Page 76 of 112 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Season Tickets

Default Re: 2018 Season Tickets

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    And what a difference 8 years makes.

This quote is particularly rich. Someone should hang it in the SHAC somewhere.

"It’s the truth that NDSU never will have an athletic program in any sport to rival the prestige and success of Sioux hockey. For a school and city that like to think of themselves as bigger and better,* that hurts. Always has. Always will."

Talk about ‘arrogance’ (whioux fans like to throw that word around a lot these days).

And who the hell is “Virg Foss”? Never heard of him.

*That’s because we are
    Virg Foss was a sports writer for over 30 years for the Grand Forks Herald. He is now retired, but for years was regarded as thee authority on UND hockey.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    And what a difference 8 years makes.

This quote is particularly rich. Someone should hang it in the SHAC somewhere.

"It’s the truth that NDSU never will have an athletic program in any sport to rival the prestige and success of Sioux hockey. For a school and city that like to think of themselves as bigger and better,* that hurts. Always has. Always will."

Talk about ‘arrogance’ (whioux fans like to throw that word around a lot these days).

And who the hell is “Virg Foss”? Never heard of him.

*That’s because we are
    put it in the SHAC, and then put it in the new IPF, put it in every weight room, put it in the rafters of the FFD, hahah. That is funniest thing I've read this year
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    NDSU winning apathy

Deep sigh! "Winning apathy!" Must be terrible.
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016

Quote Originally Posted by CyPanth View Post
    Deep sigh! "Winning apathy!" Must be terrible.
    Its real. Big reason students gave up a bunch of tickets without really any fight. Plus, you'll see lots of open season ticket holder seats for the non-premium games......

Quote Originally Posted by Farmer63 View Post
    Still a favorite of mine... even after all these years. Oh how times have changed. Poor Virg, little did he know how wrong he would be.

Grand Forks Herald article written by Virg Foss (UND hockey analyst) on Dec. 1, 2010

There comes a time in life when years of bickering, boasting and belittling between fanatical fans of the UND Fighting Sioux and NDSU Bison can be settled in a day. It happened last Saturday in fact.

Amid much hoopla and rejoicing in Fargo, the Bison finally got to play their first football playoff game ever in the Fargodome.
    You couldn’t dial in a Fargo radio station all week without being besieged with commercials imploring fans to back the Bison. The 18-year-old drought without a single playoff game in the Fargodome finally ended. Bison strong. Be there. Be herd, the ads said.

In a dome seating more than 18,000 for football, a paltry 12,000 plus change showed up for the Bison game against Robert Morris last Saturday night.

That night in Grand Forks, 11,742 fans — a hundred over official capacity — showed up at Ralph Engelstad Arena for the nonconference hockey game between the Fighting Sioux and Notre Dame.

There were ready-made excuses to be had in both cities. Classes were not in session at either school. It was Thanksgiving weekend. People were gone. Yet 6,000 fans showed up in the Fargodome dressed as empty seats. Up I-29 in Grand Forks, there were people outside one of the world’s greatest rinks trying to buy any extra tickets. It was a hot topic of discussion in a group of friends I’ve met with outside the rink between periods for years now.

Bison fans have been waiting nearly two decades for a playoff game in the Fargodome. Yet when one came along, one-third of them — 6,000 — didn’t show up.

Where were they? “They are up here watching Sioux hockey,” quipped one of the fellows in our group gathering outside that night. Zing. It’s true; there’s a steady stream of cars heading from Fargo and points between to Grand Forks on nights Sioux hockey plays at home.

I’ve heard from Bison fans for years that Sioux hockey is nothing but a niche sport on a national scale. Yet there isn’t an athletic program in the state that draws the national spotlight as does Sioux hockey, on radio, TV or printed press.

Bison fans rightfully are proud of their football success over the years at the NCAA Division II level. At the Division I level, the Bison have not won a conference football title, let alone a national championship.

There are seven Division I national championship banners hanging in Ralph Engelstad Arena. There are 14 WCHA pennants, too, as winners of the strongest league in the land.

It’s the truth that NDSU never will have an athletic program in any sport to rival the prestige and success of Sioux hockey. For a school and city that like to think of themselves as bigger and better, that hurts. Always has. Always will.

Nov. 27, 2010, will go down in history as the day the drawing power of Sioux hockey and Bison football was put to the test, head-to-head. It was no contest. So to those Bison fans who bash and belittle Sioux hockey?

Just shut up.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    I was thinking 2012, not 2011. I went back and checked 2011 because I'm a nerd.

2011 Season
    Youngstown State
    Illinois State
    Northern Iowa
    All sold out in advance. Some a few days before, others a week before. That's half the regular season home games.

Misery State (Deer opener) sold out all sideline tickets, general admission remained. Could have bought an endzone GA or returned visitor ticket the day of

Lafayette and Saint Francis didnt sell out because they were Lafayette and Saint Francis but still some good crowds. Sideline reserved were sold out of Lafayette but you could have bought an endzone GA or visitor returned ticket the day of.

But 3 of the 4 home conference games sold out in advance and I think the 3 playoff games sold out so that would have been 6 sellouts

Not as good as I remember you couldnt just buy tickets the day of in 2011. Well maybe the non conference games or Misery State you could

2012 was just nuts.
    Just because the game was sold out doesnt mean that tickets WERENT easy to find.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Its real. Big reason students gave up a bunch of tickets without really any fight. Plus, you'll see lots of open season ticket holder seats for the non-premium games......
    Just like most other football programs.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Just because the game was sold out doesnt mean that tickets WERENT easy to find.
    Fair enough. I'm just pointing out that before we ever won our first national Championship game, 3 conference games and 3 playoff games sold out in advance. You no longer could buy a ticket a day before game time unless you looked for tickets online. Was it easy? Easier.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

My boy and I have never had season tickets. We normally try to go to 2 or 3 games a year together, depending on our schedules. Tickets were walk up available until 2011.... and they were still fairly easy to find until 2013. They've gotten more expensive and difficult to find since then. But it almost seemed like last year they weren't quite as tough to locate. The price was still at a premium, but easier to get. Or maybe we just lucked out.

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Farmer63 View Post
    My boy and I have never had season tickets. We normally try to go to 2 or 3 games a year together, depending on our schedules. Tickets were walk up available until 2011.... and they were still fairly easy to find until 2013. They've gotten more expensive and difficult to find since then. But it almost seemed like last year they weren't quite as tough to locate. The price was still at a premium, but easier to get. Or maybe we just lucked out.
    Agreed. We have tried to get season tickets the last handful of years with no luck, but we also haven't missed a home game. Last year seemed like a much easier year to get tickets though.