Page 32 of 112 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Season Tickets

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2018 Season Tickets

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    It's hard to compete with the 100 pts past athletes get . I think they should get something but 100 pts is too much. Imo it discourages others from even trying. I would think scaling that back to 25 would be wiser.
    No idea what the point total should be for an athlete but I do wish that alumni would get some kind of credit.

Quote Originally Posted by stevdock View Post
    No idea what the point total should be for an athlete but I do wish that alumni would get some kind of credit.
    Agree completely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfanette View Post
    Ummm.... all I was really wondering... is "what" qualifies a person to get MISC points?
    It seriously is "listed" that way.... at the bottom of the list:

.... Foundation Gifts to University (1pt/$1000) -
    .... NDSU Varsity Letterwinner (100pts) -
    .... Miscellaneous Points -
    (I really thought someone was going to say something funny about this.... but you guys got all "serious" on me.)
    Fanette I'm pretty sure that you were part of this discussion!

Misc = marrying a cheerleader

[emoji3] sorry teach!

Sent by my phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Agree completely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I would give 5 points per degree and 20 points varsity letter.

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    Fanette I'm pretty sure that you were part of this discussion!

Misc = marrying a cheerleader

[emoji3] sorry teach!

Sent by my phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.
    Now, THAT response was more like what I was expecting!!! In fact, my original post was going to say...
    Priority Points - Miscellaneous Points - (???) I suppose that means the "spouse" of a cheerleader also gets awarded points?
    (And back in those days, the _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ weren't very __________.)
    IMO, if Varsity letterwinners = 100 ppts, each College Degree = 50. (Those fb players take a beating, & have to practice at 5:AM.)
    It really would make good sense to award alumni/college degrees with points tho.
    Last edited by bisonfanette; 05-02-2018 at 03:22 PM.

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Green1 View Post
    Come on CyPanth . Time to get your Bison season tickets. It will only hurt a little bit but with some Jag, it will all be good.
    Sorry, but I'm having trouble even getting to Cedar Falls for games. Plus, my inoculations aren't up to date. Can't be too careful about the Bizon flu.
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfanette View Post
    Now, THAT response was more like what I was expecting!!! In fact, my original post was going to say...
    Priority Points - Miscellaneous Points - (???) I suppose that means the "spouse" of a cheerleader also gets awarded points?
    (And back in those days, the _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ weren't very __________.)
    IMO, if Varsity letterwinners = 100 ppts, each College Degree = 50. (Those fb players take a beating & get to practice at 5:AM.)
    It really would make good sense to award alumni/college degrees with points tho.
    I think you should get a point for every sign you bring on game day.

I do agree awarding alumni/degrees with points. I think 50 is a bit extreme. Perhaps 25. I see the reason for 100 for letter-winners as they bring recognition to NDSU by performing well and keeping NDSU's name in the press. They also bring in money for the university. The average student does not. Married couples should be able to share their points under one account. Multiple degrees should also be rewarded. Perhaps the points given out based off of a certain donation amount. Maybe after $1000 donated to TM, then you get rewarded with the points. Ensures people become TM and gets some money coming in the door. An incentive type of thing.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNation11 View Post
    I do agree awarding alumni/degrees with points. I think 50 is a bit extreme. Perhaps 25. I see the reason for 100 for letter-winners as they bring recognition to NDSU by performing well and keeping NDSU's name in the press. They also bring in money for the university. The average student does not. Married couples should be able to share their points under one account. Multiple degrees should also be rewarded. Perhaps the points are given out based off of a certain donation amount. Maybe after $1000 donated to TM, then you get rewarded with the points. Ensures people become TM and receives some money coming in the door. An incentive type of thing.
    Recognition ....all sorts of alum bring recognition and keep ndsu name current. Example... We have students that were/are president of international student associations etc. Alums publishing books and articles etc.

The recognition for the athlete is a scholarship and cost of living.

100 is too much imo. 20 for a letter and 5 per degree is how I would do it. That gives the letter winner 25 points

Quote Originally Posted by BisonCardinal View Post
    I think you should get a point for every sign you bring on game day.
    Nice thought!!! I have about 70 signs under my bed. (I have to go thru them someday, & "retire" a few.)
    Btw, BisonNation, I agree with your last post. 25 sounds reasonable. When you get your Masters Degree do you get another 25? Good thoughts.
    Now, someone please talk to TM about the alumni (who graduated with degree(s) being rewarded a few p pts.
    Who shall that be? Maybe PL?