Page 99 of 112 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Season Tickets

Default Re: 2018 Season Tickets

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    Correeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeect. Every time someone outright dismisses that it is even a possibility to expand and/or build new, they always seem to assume we're apparently building a 45,000 seat stadium with NFL caliber amenities................ hence the $400 million "conservative estimate"
    Investors Group Field in Winnipeg seats 33,500. Construction started around 2009 or 2010 if I remember correctly.

It’s got a partial roof so basically open air. Cost was a bit over $200 million CAD when their dollar was close to par.

Build that size in Fargo, fully enclosed, with the “special needs” related to Fargo’s soils and I think it could easily push 400. I doubt you’d do it for less than 300.

New NFL stadiums cost a Billion or more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    Correeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeect. Every time someone outright dismisses that it is even a possibility to expand and/or build new, they always seem to assume we're apparently building a 45,000 seat stadium with NFL caliber amenities................ hence the $400 million "conservative estimate"
    Ok, then plug whatever ticket price you don’t think is crazy for a nosebleed seat farther from the field than every single chair in the existing facility work the equation backward and convince me you can put a roof over a football stadium with seating 35,000 people for that number.

Also, I was under the impression that all the amenities were a requirement to induce premium priceing for otherwise poorer seats.

Honestly, I thought the result of my little math exercise was so absurd that we wouldn’t have to suffer through additional rounds of this nonsense. It can’t pay for itself. NDSU needs a big chunk of help from somewhere in order to get a new football facility.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

IG Field has also had some maintenance issues and cost overruns. Despite partial roof coverage, it is bitterly cold in November. I do like how the concessions face the field like at Newman Outdoor Field and the Winnipeg Goldeyes stadium. It has been great when I have been coaching a HS team there (before I go to any HS event there I rub the toe of the Bud Grant statue). Many’s the time I have been glad to be in the comfort of the Fargodome when it’s cold or rainy.

That being said, any talk of a larger venue should address other events held in the Dome. Do any concert tours skip FM because the Dome isn’t big enough?

And for that matter, still no Bison Illustrated or ticket news yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Manitoba View Post
    IG Field has also had some maintenance issues and cost overruns. Despite partial roof coverage, it is bitterly cold in November. I do like how the concessions face the field like at Newman Outdoor Field and the Winnipeg Goldeyes stadium. It has been great when I have been coaching a HS team there (before I go to any HS event there I rub the toe of the Bud Grant statue). Many’s the time I have been glad to be in the comfort of the Fargodome when it’s cold or rainy.

That being said, any talk of a larger venue should address other events held in the Dome. Do any concert tours skip FM because the Dome isn’t big enough?

Nope. The Dome is actually too big for most concerts that come our way. The era of the giant concert is over except for a few exceptions that make the rule.

Quote Originally Posted by Manitoba View Post

Correct.

The important takeaways from the comparison are the ultimate cost vs estimates AND the difference between open air and fully enclosed.

The end costs came to almost double the original estimates. I’d bet a ton of money on the same thing happening.

Secondly, a building would be tremendously more costly.

That’s why the people throwing around much lower numbers are wrong IMO.

Audit is correct about paying for it. The analysis shouldn’t be done on 35,000 seats. Marginal cost analysis applies. The NEW seats need to justify construction and only if the revenue of the first 18,000 seats remains the same. You don’t have to be good at math to figure it out either.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernBison View Post
    Correct.

The important takeaways from the comparison are the ultimate cost vs estimates AND the difference between open air and fully enclosed.

The end costs came to almost double the original estimates. I’d bet a ton of money on the same thing happening.

Audit is correct about paying for it. The analysis shouldn’t be done on 35,000 seats. Marginal cost analysis applies. The NEW seats need to justify construction and only if the revenue of the first 18,000 seats remains the same. You don’t have to be good at math to figure it out either.

My guess, and yes, it’s a guess is that the decision makers at NDSU have been down this road more than once about building their own stadium and came pretty much to the same conclusion as Audit.

The FargoDome is not perfect, but it is the best option for the school (got to remember they are not a franchise, nor can they threaten to leave) for the time being.

Using my iPhone to Tapatalk-a-tap-dance on the F’Hawking graves of dead feelings from those who worship Nazi-sympathizers.
    Hail the BISON!!!

perthbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Correct.

I largely agree with this your analysis and conclusion. A couple things though, getting into a conference that distributed tv and tournament money would help and these things never do stand on their own at the start

I would guess that Winnipeg has the same issues since both cities are built on the same glacial Lake Agassiz plain. Maybe there was less time for the silt to collect once you get that far north.

Investors Group Field in Winnipeg seats 33,500. Construction started around 2009 or 2010 if I remember correctly.

It’s got a partial roof so basically open air. Cost was a bit over $200 million CAD when their dollar was close to par.

Build that size in Fargo, fully enclosed, with the “special needs” related to Fargo’s soils and I think it could easily push 400. I doubt you’d do it for less than 300.

New NFL stadiums cost a Billion or more.

It's OK to not be OK.

Non season ticket holder single game ticket emails are starting to go out. Sorry if thats already been posted.

The real question is will TSCF choose Foreigner in Sioux falls or Cal Poly ?
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTeacher View Post
    Non season ticket holder single game ticket emails are starting to go out. Sorry if thats already been posted.

The real question is will TSCF choose Foreigner in Sioux falls or Cal Poly ?
    just got an email..... got two tickets to Youngstown.... literally the ONLY game I cant go to. so stupid. Those TM dues really did me a solid

NDSU: what games do you want to go to?
    ME: Literally anything besides Youngstown
    NDSU: Two tickets for Youngstown- comin' right up!

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugh
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS