Page 94 of 112 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Season Tickets

Default Re: 2018 Season Tickets

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    Who said anything about a 400 million dollar stadium???? Be realistic if your going to throw numbers around. For half of that the Dome could be expanded to 30k.
    200 million for 10k seats? Why wouldnt you build new for 400 mill and have 35K seats and a new venue??
    Plus Do you think the FD is going to be willing to shut down for this project? Nope--I dont think so. But in the long shot lets say they agree where do the Bison play while the FD is under construction?
    I mean if we are going to talk pipe dream lets go all the way.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

kab1one is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Remember fargo and cass county have a pending 3 billion debacle in the form of a flood diversion that is going t suck all available excess tax dollars out available for public projects

So expecting help from the city of state is a pipeline dream due to that albatross with an anchor being planned

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

A new venue that would have better, and more convention space, that would seat more people for football and have sort of a true 'sliding scale' arena for different sized music acts would be pretty money. Design it so that multiple activities could be held at the same time. Build it over on the northwest corner of 19th and 29. Take back the land that the Fargodome is on and build some more mixed use and expand campus as needed.

/pipedream

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

DakotaOkie is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    I agree with all of this and its all well and good for big time cities, events and venues. Now apply this to Fargo and ND with its funding rules and laws. Im really interested on how all of this can come about.
    I would not hold my breath waiting for this to happen in the area. You sum it up quite well with the "big time cities" comment. Fargo is a long, long way from being a big time city and that is not necessarily a bad thing. There are a lot of big time cities on the "worst places to live" lists. Fargo area is very nice (winters not withstanding), but thinking big has never been a strong suit in the area. An easy example was the move to D1 sports. It took outside leadership to come in and grow the university on many facets including sports, business college, technology incubation park, etc. The result are now conversations like this about larger stadiums and other loftier goals, but the "times are eternally tough" folks tend to think small and stifle good growth.
    Will there be a new Dome...eventually yes because the useful life of these type of buildings is finite (30 years, tops) and the reinvestment to keep them viable becomes so high that new makes more sense. Until then, it is simply an interesting topic for conversations.

Quote Originally Posted by DakotaOkie View Post
    I would not hold my breath waiting for this to happen in the area. You sum it up quite well with the "big time cities" comment. Fargo is a long, long way from being a big time city and that is not necessarily a bad thing. There are a lot of big time cities on the "worst places to live" lists. Fargo area is very nice (winters not withstanding), but thinking big has never been a strong suit in the area. An easy example was the move to D1 sports. It took outside leadership to come in and grow the university on many facets including sports, business college, technology incubation park, etc. The result are now conversations like this about larger stadiums and other loftier goals, but the "times are eternally tough" folks tend to think small and stifle good growth.
    Will there be a new Dome...eventually yes because the useful life of these type of buildings is finite (30 years, tops) and the reinvestment to keep them viable becomes so high that new makes more sense. Until then, it is simply an interesting topic for conversations.
    FYI, the FargoDome was built as “100 year” building.

Using my iPhone to Tapatalk-a-tap-dance on the F’Hawking graves of dead feelings from those who worship Nazi-sympathizers.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Cool..so were gonna have some hinkle Fieldhouse Hoosiers vibe going for us when half of this board is dead and the other half is in our 80s

Road will be in the half that's dead. Do we still need to bring his corpse to the games?

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    Cool..so were gonna have some hinkle Fieldhouse Hoosiers vibe going for us when half of this board is dead and the other half is in our 80s

Road will be in the half that's dead. Do we still need to bring his corpse to the games?
    Hinkle Fieldhouse is awesome! I highly recommend a visit if you are ever in Indy.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by DakotaOkie View Post
    So, if I understand you correctly the useful life of the Dome is at best four more years?
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Bison Loaf is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    "The football hotbed of the high plains."

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    So, if I understand you correctly the useful life of the Dome is at best four more years?
    About the same as my liver, so I’m good with that.

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post

Cremation and internment in a game ball I'm thinking. Easier for road games.