New Season ticket section, says it BS to take away because the student section is "generally Full"

Starting a controversy where there really isn't one

Quote Originally Posted by Honeybooboo View Post

Mcfeeley talking about the New Season ticket section, says it BS to take away because the student section is "generally Full"

That is what he does. Click bait on a story and just take the other side of an argument just to be that guy. He is good at it also.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Honeybooboo View Post

I don’t like that they are doing it. But I am also a realist and see the upside. They should be able to figure out a way to cram students in their section.
    I went to very few football games when I went to college and more basketball games.
    Of course I went to Murray State so there was a very good reason.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    I don't think they want that fight now. The subsidy is pretty small now compared to what it used to be in the DII days. They could take two more sections and almost cover the whole cost.
    That probably wouldn't be a good long term strategy. These are your future donors/season ticket holders. The fewer that build a bond with football games, the fewer that want to attend later.

Taking a section is fine. Just disagree with the section they took.
    College of Business Alumnus