Page 53 of 112 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Season Tickets

Default Re: 2018 Season Tickets

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    You actually kind of epitomize everything that is wrong with this thread. No doubt the vocal majority here want status quo. Their rebuttal to any alternative plan are those people are too rigid and don't understand. I don't think status quo is difficult to understand. It has become very predictable here. Any time someone brings up another viewpoint, someone jumps in with anything to discredit or discount their opinion. You aren't even either a teammaker or season ticket holder and you are jumping in to stand up for status quo because you have a need to be liked.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    So what you just did here...wasn't that the same thing you just complained about (bolded)?

I have to say taking a shot at CyPanth is a low blow. He is a good poster from outside the fanbase...he didn't deserve that. No, it wasn't terribly harsh...but you made sure to try and discredit him.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    How about scrapping the free points for former athletes and giving them some kind of matched points for the first X amount of dollars they donate. For instance for the first $2500 they donate they get 2 points per $50 instead of 1 so that would get them to 100 points after they've donated that $2500 (or bump it to the first $5000 so they'd have 200 points after the first $5000). They could do something similar for alums to incentivize them to get started. Double points for the first $1000 or something like that so they'd be at 40 points after $1000 instead of 20.
    I like the matching points idea for all kinds of groups of possible donors team makers should be looking at targeting (former athletes, alumni, etc). Probably hard to make changes this far in, but that would have seemed like a better strategy to keep giving people an incentive to donate. Seems like the ease of getting dues through season tickets has allowed for a lack of creativity in the PP incentive schemes.

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    I like the matching points idea for all kinds of groups of possible donors team makers should be looking at targeting (former athletes, alumni, etc). Probably hard to make changes this far in, but that would have seemed like a better strategy to keep giving people an incentive to donate. Seems like the ease of getting dues through season tickets has allowed for a lack of creativity in the PP incentive schemes.
    I think that would be a better way of doing it. I think that TM is at a spot where they are going to have to get a little bit creative if they want to grow. Obviously they can grow by raising the required minimum on football tics but they are limited there. The problem now is there isn't a ton of incentive for new members to join, especially run of the mill grads and fans. I think some sort of benefit for being an alum would be in order and I really like the matching points up to $X would be a smart way of doing it.

The obvious way to growth is through basketball but that is going to be tough sledding as long as they keep putting out dog shit home schedule after dog shit home schedule (not TM fault).

Quote Originally Posted by 89MTBISON View Post
    Is there a consensus on bisonville as to whether Bison letterwinners were net recipients, or net contributors to NDSU during/after their athletic careers?
    This is an interesting question. One way to look at it might be that if they didn't think it was worth it, they would leave and do something else with their time. This may not be exactly right, though, because all schools are limited by NCAA rules in terms of what they can provide so you could argue they don't have many choices to begin with. That said, NDSU provides more (CoA, etc.) than most schools, so I'm at least safe in saying NDSU athletes are better off than their next best alternative (other schools, trying to go pro, etc.) If they weren't, they would choose a different option.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

I should add that NDSU isn't shutting down it's athletic program either, so they are probably happy with the results. So it's a win/win.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

I think Team Makers should scrap the priority points all together and get into the Crypo currency game. BisonCoin. We could trade real dollars for these digital Bison Football tokens to buy pom poms.

cbline is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MrSnuffleupagus View Post
    I think Team Makers should scrap the priority points all together and get into the Crypo currency game. BisonCoin. We could trade real dollars for these digital Bison Football tokens to buy pom poms.
    . . . . and streamers!

Quote Originally Posted by cbline View Post
    . . . . and streamers!
    Wonder if there are any teams out there that have some unused streamers at discount prices.

gumby013 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MrSnuffleupagus View Post
    Wonder if there are any teams out there that have some unused streamers at discount prices.
    I still have some leftover from the last game. Throwing them didn't go as planned.

Looking good Billy Ray!

do they work good as air hockey pucks?