Page 33 of 112 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Season Tickets

Default Re: 2018 Season Tickets

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    Recognition ....all sorts of alum bring recognition and keep ndsu name current. Example... We have students that were/are president of international student associations etc. Alums publishing books and articles etc.

The recognition for the athlete is a scholarship and cost of living.

100 is too much imo. 20 for a letter and 5 per degree is how I would do it. That gives the letter winner 25 points
    We get all of that and get to entertain you to. ????? oh thank you
    Last edited by 56BISON73; 05-02-2018 at 04:37 PM.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfanette View Post
    Nice thought!!! I have about 70 signs under my bed. (I have to go thru them someday, & "retire" a few.)
    Btw, BisonNation, I agree with your last post. 25 sounds reasonable. When you get your Masters Degree do you get another 25? Good thoughts.
    Now, someone please talk to TM about the alumni (who graduated with degree(s) being rewarded a few p pts.
    Who shall that be? Maybe PL?
    Youre pretty good at bending their ear so why stop now?
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    Recognition ....all sorts of alum bring recognition and keep ndsu name current. Example... We have students that were/are president of international student associations etc. Alums publishing books and articles etc.

The recognition for the athlete is a scholarship and cost of living.

100 is too much imo. 20 for a letter and 5 per degree is how I would do it. That gives the letter winner 25 points
    I'm fairly certain I don't read in the paper or see on the news everyday of these presidents/authors/prestigious alums. What I do see is everyday from Fall Camp through the season multiple local, regional and national media outlets reporting on the team. After the season, I see recruiting news. After Signing Day, I see Spring Ball. After Spring Ball, I see countdowns, numerous top whatever lists, etc. I'm appreciative of everything students (current and former) do for the university, but there is absolutely no way you can compare the amount of eyeballs a student athlete brings to NDSU vs an everyday student. It's not even a fair comparison. Students strengthen their mind while at college. Athletes strengthen their minds and bodies all while sacrificing their bodies for your entertainment. The price they pay physically cannot be measured as a vast majority will never be the same after they leave college. I think a simple 100 points is more than fair for the sacrifices they make and money/attention they bring. Not only that, but a former athlete doesn't care about the 100 points if they don't utilize them to their advantage. And I can guarantee those that do utilize them also donate back to the university. I also think an alum with a degree deserves more than a measly 5 points. Might as well leave them at 0.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    We get all of that and get to entertain you????? oh thank you
    Don't forget the sacrifices. I was non-scholarship and my body is still messed up.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

The athletes earned it. Athletes.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNation11 View Post
    I do agree awarding alumni/degrees with points. I think 50 is a bit extreme. Perhaps 25. I see the reason for 100 for letter-winners as they bring recognition to NDSU by performing well and keeping NDSU's name in the press. They also bring in money for the university. The average student does not. Married couples should be able to share their points under one account. Multiple degrees should also be rewarded. Perhaps the points given out based off of a certain donation amount. Maybe after $1000 donated to TM, then you get rewarded with the points. Ensures people become TM and gets some money coming in the door. An incentive type of thing.
    I don't hate this. My wife and I have 3 degrees between us.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Well I think they should also look at giving 100 points to the person who yells the loudest in each section. I know I've seen the noise meter go up when I yell.

Lardsin must go!

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    The athletes earned it. Athletes.

How much should Lakes get for his time on the baseball team?
    Last edited by CyPanth; 05-02-2018 at 05:45 PM.
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016

Quote Originally Posted by CyPanth View Post
    How much should Lakes get?
    He's a Goofer fan pretending to be a Bison, so zilch.
    Hail the BISON!!!

And keep in mind that former athletes aren’t automatically TM members. They first have to “join” TMs by donating, it’s only then that the 100 kicks in.

Also, the vast majority of schools reserve game/seat tickets for former players that want to attend games, free of charge. NDSU does not do that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.