Page 85 of 112 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Season Tickets

perthbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2018 Season Tickets

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Most ignorant decision ever to stay at same capacity for next 15 plus years. Those with decision making power are pussies who have no balls. Our current AD Matt Larson has no balls.
    The first sentence of your post has merit imo. We're never going to know how much potential there is here but I believe it's much more than the naysayers believe.

Most ignorant decision ever to stay at same capacity for next 15 plus years. Those with decision making power are pussies who have no balls. Our current AD Matt Larson has no balls.
    Best thing about a NDSU OWNED 42,000 stadium? Upper deck tickets for $25/each no fees and watch it fill up-!!!!! And NDSU gets all the revenue
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

DIBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    ...but... no one at NDSU has the authority to make Fargodome capacity decisions.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
    So true, yet those that criticize always ignore facts such as this.

Quote Originally Posted by DIBISON View Post
    So true, yet those that criticize always ignore facts such as this.
    The fact is they are doing nothing about it. Just basking in the glory of another championship season while thousands of people are locked out of getting tickets.....ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    Don’t tickets usually get mailed out about now? Always the best day of the year.
    Yes but with the shuffling and adding tickets that just ended might be a slight delay this year.

Sent by my phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

The fact is they are doing nothing about it. Just basking in the glory of another championship season while thousands of people are locked out of getting tickets.....ever!
    There’s a difference between doing nothing and haven’t solved the problem yet.

Also, Their job is to run an athletic department, not to ensure everyone gets a seat in a building they don’t control for whatever price they happen to feel like paying that day.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

So who can’t get tickets? Season tickets, yes they are limited. However, getting tickets to any game, home or away, are fairly easy to get. Sometimes it takes a little work and an extra few bucks, but it is still easy to get tickets to every single Bison game.

I’ve traveled to Fargo the past four or five years to attend at least one football game, and have yet to see the FargoDome with every seat filled. Yes, the game is technically sold out, but there are still numerous ways to get in the game. It’s the same issue we have at Mile High Stadium for Broncos games. The place has been sold out consecutively since 1970, but if anyone really wants to go they can get in. This is the twelfth season I’ve bought season tickets, and have rarely seen my section (534) at the 50 yard line at 100% capacity.

If the demand for tickets was as bad as some here claim it to be, the City and FargoDome would be doing something about it. Leaving five to ten thousand tickets per game at premium price would be too much money to pass up on. The reality of the issue is it probably isn’t that bad. I’m guessing the actual demand is around 1,500 tickets per game. That demand might not be big enough to make it cost effective to expand the seating in the FargoDome.

Using my iPhone to Tapatalk-a-tap-dance on the F’Hawking graves of dead feelings from those who worship Nazi-sympathizers.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    So who can’t get tickets?

The students.

Lardsin must go!

The Butler game at Target Field next year will be a good case study to see what the ticket demand truly is. They should be able to sell almost 40k tickets to that game if necessary. If they can get near that number for a game 230 miles from Fargo in a baseball stadium against a garbage opponent I think it's safe to say demand is significantly higher than just those who put in season ticket requests this year.

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    The students.
    It will be very interesting to see student attendance this fall with losing their most prime section. Will they now be full all the time? Outside of Homecoming, will there be a shortage of seats? I think it would work out fine, but will be following that story.